Which would you pick and why- Oasis or Allure?

I was wondering about that, I was so disconnected from the crew/staff on the Allure and went on the Oasis and I felt like it was home., can't say enough about the people at the starbucks, they were so friendly as so were everyone else

Interesting observation. We've been on the Oasis twice and will be on the Allure in November. Now I'll be comparing the two crews. Perhaps it depends upon how the Captain and officers run the ships.

If flying is necessary, I most likely would base my decision on price and schedule to fly to Ft. Lauderdale or to Orlando.

Assuming OP isn't booking until after Oasis moves to Port Canaveral, then it's more than just the flight costs to compare. Also keep in mind that it's a much longer and pricier proposition to get to Port Canaveral from Orlando compared to the quick cab ride from a Ft. Lauderdale hotel to Port Everglades.

I know this sounds silly ... but, if you really are struggling to decide on which ship to book, consider which Broadway show you would prefer to see - Oasis has Cats and Allure has Mamma Mia.

I have sailed on both Oasis and Allure and loved them both. Fantastic ships. Definitely have the wow factor.

Good luck deciding.

Interesting observation. We've been on the Oasis twice and will be on the Allure in November. Now I'll be comparing the two crews. Perhaps it depends upon how the Captain and officers run the ships.

Please come back and let us know how you felt about the two, b/c my daughter missed our last Oasis trip and she wants to take a friend w/ us and I want the Allure b/c of Mamma Mia, kids want Oasis (only b/c she missed the Oasis, she's been on the Allure), but I loved Oasis, it did need updated w/ carpet, etc., I think they've done that, someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Also, Johnny Rhodes was our C.D and I think he went elsewhere?

We picked the Allure for match 2016 because the Oasis was chartered for the week, otherwise I liked the itinerary and the Sat to sat dates on the Oasis better and would have gone with it.

Now doing more research I am very happy with the choice because very excited about Mama Mia, the new DreamWorks aqua show, looks like they might still have the How to Train your Dragon ice show, etc.

I am very excited about our trip next March

Edited by cruisecraze96

IMO I would pick Allure hands down! Have seen cats on Broadway and the show isn't good as somebody said "Ugh". So, while I have been on the Allure a few times, I would definately pick the Allure.

We really enjoyed Mama Mia and would definately sit through it again, and will in December. We also saw chicago twice on the Allure and it was Broadway quality.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I am taking my parents on a trip without my husband so the trip is all my decisions. I chose the Allure because that day in May, the travel agency sent out a 10% off of balcony or above and I discovered a wonderful deal with the new "aqua suite" with the 400 sq ft balcony. They enjoy the balconies most of all and people watching 2nd, so we got 11330. If that had not happened, I would have still chosen the Allure for Mamma Mia. I've seen Cats in London and I would never sit through it again without a child that I loved with me. Mamma Mia will be a show I will sit through twice.

I would love to do the Oasis someday, but I doubt if it will happen. We did the Port Canaveral thing with the Freedom before and it is a drag, especially if you did not get to go to Disney World the before or after.

Hello, we are trying to decide between the Oasis or the Allure, we know they are similar, but would you pick one over the other? The trip will be mainly just for the ship, not the ports.

Thanks in advance.

/ I liked the allure better at the time it had captian johnny who took us up to the bridge to see his parrot and allan brooks was great . they also had 2 different ice shows and 2 different aqua theater shows . all in all they just seemed to have it more together than the oasis but I cruised them a year apart