Requesting copy of guest invoice

mafig

What will the guest invoice copy show?

Will it show ta's obc?

Yes, you can go down to Guest Relations and request a copy of your invoice. But, what you might find easier is accessing your ship-board account on the TV in your room. We do that, every day -- to keep track of our charges. Before we leave the ship, we always make sure to get a copy of our final account statement, in writing. Some ships still deliver them to your room on the last night, or early on disembarkation morning. If you don't receive one, call Guest Relations.

And, to the second part of your question: the answer is "yes" -- all of your OBC will show up on your account. However, it usually takes a day or so to appear -- so, don't panic if it's not there, the first time you check your account.

What will the guest invoice copy show?

Will it show ta's obc?

If you are referring to a copy of your guest invoice before you sail then no, TA provided OBC will not be on there. Only Celebrity provided OBC shows up on this invoice. As a previous poster wrote that OBC from your TA should appear a day or two after you sail.

We have always gotten all of our OBC for our various cruises no matter where the OBC came from so enjoy that next cruise.

:):):)

We have always gotten all of our OBC for our various cruises no matter where the OBC came from so enjoy that next cruise.

:):):)

We have not been so fortunate. Twice we did not receive the TAs obc. So I want to be armed with all the documentation I can.;)

Thank you.:)

Sorry I wasn't clear, but I meant requesting a copy before the cruise (from the travel agent).

Thanks for setting me straight -- it's a good question. :)

We always make sure that our cruise-line OBC shows up on their Guest Relations Copy (or invoice) -- but, I wouldn't imagine that other OBC would. I would take any paperwork given to you by your TA, that shows the amount of OBC that you received from them. I would also make sure that I had a way of getting in touch with my TA mid-cruise, if the OBC didn't show up on my onboard account. :cool:

I do get a copy of guest invoice when I've used TA and it did have all OBC from Celebrity and TA

On one sailing the TA OBC did not show up on our account and Celebrity guest services made a call with our copy of the TA invoice and straightened it out for us

OP, you should make sure you have this in writing in case of a mistake

Happy sailing

As others have posted, the OBC from the T.A. usually won't show on your Celebrity invoice. It should be shown if your T.A. provides an in house invoice along with a Celebrity invoice.

Usually that OBC is posted to our ship account within a couple of days. But last cruise the OBC promised by our T.A. hadn't shown up by the end of Day 2 so I eMailed the T.A. from the ship, and they advised that an error had occurred, they would fix it, and sure enough the next day all was good.

I've spoken to people who have tried to have missing T.A. OBC resolved at the Customer Service Desk while onboard, and their success rate is not high. It makes sense to me that Celebrity can't often help unless the OBC is a Celebrity credit, as if from a T.A. they really don't know where to start.

From our experience we've only had to track down missing T.A. OBC once so it's more often than not credited correctly, but to make sure if there is a problem I'll always take all my paperwork.

Edited by WpgCruise

I am booked on a cruise in December through a TA and when I asked for a Celebrity invoice she asked why I wanted it. I booked with the 123Go promotion and on the TA invoice it shows everything but should I have it from Celebrity?

A copy of the Celebrity invoice is critical and I always make sure to get one, and after any changes I get another one. The 123Go promotion details are recorded there.

The reason is that if something goes wrong, it's the Celebrity invoice Celebrity works with. They could not really care less what the T.A. promises, it's the Celebrity invoice upon which they have to deliver.

I've spoken to people who have tried to have missing T.A. OBC resolved at the Customer Service Desk while onboard, and their success rate is not high. It makes sense to me that Celebrity can't often help unless the OBC is a Celebrity credit, as if from a T.A. they really don't know where to start.

Actually one of the times it did not show up was on a Celebrity cruise and, I have to say, the Guest Relations person was very helpful and did get it resolved.

The other time it was a Princess cruise and they were NOT so helpful.

I also was told my Celebrity OBC would take a couple of days to appear. At the 6th day, I went down to Guest Relations and they said there was no record of it. Luckily, I had my Celebrity invoice and after a couple of phone calls, I was given the credit. Make sure you bring your final invoice from Celebrity.

I am booked on a cruise in December through a TA and when I asked for a Celebrity invoice she asked why I wanted it. I booked with the 123Go promotion and on the TA invoice it shows everything but should I have it from Celebrity?

We have worked with 2 travel agencies. Both automatically provided a TA Invoice with payments made and due dates and the Celebrity Guest Invoice with a detailed break down of costs and Promotions. Neither include TA OBC.

Interesting to hear yet again of "TA provided OBC". Having read of this on many posting on CC, I asked my own TA If there was any OBC she could offer us on our not too cheap trip and her reply was that she'd never heard of such a thing and in any case there was no facility for her to access our celebrity account to apply any such discount. Perhaps this is not done in the UK? Anyone else in UK managed to wangle some OBC from their TA?

Interesting to hear yet again of "TA provided OBC". Having read of this on many posting on CC, I asked my own TA If there was any OBC she could offer us on our not too cheap trip and her reply was that she'd never heard of such a thing and in any case there was no facility for her to access our celebrity account to apply any such discount. Perhaps this is not done in the UK? Anyone else in UK managed to wangle some OBC from their TA?

TA buys the OBC as if they were buying any other Bon Voyage gift in some cases. If they have a group booking, one of the included perks may be OBC and people think it is from the TA, but is actually from the cruise line.

TA buys the OBC as if they were buying any other Bon Voyage gift in some cases. If they have a group booking, one of the included perks may be OBC and people think it is from the TA, but is actually from the cruise line.

Thanks for the reply. I think that if we cruise again, we will shop around the TAs and try to play them off each other!

Edited by waverleycruiser

This is a very interesting comment. For a recent cruise, I received the TA copy of the invoice by mistake. TA's could not possibly be giving OBC some posters claim without cruise line participation. The agency would be out of business. I can't wait to see comments on this information.

Do any of the promotions show up online under My Account on the Celebrity site? I have only seen the drink package on there?

Yes, they all do. On ours, I see the beverage packages, free gratuities and the total amount of the OBC.

Yes, they all do. On ours, I see the beverage packages, free gratuities and the total amount of the OBC.

Where do you find them? I just checked again and all that shows is Beverage Package - Wave Prom Classic package under Order history. Are the other items under Order History on yours?

This is a very interesting comment. For a recent cruise, I received the TA copy of the invoice by mistake. TA's could not possibly be giving OBC some posters claim without cruise line participation. The agency would be out of business. I can't wait to see comments on this information.

Deleted due to hijacking by predictive text. Grrrr!

Edited by waverleycruiser
duplicate post

That ties in with what my TA told me - that some TAs may advertise OBC as if it were being supplied by them but it was in fact a cruise line offer. Perhaps some TAs are better negotiators with Celebrity?

Seems its pretty common in the USA not so common elsewhere.