Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Summer hasn't arrived in Victoria yet:(. We hope it will warm up for our seafood Christmas lunch out on the deck.

We leave for a river cruise in Myanmar with Scenic in 33 days (who's counting:D).

Two nights in Singapore on the way then to India for 2 weeks.

2 new destinations for us.

jP, we will beat you to Delhi by a week. In India we are traveling independently with a car and driver with guides in Varanasi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Delhi before flying home. All arranged on the internet ( Enchanting Travels) so hoping for a great experience.

My husband usually blogs so will give a link when we leave.

Now to get Christmas sorted and the house ready for the house sitter :eek:

jillyf, I will certainly look forward to reading about your trip. Sounds nice to have a private tour. Hope it's great!

Have never been to Myanmar (or anywhere in that area, for that matter). One of our Aussie friends wants to get our group together to cruise Vietnam and Cambodia but we're having a hard time coordinating schedules.

Hopefully your weather warms up soon. Christmas dinner outside sounds so nice! And such a foreign concept to those of us in the upper latitudes of the northern hemisphere. We will be looking to escape the freezing weather in February.

Five days and I think the water cooler has frozen! We're having a nice cold snap here in Upstate NY... 1F this morning (-17) with -9F wind chill (-22). Time to break out the parka and my new scarf that I got for an early Christmas present. And this isn't even all that bad...I must be getting soft!

We are both working this weekend, then a few days more of work next week before we head off to Paris then Geneva. Finishing up some last-minute plans for that trip, and starting to plan the May trip (Prague, Berlin, Copenhagen). A good way to pass the time while it's freezing out!

Hi JP ..... yes it is quiet! :)

I have just been adding sage and onion stuffing to a nice lambs breast today ...... it is the first lambs breast we've had for years and I'm so please Ocado have added it to their stock. It is a lovely piece of fatty lamb ...and we're having it with a Martini Rosso gravy and mash and petit pois. It was a pice of meat we could afford in much poorer times and has a touch of nostalgia to it. A really appropriate meal for a grey and horrible winters day.

I noticed in a picture of Trump's coiffe this morning .... is it just me ... or does it bear an uncanny and eery resemblance to the Rolls Royce Spirit of Ecstasy coiffe ..... :eek:

Let us not talk about the world today! Let us have a world-free day!

Jeff

Hi All......think we've all been busy prepping for the festive season now very much upon us!!

JP.....your travels sound very exciting....l love the planning stage!

Jeffers.....sage and onion stuffing.....how do you make that....I use my grandmothers very simple recipe of just almost stale breadcrumbs, onions and dried sage ..seasoned well and with a butter topping for cooking....it has to be quite moist though....so easy to spread on a sandwich.......do let us know how the lamb turned out!

Father hasn't been too well with his good foot starting to become a problem so I've been up and down to the hospital with him......sadly it's not good news but we have to carry on...

So....all food orders are in for delivery next week including the Forman & Field goodies.....l have Christmas Eve dinner to look forward to with the kids coming here so still a few bits to do...!!

Happy Weekend [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Five days and I think the water cooler has frozen! We're having a nice cold snap here in Upstate NY... 1F this morning (-17) with -9F wind chill (-22). Time to break out the parka and my new scarf that I got for an early Christmas present. And this isn't even all that bad...I must be getting soft! We are both working this weekend, then a few days more of work next week before we head off to Paris then Geneva. Finishing up some last-minute plans for that trip, and starting to plan the May trip (Prague, Berlin, Copenhagen). A good way to pass the time while it's freezing out!

UKCruiseJeff: Hi JP ..... yes it is quiet! I have just been adding sage and onion stuffing to a nice lambs breast today ...... it is the first lambs breast we've had for years we're having it with a Martini Rosso gravy and mash and petit pois. Let us not talk about the world today! Let us have a world-free day! Jeff

Appreciate this "warming up" of the Cooler. In central Ohio' date=' we got about 3 inches of snow this week that made things look very pretty in our ravine area as the trees were covered in a magical way. It was single digit lows (F) here overnight. Cold, cold!! My assumption is that lots of people are busy, busy with work, family, preparing for the holidays, etc. Look forward to the food pictures from Jeff.

On Monday, I was able to log on and [b']get tickets for Hamilton[/b], the super hot, hot musical ticket. It opens March 10 for a 22-week run in San Francisco. In late February, we will depart Ft. Lauderdale to do a cruise through the Panama Canal with our first visits to Colombia, Central America and Mexico. We'll see this Hamilton production on Thursday, March 16 in SF after our cruise arrives there on March 15. Tickets sold out in just one day for this entire, long run. Our tickets are seventh row of the loge/balcony, center. Lucky!! This is a high-demand ticket where the re-sellers now are wanting to get four or five times the face value. Anyone else going to see Hamilton in the near future or having other interesting, new things to suggest in the scenic Bay City? Have been to San Francisco about six or seven times and always enjoy its unique sights and style.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 163,495 views for this posting.

