Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

Yes, getting tired. It is hot, and there are very few places that are shaded. Plus, besides the intermittent wood benches which are occupied, most people are sitting on the side walk. Carnival is now going around asking people if they swiped their card before they left the ship...which we did not do. The crew member said we should be going back on the ship soon, but when asked, there is no news on whether we will be able to finish the cruise.

We were just planning on playing trivia and having a relaxed day since we have been to St Thomas two times. I am glad I have my medicines with me at least.

I usually have only my sail and sign... I'll find something small to carry ID, cash and a credit card in the future.

Yes, getting tired. It is hot, and there are very few places that are shaded. Plus, besides the intermittent wood benches which are occupied, most people are sitting on the side walk. Carnival is now going around asking people if they swiped their card before they left the ship...which we did not do. The crew member said we should be going back on the ship soon, but when asked, there is no news on whether we will be able to finish the cruise.

I hope you can at least get on board and get some AC soon. It can get mighty hot down there.

I usually have only my sail and sign... I'll find something small to carry ID, cash and a credit card in the future.

My husband has a zippered pocket in his swim wear and I usually wear one of those waterproof ID holders around my neck with a couple of bucks, driver's license, sign & sail card and a credit card...none of which will get damaged even if the case doesn't work and they get wet.

Here'a a link to the case, if it helps http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DKNB6UC/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00LGBJ09E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0S0446C5X2A8PXXDEKTD

JoePeka that link does not show the pics for me.

You may need to refresh that page in your browser - sometimes the image does not load (or only partially loads) - I suppose it's due to it being a satellite link. The images do auto-update every 60 seconds.

Edited by joepeka

The smoke appears to be the normal exhaust. We are supposed to be back on ship at 4:30 and leave for Barbados at 5:00.

is that an announcement they made you will be leaving for barbados at 5?

That would be awesome if thats the case.

Edited by Jeepenfun