Who is the current concierge on the Dawn?

KateQ22003

Really? You couldn't just answer the question or skip this thread? I searched that thread you posted, all umpteen pages, and couldn't find an answer; that's why I posted the question.

Thank you, I've been asking on other Dawn threads, trying to find out myself. Hopefully "we'll" get an answer :)

I'd been searching everywhere yesterday, and just came across a July review that said it's Karabi. I've never sailed with him before, have you?

I saw that someone else is coming in October, so I'm pretty sure he'll still be on.

Karabi is a she. Was not impressed.

We had Karabi last year; she was ok but not overly impressive. I found that Virginia before her was much more proactive and was able to make things happen. Virginia was also more "visible". I don't remember seeing much of Karabi unless we sought her out.

Yes, it is Karabi. We just got off of the Dawn this past Friday (the 21st). I think I saw her one time the entire week (maybe twice).

And truthfully, I didn't catch her name when she was in our room but I do remember seeing her business card on the desk.

I'd been searching everywhere yesterday, and just came across a July review that said it's Karabi. I've never sailed with him before, have you?

I saw that someone else is coming in October, so I'm pretty sure he'll still be on.

Karabi is female. She has no competition for bottom place on my list of concieges.

Karabi :

Was the Concierge on the NCL DAWN sailing Jan 2015 Western Caribbean.

Rather surprised that the previous posters found her of such low level !

She took care of my needs and assisted with the Meet & Greet activities I coordinated/hosted.

Was around when needed but not overly in the way.

Had a wet carpet emergency and all details were promptly taken care of

and complimentary Cagney's dinner with wine as compensation for the

trouble.

Had an issue with a wine package purchase - fixed in a snap no more problem !

While not 5 stars - certainly 4 stars and decimal point or two for service.

I can not see how anyone would rate her at the bottom !

She would not be a Concierge for long.

But it is possible that her service did not match another poster's ideal on

any give day or voyage.

Hmm, think you need to form your own opinion based on actual experience. Karabi was fine when we had her as a concierge on the Jade in Europe - very visible and helpful. Virginia was not so helpful when she was our concierge on the Dawn - we never saw her and had a 2 hour wait to disembark in Quebec.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Karabi :

Was the Concierge on the NCL DAWN sailing Jan 2015 Western Caribbean.

Rather surprised that the previous posters found her of such low level !

She took care of my needs and assisted with the Meet & Greet activities I coordinated/hosted.

Was around when needed but not overly in the way.

We had the same experience when Karabi was our concierge on the Jade. She was there when we needed her and got the job done efficiently.

We sailed in January on the Dawn with Karabi and I have to agree with the others that she was very helpful. Always visible in the morning at Breakfast and at lunch as well as throughout the day. And if you couldn't find her when you needed/wanted her, she was always just a phone call away. We had no issues with Karabi at all. In fact we are sailing on the Dawn again in January and am hoping she will still be on board for that cruise as well.

I guess it simply is all a matter of personal preference and expectations but we had a wonderful experience with her. Now our butler on the other hand.....well let's say he was the invisible man but that is a story for another time and thread. ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

We sailed in January on the Dawn with Karabi and I have to agree with the others that she was very helpful. Always visible in the morning at Breakfast and at lunch as well as throughout the day. And if you couldn't find her when you needed/wanted her, she was always just a phone call away. We had no issues with Karabi at all. In fact we are sailing on the Dawn again in January and am hoping she will still be on board for that cruise as well.

I guess it simply is all a matter of personal preference and expectations but we had a wonderful experience with her. Now our butler on the other hand.....well let's say he was the invisible man but that is a story for another time and thread. ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

And the Butler issue would be Karabi's issue. The butlers are supervised by the Concierge and if not satisfactory should be taken care of by them. Karabi is not one of our favorites, but she is passable. Virginia is a little better. John D'Souza sets the bar for Concierges!!

• 2 weeks later...

Karabi was our concierge on the Dawn in July. Having nothing to compare her to I thought she was very good. I saw her daily, normally up in Cagney's or at an event during the day. She was able to rearrange a few dinners for me and even helped my parents out when they weren't with us. Not sure what people are expecting of their concierges that you didn't find her up to par.

And the Butler issue would be Karabi's issue. The butlers are supervised by the Concierge and if not satisfactory should be taken care of by them. Karabi is not one of our favorites, but she is passable. Virginia is a little better. John D'Souza sets the bar for Concierges!!

We have had all three and no major issues with any....

Got to know both Karabi (this past January) and Virginia (May, 2013). Really didn't interact too much with John D'Souza.

Hoping for either Karabi or Virginia on the Dawn this November.

How true you are about John D'Souza, he is fantastic.

John D'Souza, Virginia and Florentina are at the top of our list of the concierges. All three are great. But Karabi is at the absolute bottom of the list. The only time you would see her was if you either went into the lounge at breakfast time or was at one of the parties where she was a hostess. She did the absolute minimum required. My wife got a sliver that was an inch long in her foot from wood on the balcony. When we got no answer on the phone for the medical office, we called Karabi to see what we should do. Her reply was we should just go down to the Medical office. we expected that she was locating the Doctor. My wife, painfully, walked to the medical office where the door was locked. After waiting some time, a crew member walking by, asked what the problem was, got on the phone, and had a Doctor there immediately.

We had Karabi last year; she was ok but not overly impressive. I found that Virginia before her was much more proactive and was able to make things happen. Virginia was also more "visible". I don't remember seeing much of Karabi unless we sought her out.

I agree that Karabie was not very impressive as a consierge.She did only what was asked and did not go above and beyond as compared to service I received from all of the others I have experienced on

the

Star and the Spirit. I don't like to be criticlal as she did do her job.

Just off the August 21st Dawn sailing and yes, Karabi was our concierge. We Love her and this was our second time we had her. Sorry to hear that others were not happy with her and quite surprised, but I can say is that she has gone above and beyond for us (family of 5 this cruise) (family of 8 last cruise).

She never said "no" to us no matter what we wanted or needed and we saw her quite a bit during each day/evening as well as phone communication.

We have had a number of good to great concierges over the 10+ NCL cruise that we have been on and she is our fave with Adrian coming in a very close second. (We had him twice as well)

On a side note: Although we thought Virginia was a nice person, she was rarely around and didn't even compare to Karabi or Adrian.