Edited by TLCOhio

Hi All......think we've all been busy prepping for the festive season now very much upon us!!

JP.....your travels sound very exciting....l love the planning stage!

Jeffers.....sage and onion stuffing.....how do you make that....I use my grandmothers very simple recipe of just almost stale breadcrumbs, onions and dried sage ..seasoned well and with a butter topping for cooking....it has to be quite moist though....so easy to spread on a sandwich.......do let us know how the lamb turned out!

Father hasn't been too well with his good foot starting to become a problem so I've been up and down to the hospital with him......sadly it's not good news but we have to carry on...

So....all food orders are in for delivery next week including the Forman & Field goodies.....l have Christmas Eve dinner to look forward to with the kids coming here so still a few bits to do...!!

Happy Weekend [emoji5]

11087011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=666b34ca498c816e56c27797424f02f6

Hope you got the London Cure Soapy ...... I use to visit their original place in the East-end and we use to get a pack of "cat scraps" ...... you could work your way through the bag and find tasty morcels to make a sandwich a bit like a jigsaw puzzle. We had some London Cure on Monday and I have some in next Mondays basket ..... it is I think the finest smoke salmon that isn't artisan although I think they think it is ....

Hope things go OK with Father ...... trying times for you.

Jeff

Smoked%20Salmon%20side%20-%20gift%20ZOOM.jpg

Camera

Hasselblad CFV - Hasselblad 500

Aperture

f/2

Exposure

30.007326006889343s

ISO

Greetings Coolers! We are in Calgary with our son and his family to celebrate an early Christmas. It is bone-chillingly cold here! (-8 F about -22 C). Here is a picture I took at sunset a couple of days ago. So cold that the exhaust from chimneys and apartment buildings hovers in the air. Mountains are in the background.

DSC04584b_zpsi8x8m5ts.jpg

S.....so sorry to hear that your Dad is not doing so well. You and yours are in my thoughts.

JP....Have a great Christmas adventure! Sounds like so much fun!

J.... the lamb and stuffing sound delicious! Myster is doing the cooking for dinners here. He made a delicious lamb stew in the pressure cooker. Our son and his wife loved it!

Have a great day all!

Hello Coolers ........love the Paxo stuff Jeffers....hope you add an onion to the mix! Always order the Formans smoked salmon along with a whole ham and other bits like their delish almond cake.

Lovely pic Mysty....hope you are having fun with the family.

Well we all seem to be busy with all sorts of activities.......looks like we are going to get father out tomorrow for a festive family lunch.....l do admire his stamina!

Happy Weekend

S [emoji5]

Greetings Coolers!

Joe....I am looking back wistfully on our grand adventure earlier this year. I do miss the anticipation of it which I was experiencing at this point last year. I am with you!

J...Frances continues to perform beautifully! I was called into service with her for some Christmas shots of our son, his wife and their 6 month old son. Taking pictures of babies is a real challenge! Thanks for the kind wishes! I send them back to you and yours with great enthusiasm!

S.....Have a wonderful lunch with your dad tomorrow!

Have a great day all!

Good Morning Coolers ......

3 am'ish here ... and clearly a sleep free night ...... so a raclette, eggy, spring oniony rosti for a bit of a distractive feast with a can of Fosters.

It may look really messy and unappetising but it was delicious and now back to the log fire and Netflix .....

FDA7AF15-B4E4-43E3-8DCB-ACA4B6C318AA.jpg

Jeff

Morning all,

I'm curious if it is the "norm" to get a gift FROM your Agent...

I felt bad having to cancel our 2 suites last minute for the Wind this week, and lo and behold, FedEx just arrived delivering 2 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose from our agents Company! :eek:

Granted, we have developed a great working relationship, and have been social, but I was a little shocked to say the least!!!

I know losing 2 suites on a Holiday cruise cost them a nice commission. Should I reciprocate the gesture? Anyone have any suggestions ?

Ciao ~ Don

Thoughts and prayers for Berliners tonight.

I saw. Very sad that this is becoming the new normal.

We'll be in Berlin in May. My first visit, but Chris was there in 1988 while the wall was still up. We watched the wall come down in her dorm room on a tiny little television. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Only one more day until check in, two more until we fly over the pond! Hoping that AF has some nice wine selections to make the flight more pleasant. :D

Edited by jpalbny

Morning all,

I'm curious if it is the "norm" to get a gift FROM your Agent...

