Cabin Bed Question

KBCruiseLover

Taking a cruise on Elation in January with three adults in the cabin. It is designed for five. I booked this particular one because there is a very good chance one more person will decide to go, too.

The description says two twins or one king, two drop-downs and a trundle (if there is a fifth person). Since we are all 60 or older, is it possible that they will let us use the trundle for person #3 instead of having to use a drop-down?

It's possible, but not guaranteed. My friend's mother, on our first cruise, used the upper the first night, but she couldn't handle it. So we requested a rollaway, and since one was available, they brought it, and the upper was put back up against the wall. But I'm not sure if you would have enough floor space to do this for 4.

If it is a pull out trundle, it will be stored under one of the twin beds - it fills the space between the two twin beds or against the wall if the twins are set up as a king - it is lower to the floor than the other beds and may be difficult to get out of without help. My kids use one of these cabins because they have three kids and one sleeps on the trundle.

They don't care who uses which bed! But....there is always a possibility that you cannot add anyone to your cabin...even if it sleep more.

There are MANY more "berths/beds" than they allow to be filled. It's all about the lifeboat capacity. Don't count on being able to add anyone to your cabin.

put one bed under the window, one on the wall where the head is next to the bath room wall, and the trundle on the opposite wall. at least this way you will have some space to move around. The Elation still has that silly box in the corner where the life vests are kept. and that really ruins the size of the room-your better bet is to book two cabins, and have two adults in each cabin, but if you are really just three, that is the way I would set up the beds.

I have the same problem with a French door cabin on my upcoming legend cruise. we are all in our 60's, one with a bad hip, me with a bad back, and one tall traveler. not so sure that the person with the bed by the window will be very happy with that arrangement, they may want more blankets, but I get the sofa, since I am the shortest (and sleep in a ball) and the other bed will go along the same wall as the sofa.

good luck!

We are also 3 senior ladies going on Elation in January. We have the same problem with the upper bunks. We can't climb into an upper so we booked an inside cabin on Upper deck because it said a trundle would be provided if a third person booked into this cabin.

Now counting the days!

My spouse and I booked a 1A Interior Upper/Lower with port holes on the Freedom. The room has one twin bed, a pull down bed and a couch. After trying to sleep on the pull down bed the first night, I decided for the rest of the cruise to sleep on the couch which was more comfortable...I just used the bedding from the pull down to make up the couch. If your cabin has a couch, I would recommend using it as the third bed. It is almost the same height as the bed and would be much easier to get up from. Have a great cruise!