Forward or Aft

chrislo

We are booking on the Splendor for Nov 22. We have only a few choices for balcony cabins that accomodate 3 of us.

Deck 6 aft 6463 which is near the piano bar but not over it.

Deck 6 forward which is over the theater

Deck 7 fwd 7211. I know this only has cabins above and below but it is really far forward.

Any recomendations?

Thanks

We are booking on the Splendor for Nov 22. We have only a few choices for balcony cabins that accomodate 3 of us.

Deck 6 aft 6463 which is near the piano bar but not over it.

Deck 6 forward which is over the theater

Deck 7 fwd 7211. I know this only has cabins above and below but it is really far forward.

Any recomendations?

Thanks

I would base the choice (in part) on where you will most likely be spending the majority of time on the ship. If you'll be spending most of your time on the Lido deck, then take 6463. Although it's near the piano bar, it won't be as noisy as a cabin near a lounge that plays loud dance music. Second choice would be a coin toss between the other two you've mentioned.

Go aft! 6463 is over a service area of the El Morocco lounge. Would not do 7211. I had 7203 and it was not gentle motion...Felt more like we were hitting every pothole. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I would take a cabin on the Empress deck 7 for certain rather than deck 6, HOWEVER, cabin 7211 is a connecting stateroom. It connects to cabin 7207...

Having said that, I much rather have forward cabin movement than aft vibrations.

;)

Edited by ObstructedView2

We had a very far foward cabin on Splendor deck 9 and the motion definitely affected me. I didn't mind the forward location, but next time I would pick a cabin beginning of forward closest to midship or midship. If motion doesn't bother you, go for the deck 7 forward. If it does, I would go for the one near the piano bar and stay away from the one over the theater.

Keep in mind that when the ships pitched, the forward end and the aft end will pitch just as a see-saw does. Stabilizers only affect the roll of the ship, not the pitching. The higher you are in the ship, the more you will feel the motion.

If anyone in your party has motion sickness, stay away from either location.

I always go aft of the ship as close to the elevators as possible. Very convenient to buffet and dining room. Mid ship is ok, but I don't like the forward area due to the additional walking.

I had the pleasure of cruising on Splendor last Nov and had a great time. Awesome ship, and I had an aft balcony. Great.

Edited by Jay Sam
addition