Why do so many focus on Vision for Trans-Atts

umanemo

Interesting watching the various Cruise fare Bourse's (such a word?) to see that over the past 8 years there has been great attention to the Vision of the Seas for her Trans Atlantic passages. Even this year up against such giants as the Allure, Escape and Constellation she has held her ground! Anyone have an explanation for this phenom?

BTW, I'm "onboard" with the in-crowd this time with this fall's T.A.

Edited by umanemo
Sp.

I apologize for not quite understanding the question. A bourse is usually a stock exchange so I'm not sure what you're referring to - the websites that monitor prices of cruises? In my experience, those sites don't pay any additional attention to one ship over another; they monitor them all. Or are you referring to the Vision's transatlantic cruises selling well, or having higher prices? I'm happy to try to answer the question, if I could just understand it.

Looking at the two TA's for Vision on RCCL's web site, I'd say it's the itineraries. Most of us who take TA's like a variety of ports.

The best I ever took was on the Splendour, I think, and it included a full Caribbean cruise plus Spanish ports. Great cruise!

We took the Vision TA this past April from Tampa to Barcelona and it was the best cruise we have ever had thanks to the wonderful Captain Lis and her outstanding crew! There were lots of fun activities every day and Captain Lis made us all feel very much at home. I've never seen a better and more personable captain.

We took the Vision TA this past April from Tampa to Barcelona and it was the best cruise we have ever had thanks to the wonderful Captain Lis and her outstanding crew! There were lots of fun activities every day and Captain Lis made us all feel very much at home. I've never seen a better and more personable captain.

We were also on this cruise and to back this up the cruise director was fantastic too, he put on lots of extra activities and seemed to be everywhere on the ship, we've done a few TA's on the big ships and was not sure before we got onboard if it would be too small but we did not even notice a difference.

In the past 8 years there has been great attention to the Vision of the Seas for her Trans Atlantic passages.

Even this year up against such giants as the Allure, Escape and Constellation she has held her ground!

BTW, I'm "onboard" with the in-crowd this time with this fall's T.A.

Vision's 14 night transatlantic in April is only $599pp and you can get $325 OBC. :eek: :D ;)

With prices like THAT *I* would be "onboard" if I wasn't already booked on Explorer! :cool:

Vision's 14 night transatlantic in April is only $599pp and you can get $325 OBC. :eek: :D ;)

With prices like THAT *I* would be "onboard" if I wasn't already booked on Explorer! :cool:

We did the re-positioning cruise on Vision plus a 5 day prior to the repo last November. We enjoyed the crew and the ship has been refurbished to add the specialty dining venues. Captain Lis was very involved with the passengers and that was a big plus as well. We switched from a T/A on Indy to Vision because of a radical price reduction. Initially Vision was more expensive but all of a sudden it was several hundred dollars less and with a much better itinerary.

While the pricing is really great n this cruise, I does not work exactly like that. The $599 is the base fare for an interior guarantee and does not include taxes and fees. The OBC varies by stateroom class and C&A level. An interior guarantee for that price does not get $325.

I love "classic" cruise ships and am not a fan of the larger "mall at sea" RCI ships. After sailing mostly Celebrity, we recently enjoyed a Bermuda cruise on sister ship Grandeur and would not hesitate a cruise on Vision. Beautiful ship. Well laid out. Great staff.

And for those of status, Diamond Lounge was wonderfully located in back of ship with excellent aft views...beats looking out over a "mall at sea" any day!;)

While the pricing is really great n this cruise, I does not work exactly like that. The $599 is the base fare for an interior guarantee and does not include taxes and fees. The OBC varies by stateroom class and C&A level. An interior guarantee for that price does not get $325.

You are correct in that the base fare of $599pp does not include $85pp in taxes & fees, (they really SHOULD include it, but it must look/sound better in the small print) but it is the same on both the RCCL website and the online site I use most often.

That online site IS offering $100 OBC on inside cabins that CAN be combined with an additional $250 shareholder benefit. ;)

Edited by teecee60