Royals New Pricing Policy

robin13

So my cruise on IOS leaves on 9/13/15 which is in 8 days. I get price alerts from a certain website and was sent one today that said an inside cabin went up to around $1000 a person,. So does Royal really think that someone is going to pay $2000 for a for 2 people to stay in an inside cabin one week before the cruise? According to their website they still have cabins left for all categories except the suites. So what happens to those cabins if they don't sell? I was so hoping on upgrading to a balcony from my inside but not with these prices. I have no problem paying a couple of hundred dollars to upgrade but these prices are ridiculous.

I see the inside cabins going for about $850/pp. That does not seem unreasonable. I don't see any insides for $1000. I never did try to figure out the pricing policy, but if people are willing to pay the prices I guess it works for RCI. $1000 would be a bit steep for me, but some might take it if it suits their needs or their time frame.

Edited by dacsmom

I see the inside cabins going for about $850/pp. That does not seem unreasonable. I don't see any insides for $1000. I never did try to figure out the pricing policy, but if people are willing to pay the prices I guess it works for RCI.

I think with taxes & fees, it probably is "around" $1000/pp.

So my cruise on IOS leaves on 9/13/15 which is in 8 days. I get price alerts from a certain website and was sent one today that said an inside cabin went up to around $1000 a person,. So does Royal really think that someone is going to pay $2000 for a for 2 people to stay in an inside cabin one week before the cruise? According to their website they still have cabins left for all categories except the suites. So what happens to those cabins if they don't sell? I was so hoping on upgrading to a balcony from my inside but not with these prices. I have no problem paying a couple of hundred dollars to upgrade but these prices are ridiculous.

Did you do a mock booking? Looks like there are only a few Staterooms available?

I guess my point is that when I sailed on this same ship in April of 2014 the closer you got to the sailing date the cheaper the prices were. This time the price is just going up instead of going down. And if you are a solo person they want $1800. I guess it is good that when I booked it back in January I only paid $1100 for me in an inside cabin. I was just hoping for a paid upgrade but it looks like that isn't going to be happening.

I know that there are not a lot of cabins left but still you would think that the closer you get to sailing the price would go down and not up. I wonder if the other cruise lines are doing this same thing?

Just checked a popular pricing site and there were insides for sale from July 1 to 14 at $558 and from July 16 to 30 at $580.

Balconies at a seniors rate were $879 from Nov 2014 to Jan 2015.

Lots of times the cheapest price for a cabin is not the week before the cruise.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I think the cruise lines figured out that if they constantly lowered prices on the last few cabins, a percentage of people would simply wait it out. Those same passengers will book in advance if there is no break for waiting. They didn't really lose those people they changed how they book.

In regards to your cruise, look at the market place:

Ft Lauderdale

Conquest - No availability showing

Oasis $1058

Independence $854

Miami

Breeze - No availability showing

Glory - No availability showing

Getaway $639.00

The price seems pretty well placed to me. If someone wants to go, there are not a lot of choices, and Indy is positioned in the middle. To be honest, I'm not sure why Getaway is so low.

As it gets closer, maybe you will be able to get an upgrade.