After Final Payment notification

kruisey

Hi All

I take a different view, CD has a job to do, they are there to entertain me,

and my fellow passengers if they are failing to do so, then just go and speak to them.

On one cruise l had a look at what was being shown on MUTs and found the

selection was poor just was not a mix, so asked what films can they show,

I was told the list and asked if one could be shown that I wanted to see, no

problem was the reply it was added to the play list. Same with games did not

see one that I liked, different cruise same reply no problem will add to events.

CDs overall are a very friendly bunch and are happy to chat to passengers and

where they can will accommodate requests.

yours Shogun

Naming the CD for your cruise.

I personally would like that name before final payment if i am going to be on a long cruise with many sea days.

Have been on a cruises like that were I have not enjoyed their itineraries.

:

To me, the CD is just a faceless voice on the PA system or a guy who spends a few minutes telling bad jokes and introducing the nightly act at the theater.

Also, what does the CD have to do with the itinerary? That is set before the cruise is even announced.

DON

I check the list here on Cruise Critic. It's not always 100 percent accurate way in advance. Once we even had the email a few weeks before our cruise letting us know who the CD was going to be only to find out after boarding that we were stuck with our least favorite CD. He was staying on an extra week to schmooze with some Carnival higher-ups. The guy who was supposed to be the CD for that cruise was on the ship but just not in charge.

And, ironically, I'm starting to look at cruises for December. According to the CD list here, my least favorite CD is scheduled to be on one of the cruises I'm considering. When it comes down to making a decision, that won't really be a factor. We can have a good time even with him in charge.

I cruise for the itinerary/ship/relaxation/cabin/food/entertainment. Not necessarily in that order.

Sometimes I get lucky and there's a very congenial staff onboard and the mix of passengers and staff can make a particular cruise extra special and sometimes the mix is not so good!

I'm a grown-up and have learned to entertain myself while on vacation. I don't leave it up to others to make or break my good time.

I enter the cruise terminal with an inordinate amount of "high-hopes" that this particular cruise will be one of my best.

Can I have a list of the guest entertainers and the dates they will be on board before final payment?

Oui, Monsieur Corfe,

We at Princess anxiously await your list of requests. We are most anxious to please you and shall make certain that each one of your personal choices will be onboard for you.

Princess Special-requests Department

I think we can all agree that what's important to someone, may not be important to someone else.

I've never let a Cruise Director influence my choice of cruise, to others it's important and I respect that distinction.

One detail however, and that's publicly naming/shaming an employee I might not care for. If I don't care for their personality, the last thing I would do would be to slam them on a public forum. To me, that's just not called for. Should Princess be reading the thread it may well impact their performance rating, hopefully it wouldn't but who knows ?

None of us can be everything to everybody, but is it too much to ask to treat people with the dignity and respect that we would expect ?