Carnival survey re: ports of call

jazm2011

Did anyone else receive this survey? I just completed it. It had a large list of ports of call and for each it wanted to know if I had heard of it and been there, heard of it and not been there, never heard of it. Then it asked my interest in visiting: highly, slightly, not at all (or maybe there were 4 options, but you get the drift).

Then it went on to ask if I could pick only 5 to visit, which would they be. Then for each it asked a series of questions about it.

Then finally, it asked which ports I'd be interested in an overnight stop (and it had the entire list to choose from).

In closing it asked how many cruises I'd been on, which lines, age, income.

I kind of like that I was asked. :)

Edited by jazm2011

Did anyone else receive this survey? I just completed it. It had a large list of ports of call and for each it wanted to know if I had heard of it and been there, heard of it and not been there, never heard of it. Then it asked my interest in visiting: highly, slightly, not at all (or maybe there were 4 options, but you get the drift).

Then it went on to ask if I could pick only 5 to visit, which would they be. Then for each it asked a series of questions about it.

Then finally, it asked which ports I'd be interested in an overnight stop (and it had the entire list to choose from).

In closing it asked how many cruises I'd been on, which lines, age, income.

I kind of like that I was asked. :)

Did the survey come to you in the mail or was it e-mailed to you? I haven't rec'd one.

Yep, just got one today. Already completed it as well. The ports they listed that are currently not an option now would be a wonderful addition. (of course they couldn't add all of them but just adding a few would push me to book a cruise since I've been to most ports they sail to now)

Yep, just got one today. Already completed it as well. The ports they listed that are currently not an option now would be a wonderful addition. (of course they couldn't add all of them but just adding a few would push me to book a cruise since I've been to most ports they sail to now)

When I reflected back on all the ports I'd been to, I actually surprised myself!! I'm definitely all about the ports. So adding new ones to the mix would definitely entice me.

And I definitely took advantage of noting several comments about Panama Canal being on my bucket list lol.

I got the survey and completed as well.

I really want to do a Panama Canal cruise however it seems they are always during the school year so until my last one is in college or does not want to travel with the family I will have to wait.

The only ports I would be interested in an overnighter would be a port that you can visit at night and where the shops and bars are open. A lot of ports pull in the carpet as soon as the cruise ships depart. Who wants to sit on the ship at night when you could be enjoying a port.

Two Ports I can think of that we have enjoyed in the evening are Key West and Curacao.

I picked Bermuda, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, Nassau (for greater access to Atlantis) and St. Lucia for overnights. I love this idea and hope to see more overnights soon. We got a beachfront hotel in Maui and stayed the night for our 25th- it was one of our better "excursions'!

Someone want to share the details? What new ports are they considering?

Panama and Costa Rica were two that were listed, although I know they have done cruises to them in the past, just nothing on a regular basis. They also listed two in Colombia - Cartegena and can't remember the other one.

The only ports I would be interested in an overnighter would be a port that you can visit at night and where the shops and bars are open

Exactly - would love an overnighter in Key West. People who have never been don't know what they are missing. The sunset celebration and then Duval Street is a trip at night. :D

Panama and Costa Rica were two that were listed, although I know they have done cruises to them in the past, just nothing on a regular basis. They also listed two in Colombia - Cartegena and can't remember the other one.

I think the other one was Santa Marta

Exactly - would love an overnighter in Key West. People who have never been don't know what they are missing. The sunset celebration and then Duval Street is a trip at night. :D

I believe Key West has a ban in place that prevents ships from remaining in port overnight. They don't want the ships blocking that sunset.