How is a no show treated on celebrity?

snwbrdgrol76

On the no show, they will keep the cabin fare, but you will be refunded the "Taxes and fees" portion billed, as well as any prepaid items like gratuities and excursions if purchased.

Assuming the cabin has already paid the solo supplement, another option is find someone who wants a free cruise, and let them sign on as second passenger, and be the only one to sail. They'd have to pay taxes up front but those will be refunded for the no show so net nothing.

Edited by cle-guy

I know the cruise lines have hard and fast rules on this, and definitely encourage insurance ( which we always buy on longer, more expensive cruises)...but a few years ago, on Carnival, we were going on a cheapie three day cruise with friends out of LA, didn't buy insurance, no worries. I had had extensive surgery a few weeks before and thought I would be fine to travel. As we got closer to the date, I was not progressing as expected, so was just going to wait and see and be a no show....but about 3 days before the cruise, I knew I wouldn't make it, so called to cancel.

I expected nothing, but they reimbursed me one of the cruise fares, which was very generous of them and very much appreciated. Totally unexpected .

I'm sure every event and line are different, but at least I recovered something and was pleasantly surprised...so you can always call, all they can say is no! Can't hurt, plus they like to know you are not coming and didn't just ,miss the ship.

Good luck to you and your family....

There are no additional charges...the cruise is paid for...you're done! You simply won't get a refund!

Correct and the other person in the cabin will have the cabin all to themselves with no additional fees. They do not pay a solo supplement. We had that happen with Wife's aunt who got sick and was supposed to share cabin with MIL. MIL had cabin to herself.