Miami Excursions at end of Cruise??

topaz123

Have some time to kill, and rather than sit at Miami airport all day, thought we would go on a post cruise excursion. How does Carnival handle the luggage...we return and have our luggage, so what do we do with it. I see they drop you at the airport when excursion is done...just wondered about the logistics of pick up/drop off...luggage, etc.

The Miami excursions are good and I have enjoyed them. The luggage comes with you and is stored on the bus in their luggage compartment. So when you are dropped off at the airport, the driver will then get your luggage.

DH and I just did the Everglades Tour for the same reason. You'll get early disembark tags delivered to your room and can set your luggage out the night before. You get off the ship and collect it at the terminal carousel. You load your luggage into a tour bus and it stays there, supervised, during the excursion. You'll then be transferred to Miami airport where you'll unload your luggage and check in for your flight. We got to Miami around 1:15 on our trip. DH and I enjoyed our Miami excursion.

Sounds great...I know how chaotic de bark can be. Our flight does not leave till 6:00 pm from Miami....so we'll be looking at a day trip in Miami. Do Carnival give you the tickets when you first check in on embarkation day? Any suggestions for a good day trip around Miami appreciated!!

We took a cab from the port to the airport, then rented a car at the airport. Took our luggage with us in the rented car. Drove to Everglades Alligator Farm, then came back to Miami and took in South Beach. Returned rental car to airport, then caught flight home, all in same day.

We had a later flight out of Miami once. Guest services let us use their phone the last night of the cruise to call and book a rental car. As I recall the rental car shuttle took us to the airport to get the car. We went to Vizcaya and toured the house and grounds. We really enjoyed it but kids probably wouldn't like it.

The Everglades Tour is effortless and fun. We have also done the hop on hop off tour. This is good if you have a really late flight. We were driven to the Bayside market. Our luggage was stored in a secure area and we boarded a double decker bus. When we finished the tour we collected our bags at the Bayside Market and took a shuttle to the airport.

Just a heads up because this happened to me.

You can't book a Carnival excursion and Luggage Express together. If you try they will contact you and make you cancel one or the other.

I love LE, so I usually purchase a daypass in the Admirals Lounge to relax and spend the day. I like to roam around the airport shops and sit and read and have some drinks and just make it an easy trip home.

We did a DIY after cruise before.

We used Luggage Express for our checked luggage.

(Bayside Marketplace also has an area to check your luggage too, while you tour, shop, eat or whatever.)

After disembarking, we took a cab to Bayside Marketplace and had pre-booked a combo tour which was a small bus tour around Miami areas with stops to get off for a bit in the Cuban area, the canal area, South Beach, etc...

After the small bus tour we then took a ride in the harbor on a nice boat.

We got to see quite a bit on the bus tour and then the harbor tour.

After the boat tour we hung out at the Bayside Marketplace for a while and then taxied to the airport.

This all made for a great last day in Miami post-cruise.

I believe the name of the company had Safari in it & the boat has Queen in the name.

We also took the always fun Duck Tour in Miami before which includes a road portion and a harbor portion also.

Edited by silvercrikhix