Freestyle Soda on Independence of the Seas

linerode

Best I know, still no Freestyle machines on Indy. I don't know why. Technically, the rules state that NO beverages are permitted to be carried on (other than wine), but they don't always enforce this. You may be better off trying to bring canned soda on board instead of bottles. I've had good luck with bringing a 12pk of cans, but it's been a few years since I last tried.

Edited by Ren1216

• 4 weeks later...

I meant for wine and liquids. At least not that we knew of. I thought it was a metal detector we walked through but they didn't say anything about all our liquids or notice the liquor. When we came back from nassau the souvenir knife I bought didn't even set off the metal detector. We thought that was odd too.

I meant for wine and liquids. At least not that we knew of. I thought it was a metal detector we walked through but they didn't say anything about all our liquids or notice the liquor. When we came back from nassau the souvenir knife I bought didn't even set off the metal detector. We thought that was odd too.

You walk through a metal detector but your bags go through an xray machine at the port, just like they would at an airport. They are able to see if you have wine or other liquids in your bag, it really depends on the port whether they pull you aside and ask you to open the bag. In Port Canaveral, we have never been asked to open a bag, we were asked if the bottles were wine but that was all.

Recently when we sailed from Vancouver, they saw our wine in our bags and sent us to a table after security. The rep there asked us if we had wine and I told her, yes, the two bottles we are allowed per cabin. She said no problem and sent us on our way. Our cruise also had many excursions that went to wineries. We had no issues taking wine onto the ship in San Francisco after spending a day in Somoma. I heard many others complaining about having their wine confiscated. We rented a car for the day and boarded later at night since the ship was overnighting in San Francisco. The others I spoke to who had their wine confiscated boarded earlier in the afternoon. You really never know if you will be stopped or not.

this might be a dumb question, but how is soda served if not in machines? ive only been on one cruise... so on this one u have to go to a bar for soda every time?

Bar, bar server, or restaurant.