Port Everglades ships in port

Bristol5

Went to Port Everglades website but could not find out which ships would be there on a given day in April 2016. The table I found didn't show the ship I will be arriving on, so I must have been on the wrong schedule. Can someone direct me to the correct place to get this information?

The official Port Everglades site only posts ships schedules a week in advance.

To find long term future docking schedules...remember, Google is your friend :D.

But take even what seems to be the most thorough sites with a grain of salt, as they usually post schedules as the cruise lines release them--or prior to release if the contract for dock space is on the public record--but don't bother to keep track of any subsequent deployment changes.

If you look at cruisett.com, then make sure you look at Ft Lauderdale for most of the listings and some get listed under Port Everglades as well.

I see you recently posted in a Serenade of the Seas thread, and I only see it listed in Ft Lauderdale on 2 dates in April, the 8th, and the 18th. That website shows you as the only ship on the 8th, and one other ship, Independence of the Seas, on the 18th.

Edited by DanJ

If you look at cruisett.com, then make sure you look at Ft Lauderdale for most of the listings and some get listed under Port Everglades as well.

I see you recently posted in a Serenade of the Seas thread, and I only see it listed in Ft Lauderdale on 2 dates in April, the 8th, and the 18th. That website shows you as the only ship on the 8th, and one other ship, Independence of the Seas, on the 18th.

Not a big difference, but according to http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-fort-lauderdale-florida.html, HAL's Zuiderdam will also be departing Port Everglades on the 8th and the 18th.

Which is why none of the sites can be taken as gospel lol. Cruisett doesn't list that ship past the 3rd of January.

I just checked Cruisett for 11-1-15 Port Everglades and it only shows Carnival ships for the whole month. We will be on the Caribbean Princess... We'll stop there and debark some passengers but won't take any more on - we'll be there all day. This is a repositioning cruise from Quebec City to Houston.

Edited by Jessejo

from our roll call thread:

The websites I use to check such things show Zuiderdam sailing from and returning to Port Everglades with us. Also, Celebrity Summit is with us in Dominica (and Celebrity's website shows her there that day as well), along with Thomson Celebration (former Noordam) - that's a lot of ships for Dominica! (I believe Jewel of the Seas was scheduled to be with us at St. Kitts but now shows to be in drydock during that time.) Independence of the Seas will join us at Port Everglades when we return on April 18. I hope I got that right as it requires a lot of switching from one webpage to another and gets a bit confusing.

I agree it will be nice to be the only ship for the day at these ports but I too love checking out the other ships.

I used to use cruisecal but I think that requires a subscription now.

I check three websites and also try to verify with the itineraries the cruiseline websites show. The one I like to start with is considered a TA website by the moderators on cc so I can't post the link to that one, but it gives a lot of good information for your itinerary (weather info, maps, as well as other ships (and their capacity) in port). It doesn't show all cruiselines though- such as Disney or Thomson - so I also check cruisetimetables.com and cruisett.com.

I just checked Cruisett for 11-1-15 Port Everglades and it only shows Carnival ships for the whole month. We will be on the Caribbean Princess... We'll stop there and debark some passengers but won't take any more on - we'll be there all day. This is a repositioning cruise from Quebec City to Houston.

Which is why in the earlier post, I said you have to look up both Fort Lauderdale (which has most of the listings) and Port Everglades, which usually only has a couple. Not sure why the site does it that way.

Which is why in the earlier post, I said you have to look up both Fort Lauderdale (which has most of the listings) and Port Everglades, which usually only has a couple. Not sure why the site does it that way.

Thank you. I found what I was looking for. Fort Lauderdale shows 2 ships and Port Everglades shows 1 for that day.