EURODAM 4071 - HAL changed our cabin without notice

luv2cruisenz

Hi, we had booked our inside cabin on the EURODAM a year ago on deck 8, Navigation deck, as we had read it should be a large inside. We are sailing in a few days and HAL have just changed our cabin to 4071.

I don't know why they would move us but am more concerned if this change is OK. We are always cautious about being next to a noisy, vibrating area on the ship so have booked a room for many years knowing we wouldn't get moved.

Does anyone know if 4071 is OK?

Would appreciate any info.

Thanks.

You went from an inside room to an oceanview with a partial obstruction. Congrats on your upgrade. I'm sure you'll enjoy the natural light coming into your room.

(If you are unfamiliar, HAL will mark you for a complimentary upgrade (inside to any degree of oceanview is an upgrade) unless you specifically tell them not to touch your assignment in any way and you don't want to be considered)

In Eurodam 4094 we had some late noise (music coming up the stairwell from the Ocean Bar) but you are above a shopping arcade and far enough from the stairs that I don't think you'll hear the music/noise. Nice upgrade IMO! :)

HAL considers this an upgrade (not sure that I would), so unless you had your booking marked "Do not upgrade" they were within their rights to move you. (Technically, they are within their rights to move you even if you HAD marked your booking not to :().

However, if you did have your booking so marked, and want your original cabin back, you could ask your TA, or HAL directly if you booked through them, to put you back where you want to be.

If they say that cabin has been given to someone else, tell them to put those people in the new obstructed outside cabin and put you back.

I seem to remember, on another thread about these rooms that they were a good spot to be, if they were the same price as an inside. Good light, etc., and full length windows.

Someone else mentioned, I think, that the full length curtains didn't always meet completely, so the room didn't get dark enough, and light came in early. Perhaps it would be a good idea to take a few clips to keep the curtains closed, if you do take the room. We have also, on occasion used the hangers with the clips for pants to keep the curtains closed!:)

We do like the Eurodam, and I have wondered about these rooms.

I would take the OV 4071 cabin upgrade. We have booked a lot of OV cabins on Vista class ships and love the light from the full floor to ceiling windows. We have been on the Eurodam and booked a OV cabin but got upgraded to a balcony cabin. You should love the Eurodam, on our Baltic cruise it was a good ship . We have never experienced any unwanted noise from any of the OV cabins we have been in.

Cabin 4071 has shops below it and cabins above it. There should be no noise from this location..

Hi, we had booked our inside cabin on the EURODAM a year ago on deck 8, Navigation deck, as we had read it should be a large inside. We are sailing in a few days and HAL have just changed our cabin to 4071.

I don't know why they would move us but am more concerned if this change is OK. We are always cautious about being next to a noisy, vibrating area on the ship so have booked a room for many years knowing we wouldn't get moved.

Does anyone know if 4071 is OK?

Would appreciate any info.

Thanks.

Hi Fiona,

I am assuming that you booked with a travel agent here in NZ. When your agent has made the booking with Francis Marketing in Auckland they have failed to tell the person to mark your reservation as 'no upgrade'.

Enjoy all that extra daylight in your room, and have a fabulous cruise.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it. I won't worry now 😄

I was just surprised as I thought if you booked a specific cabin number then you are not moved but now I know better ! We used to do guarantees but changed to booking a specific room. Any day cruising is better than being at work !

Thanks again .