Hotel in FLL

Jackie55

Any suggestions on a hotel to stay at the day before we disembark?

You mean "embark". Hopefully you will be sleeping in your cabin the day before your disembark.

The Hilton Fort lauderdale Marina is close to the port, water taxi, walking distance to shopping and food AND as of my last stay a couple of years ago they did have a free shuttle to their sister property Hilton Bahia Mar right on the beach.

There are really tons of hotels on the beach, google map Fort Lauderdale Beach, search hotels and have your pick.

We booked embassy suites because we have Hilton points. However, we weren't able to use points as it wasn't available at the time we booked in February. If you want embassy suites, BOOK EARLY. We leave in December, booked February 15, and rest of the group were not able to book as it was sold out. They are staying at double tree instead, the one mentioned above. Two years ago we stayed at a Hilton garden inn and it was terrible. Small breakfast area, only one elevator worked, rooms weren't too bad....stick with 17th street area too because close to port and lots of places to eat.

Hi,

I prefer the hotels on st route 84. There is a candlewood suites, a holiday inn express and I think a Hampton inn.

Across the street there is a grocery store and a bar and grill across the street that we always eat at....

The price is good, it's just a few from the port. BUT... no immediate beach access

I've stayed in the Westin Beach Resort, and that was nice. Literally across the road from the beach (they have a walkway from the first floor so you don't even have to deal with traffic. The restaurant was nice (Shula's), and there's a starbucks on site, open from really early.

Hi,

I prefer the hotels on st route 84. There is a candlewood suites, a holiday inn express and I think a Hampton inn.

Across the street there is a grocery store and a bar and grill across the street that we always eat at....

The price is good, it's just a few from the port. BUT... no immediate beach access

God no. It's a sketchy, crap area.

All the above mentioned are great.

I second the Doubletree Gallery One.

I'd also add:

Courtyard Marriott FLL Beach

The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas

The Pillars

• 1 month later...
We've decided on the Lago Mar and it sounds fantastic. The only draw back is that we have to take a cab to get anywhere but it is vacation right. Thank you all

You are going to LOVE this resort!!

You can walk to restaurants and stuff depending upon the time of year and the shape you are in.

If you are in decent shape and it is during the winter, I would not hesitate to walk. Take a cab back though because it gets dark back in Habor Beach.

Thank you blueHerons. We will arrive in September of 2016. Two days before we cruise so we're going to enjoy Ft Lauderdale while we can.

We are cooling off a couple of degrees now but keep in mind September is still our summer. Daily highs are still in the upper 80s.