Cagney's Breakfast and Lunch Question

wndmom

Right now, our plan is to stay in a suite for our next cruise on the Jade. We may have family with us who are not in a suite. I read on an older thread that people could pay $99 to eat with friends in Cagneys for the entire cruise. Is this still an option?

Not true. I have traveled with family that were not in a suite when I was. We either ate breakfast and lunch with them in the main dining room or we met up with them after meals... it was easy.

This suite perk can not be purchased on the Jade.

Edited by DMH15

Right now, our plan is to stay in a suite for our next cruise on the Jade. We may have family with us who are not in a suite. I read on an older thread that people could pay $99 to eat with friends in Cagneys for the entire cruise. Is this still an option?

No... and never has been.

The suite breakfast/lunch venue (commonly referred to as Cagney's or Moderno or Haven Restaurant) is for suite guests only.

You are, of course, free to dine with friends and family who are not in a suite at any of the other dining options on the ship.

The $99 thing you saw was a VERY short lived attempt by NCL to sell the suite perks to other passengers in limited quantity for $99. Loosely speaking, they wanted to treat the suite perks like a Vibe pass. It was met with much resistance. It lasted about a week as I recall. Any of the VIP99 packages that were sold were probably refunded and never honored. The mere mention of this will probably rekindle the debate...

Edited by triptolemus

Just thought it would be great if I could make it work, but it's not really that big of a deal to us to eat all our meals at Cagneys.

So is the only difference between haven and regular suite the use of the private courtyard? I'm not sure that is worth an extra $1000. I'll have to think on this.

Edited by wndmom

Doesn't or didn't those that are top tier of CAS get this perk.

Also, on some cruises if one asks the Concierge if their family can eat a meal or two with them, it has been granted. On my last cruise, I went up for breakfast and was talking to a delightful lady who was so excited because she got to eat there with her son and daughter in-law who were in a suite.

No... and never has been.

The suite breakfast/lunch venue (commonly referred to as Cagney's or Moderno or Haven Restaurant) is for suite guests only.

You are, of course, free to dine with friends and family who are not in a suite at any of the other dining options on the ship.

The $99 thing you saw was a VERY short lived attempt by NCL to sell the suite perks to other passengers in limited quantity for $99. Loosely speaking, they wanted to treat the suite perks like a Vibe pass. It was met with much resistance. It lasted about a week as I recall. Any of the VIP99 packages that were sold were probably refunded and never honored. The mere mention of this will probably rekindle the debate...

Right, as I was reading the topic my recollection is that it was around for about a week.

Doesn't or didn't those that are top tier of CAS get this perk.

Also, on some cruises if one asks the Concierge if their family can eat a meal or two with them, it has been granted. On my last cruise, I went up for breakfast and was talking to a delightful lady who was so excited because she got to eat there with her son and daughter in-law who were in a suite.

Some ask. Some get a yes. Some get a no. Some would never ask.

...............and some don't ask and bring guests. They are asked to leave. Yes, I witnessed it first-hand. Two were Haven and two were not; all of them were visibly embarrassed. Only two were asked to leave, but they all did. The whole scene made me uncomfortable enough to never ask or do it!

Some ask. Some get a yes. Some get a no. Some would never ask.