Specialty Restaurant Cancellation Policy

SeasideMemories

Hi all,

I have searched the Celebrity site and Cruise Critic trying to find the answer to my question but have not been successful.

I would like to make a online reservation for Normandie for my Summit cruise in October and in order to keep my trip insurance pre-existing condition waiver I need to insure all of my pre-paid, non-refundable (on departure day) expenses.

I cannot find anywhere where Celebrity lists their cancellation/refund policy for specialty restaurant reservations. Closest I was able to find is that online reservations must be made no closer than 4 days before departure or will need to be made onboard.

Any help as to where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Unless you really want to pre pay or have a very particular date and time - do not make a reservation. You can make it onboard along with a possible discount. They are pricing it so many don't spring for the splurge, you should have no problem getting a reservation on board.

They are pretty lenient.

The 4 days is the cutoff when they send manifest to ship, so thats why that little caveat.

On board it's easy to get reservations. I never bother brebooking or paying for specialties.

Also they are good about refunds once on board for specialties, they honor price drops too if you ask.

If you are unable to sail and have any pre booked dinner reservations, excursions, spa appointments or upgrades to a beverage package it will be refunded by Celebrity, as will be the taxes and port fees. The only non refundable items is the cruise price and insurance if you buy it from Celebrity.

Some have made many bookings and came to recognize they basically take 1 on line reservation per time slot. All others are done on board. SO once 1 7pm slot is booked, that's it.

Knowing the limitations of their billing systems we've all experienced, I can see this being probable!

I'm a bit worried because when I look at times available now I only see 6:30 and then nothing until 9:00 each night. Do they hold back the more desirable times until onboard bookings? Or are these truly the only times still available?

After booking dinners on board over the years, I can tell you (in my

experience anyway) they always have more available times on board

the ship for the different specialty restaurants.

Check with the Maitr'd after you board the ship.

Edited by Lois R