Police rates

lbfluffy

Does Princess ever offer discounts if you work for the police department?

At one time the OBC was for military and first responders. Then somewhere along the line they changed it. I think it sucks imho. But thank you for your service as well. My hopes are that you are not only a police officer but a vet as well and can get the OBC, every little bit of extra spending money helps :-)

Does Princess ever offer discounts if you work for the police department?

There is no obc for police, just miltary. The only other way I know of to get the credit is to be a Carnival (who own Princess) shareholder. 100 shares gets you the same obc as military.

I don't ever recall this with Princess.

I know its on some other lines.

I agree & have received the military OBC since it was started 5 years ago (heard about it on CC before it was even officially announced as a Veteran's Day promotion) and since its inception have never read anywhere about it applying to police & first responders.

I saw that RCI had an option for a police cruise fare discount however it was minimal & other discounted rates were better. So they had a discount but even if eligible it was useless.

I think that Princess has been very generous to give military veterans OBC & I am very thankful for Princess' generosity. It's possible to get a great cruise fare and to still receive the MOBC which is combinable with other types of OBC unlike on RCI.

I agree & have received the military OBC since it was started 5 years ago (heard about it on CC before it was even officially announced as a Veteran's Day promotion) and since its inception have never read anywhere about it applying to police & first responders.

I saw that RCI had an option for a police cruise fare discount however it was minimal & other discounted rates were better. So they had a discount but even if eligible it was useless.

I think that Princess has been very generous to give military veterans OBC & I am very thankful for Princess' generosity. It's possible to get a great cruise fare and to still receive the MOBC which is combinable with other types of OBC unlike on RCI.

My Police Officer son has cruised on RCI many times - because they had a Police Discount. He lives in Florida, so maybe he can take advantage of a sale and the discount, but RCI is the first place he and his wife look because of that discount. He loves cruising but has never been on Princess.

As for Princess, my Platinum Member widowed mother (dad was retired after 27 years and died, resulting from a VA determined Service outcome), who lives in an Air Force Retirement community, called once to see if their discount is only for the Active/Retired, not the dependent. It is, but the gentleman she talked to at Princess was very nice acknowledging my mothers "Contribution" to our nation. She was so pleased with the respect he gave her on the phone call, everybody at the community heard about.

My point is sometimes a little discount can go a long way in the perception of a company.