I felt bad having to cancel our 2 suites last minute for the Wind this week, and lo and behold, FedEx just arrived delivering 2 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose from our agents Company! :eek:

Granted, we have developed a great working relationship, and have been social, but I was a little shocked to say the least!!!

I know losing 2 suites on a Holiday cruise cost them a nice commission. Should I reciprocate the gesture? Anyone have any suggestions ?

Ciao ~ Don

Hi Ex-

Your TA sounds quite generous! Ours will send some Florida citrus fruit from time to time...maybe I'll have to forward this post to her! ;)

My opinion is that reciprocation is not needed unless you have a strong personal relationship in addition to the business relationship. If it's all business, then you're making money for your TA, and if they choose to share some of that with you, it's great. The best gifts you can give in that case are (1) your continued business, and (2) some stellar online reviews.

Now, if you are feeling guilty about the Dom rosé, please get in touch and I can arrange to have them taken off your hands...we love that stuff! I remember sharing a bottle aboard Silver Wind back in 2012, when we had so much OBC that we didn't know what to do...so we ordered a bottle to our balcony and enjoyed the view of Sorrento! $360 per bottle didn't seem bad when it was free.

x7nNApv_8NWxd0WPDbhKjAV5ZDO4i15VaumVc9IDd8tmjqQnxBJGGhii31H28Zxx4b4_sLkIh_5Q0m7OMJNCh9lc__tpgn7tluFxYNEpFl4pNzXMaLUTZnDR1FlUMmJ70Vt48onvbqYHfMYDwgKr_vr5UtFhHUHJMCV4CHDfvRVv5kp69OCRdkxUZYM6uAjn36G99OoiQgHL1TzwDw5F_YWuorpKkM45aX3knKlx1y6xYJ_O57FCBselu4FnWTWZXuXoEWWjtKJ-WN8SB_8DUZCcld1FV7ZAsp_GIR2FFjjosb2oTHZJio6B44boDeWcCURNWXGmEm0o4cpT90AjEa50R-ds29t-Infv6TEgWLy5QCfpZPQizz5RxxuSMd5zKD7KcigZk64V8X-Upl2aRIJx9TZyFcaB5FdHIoB5-U7iRaKExObVrI-saQnUhW3XHmqwbLWPTmJ6Kjo_2alNlVt7AXe1Zpj3fRHimAN9mT0SGxPSPnAUTkjGvugtwtlOYz2xEivChwpHBJ4b1VuEjrJxPsuFSt720_16ZZz84fB95EE0RkHHCmJFlTft2u3XJQT15MbYohA1g3aagk83CcBTPaQWL9H43Jl3-8QNs7Cib_XFZ1hKpw=w1280-h960-no

vOk3niK7scVkfdh-tXLIUmJVSrQkvzX98MptecF-iH_9X0tD756c2e6TC5cnenFxojtlYj8If1KHY_Y_CtgNB1rfMTgc9IU8y4cAmMPm-581dPXGuUGdbA05bqRShjSiooPm3lz_8Rxux4V3LO1LRGn9RIACw5XBVodMhQF7Si8Le_kKgA9xrWjg8YGBD6hNSXwt1u0jr2PCzXXjnRtsCJoUnoxyNXn8sdLbp49GunexSW-0TJllmf-Ah5kK2_ChnBvj6Yb0M2i9DE51XJyZCBS-UqAZkV_Li07DuxXEbBsDe6DEHKR9lpi7cQPcM7djUvkJJ_789bLYWx-uJbeTqdVmOmINruTLe4OWvaQVZtbCSuMzJtZflpilF0S10sGW2Gl5wgMWtqOtiBUDgyTGEq21xPCsmDXpNuRYPDMVlnmImElbI7L3CRsIgOpgzTH3l7RCkjz4KZkH0bpD69bJiVMPRZ9VJs2oYuSexqJcU-FejbWX6po2skaAsR8drW32A2CR00_BwnCxmG5Pqo8Q7WrqImGa5uzZB9Si_ym0kSoAuF3_KiZCTQFYVp1Uif_DKcwWjoXYCHxYGFX1mcY0wAfeQs3GaD2WcIX57H2ZNjbj7AFzQmXMgw=w1280-h847-no

Hi Ex-

Your TA sounds quite generous! Ours will send some Florida citrus fruit from time to time...maybe I'll have to forward this post to her! ;)

My opinion is that reciprocation is not needed unless you have a strong personal relationship in addition to the business relationship. If it's all business, then you're making money for your TA, and if they choose to share some of that with you, it's great. The best gifts you can give in that case are (1) your continued business, and (2) some stellar online reviews.

