Tips for Bar Staff on pre paid

ladylemondrop

I am sorry - a tipping question! I was doing a dummy booking on RCL, and when it came to paying tips, it said you can "pre pay your gratuities, this will cover all staff except bar staff...."

Is Celebrity the same? We have our tips pre paid but want to be sure we tip bar staff if they are not getting any share.

Thanks,

Louise

I am sorry - a tipping question! I was doing a dummy booking on RCL, and when it came to paying tips, it said you can "pre pay your gratuities, this will cover all staff except bar staff...."

Is Celebrity the same? We have our tips pre paid but want to be sure we tip bar staff if they are not getting any share.

Thanks,

Louise

If you have a drink package, tips will be included. That being said, we always give an extra tip our favorite bartender (or 2) at the end of the week.

On Celebrity ships, and I'm sure on all others, the bar staff will always get theirs. Every purchase of any beverage includes an add on of 18% for bar staff.

None of the bar staff gratuities are prepaid like wait staff when Select Dining is chosen.

Thanks,

Louise

On Celebrity ships, and I'm sure on all others, the bar staff will always get theirs. Every purchase of any beverage includes an add on of 18% for bar staff.

None of the bar staff gratuities are prepaid like wait staff when Select Dining is chosen.

On Eclipse out of Southampton bar staff gratuities are built into the bar tariff rather than being added on afterwards.

However this does mean that bar staff as well as all others covered by your gratuities will receive a share of gratuities, although they obviously are happy to receive a little extra if you feel they have gone beyond the norm.

Prepaid gratuities cover wait staff and housekeeping.

Bar staff and wine stewards tips are with each purchase, either built into the price or tacked on each purchase.

Spa and salon tips are tacked onto each purchase, since they aren't included in the prepaid pool, either

I have a follow-up question. Does it matter for the bar staff if you buy a Package directly with them or before your cruise/at guest relations? For instance, I bought 2 Premium Packages at the Martini Bar and they treated me like a rockstar. In fact, they even asked for my autograph :D.

Looks like you answered your own question

You mean my question? If for instance that single bar or even waiter got to collect ALL gratuities for that purchage instead of pooling it, while I used it at others bars/restaurants as well maybe I should have bought it at guest relations.

You mean my question? If for instance that single bar or even waiter got to collect ALL gratuities for that purchage instead of pooling it, while I used it at others bars/restaurants as well maybe I should have bought it at guest relations.

No a bartender who sells a beverage package does not get all the gratuities on the package.

As others have said, the bar tips will be taken care of either with the beverage package, or included in the bar tab. You may give more if you felt you were especially well taken care of, but it is not necessary to cover the basic tip. Bar tips are not part of the auto tips paid either before the cruise or added to your account as a separate line item. These go only to the housekeeping and restaurant staff.

Edited by SantaFeFan