A few questions about the Penthouse suites on the Royal

ernieb

I have heard a number of people complain about the mattresses on the Princess ships. We have sailed on HAL for the past few years where the mattresses are wonderful. Do the penthouse suites on the Royal have the same problem mattresses I've seen complained about?

I am considering whether to bring my IPod for music in our suite. Is there a docking station that will allow me to use it?

It is very aggravating that we can not book specialty restaurants and the chef's table on the Princess website. I assume the concierges in the concierge lounge will be able to assist with this as soon as we get aboard. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help.

I have heard a number of people complain about the mattresses on the Princess ships. We have sailed on HAL for the past few years where the mattresses are wonderful. Do the penthouse suites on the Royal have the same problem mattresses I've seen complained about?

I am considering whether to bring my IPod for music in our suite. Is there a docking station that will allow me to use it?

It is very aggravating that we can not book specialty restaurants and the chef's table on the Princess website. I assume the concierges in the concierge lounge will be able to assist with this as soon as we get aboard. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help.

I am glad the booking are not available pre cruise. It would be next to impossible to get one. :( IMO.

I hope they keep it that way.

There may not be anyone in the lounge yet upon boarding as most staff are assisting with embarkation duties. It would be best to head to the passenger services desk to make your requests.

We've sailed in PH suites on both the Royal and Regal...

The mattress have been fine. They're not hard as we have experienced in the past on other ships. I believe Princess has or is in the process of upgrading bedding on all ships.

There are no docking stations in the PH suites. We bring a bluetooth capable speaker to use with our iOS devices.

The system Princess has in place for booking dining reservations works fine. There has always been a concierge in the lounge to assist with dinner bookings upon embarkation.

Lew