Now, if you are feeling guilty about the Dom rosé, please get in touch and I can arrange to have them taken off your hands...we love that stuff! I remember sharing a bottle aboard Silver Wind back in 2012, when we had so much OBC that we didn't know what to do...so we ordered a bottle to our balcony and enjoyed the view of Sorrento! $360 per bottle didn't seem bad when it was free.

x7nNApv_8NWxd0WPDbhKjAV5ZDO4i15VaumVc9IDd8tmjqQnxBJGGhii31H28Zxx4b4_sLkIh_5Q0m7OMJNCh9lc__tpgn7tluFxYNEpFl4pNzXMaLUTZnDR1FlUMmJ70Vt48onvbqYHfMYDwgKr_vr5UtFhHUHJMCV4CHDfvRVv5kp69OCRdkxUZYM6uAjn36G99OoiQgHL1TzwDw5F_YWuorpKkM45aX3knKlx1y6xYJ_O57FCBselu4FnWTWZXuXoEWWjtKJ-WN8SB_8DUZCcld1FV7ZAsp_GIR2FFjjosb2oTHZJio6B44boDeWcCURNWXGmEm0o4cpT90AjEa50R-ds29t-Infv6TEgWLy5QCfpZPQizz5RxxuSMd5zKD7KcigZk64V8X-Upl2aRIJx9TZyFcaB5FdHIoB5-U7iRaKExObVrI-saQnUhW3XHmqwbLWPTmJ6Kjo_2alNlVt7AXe1Zpj3fRHimAN9mT0SGxPSPnAUTkjGvugtwtlOYz2xEivChwpHBJ4b1VuEjrJxPsuFSt720_16ZZz84fB95EE0RkHHCmJFlTft2u3XJQT15MbYohA1g3aagk83CcBTPaQWL9H43Jl3-8QNs7Cib_XFZ1hKpw=w1280-h960-no

vOk3niK7scVkfdh-tXLIUmJVSrQkvzX98MptecF-iH_9X0tD756c2e6TC5cnenFxojtlYj8If1KHY_Y_CtgNB1rfMTgc9IU8y4cAmMPm-581dPXGuUGdbA05bqRShjSiooPm3lz_8Rxux4V3LO1LRGn9RIACw5XBVodMhQF7Si8Le_kKgA9xrWjg8YGBD6hNSXwt1u0jr2PCzXXjnRtsCJoUnoxyNXn8sdLbp49GunexSW-0TJllmf-Ah5kK2_ChnBvj6Yb0M2i9DE51XJyZCBS-UqAZkV_Li07DuxXEbBsDe6DEHKR9lpi7cQPcM7djUvkJJ_789bLYWx-uJbeTqdVmOmINruTLe4OWvaQVZtbCSuMzJtZflpilF0S10sGW2Gl5wgMWtqOtiBUDgyTGEq21xPCsmDXpNuRYPDMVlnmImElbI7L3CRsIgOpgzTH3l7RCkjz4KZkH0bpD69bJiVMPRZ9VJs2oYuSexqJcU-FejbWX6po2skaAsR8drW32A2CR00_BwnCxmG5Pqo8Q7WrqImGa5uzZB9Si_ym0kSoAuF3_KiZCTQFYVp1Uif_DKcwWjoXYCHxYGFX1mcY0wAfeQs3GaD2WcIX57H2ZNjbj7AFzQmXMgw=w1280-h847-no

Hi Jpalbny -

Funny... I think my wife and I will keep them...Maybe next time...LOL:D

That's my dilemma ! We have become close both personally and professionally. Close enough where he has had us to his families compound in Nantucket, and we have flown with him on his families plane. (Kind of hard to figure out what to get someone like him) We do go out from time to time, and usually alternate who picks up the check. We see each other at Charity events, etc. Like I wrote in the original post, we were SHOCKED when it arrived. Neither of us has done something like this for one another in the past, even before we became close. Yes, I will promote him and his business every chance I get, and I know that is worth more than a gift or $$ !! I do know they do not make much off me as he is always telling me most of their commission reduces my fare on whatever I go on. I guess I have to really think and wrack my brain! Oh, Love the picture taken on your balcony!! Happy Holidays! Ciao ~ Don

Greetings Coolers!

I want to wish my Cooler family a very Merry Christmas and a bright and sparkling New Year! May 2017 be filled with joy and laughter and love ever after! Safe travels to all who are venturing away from home!

DSC00005rEV_zpslnk05ouw.jpg

Have a great day and an awesome holiday season!