Unlimited laundry doesnt include pressing?

retiredkid

But that also happens with my home laundered things (dang that is hard to get the crease right!) and even a former (for that reason former!) dry cleaners. I have also had a button break etc but again that sometimes happens. On another line there was a grease mark on the shoulder of a shirt and it was washed again and delivered with an apology. Stuff happens.

A big warning on cruise ships is that the public iron in the laundry room often has sticky mess on it from passengers who used too hot an iron on too delicate a fabric and then took leave -- next passenger gets nasty gook on their item. Laundry room attendant says they have to replace iron every few days because of passenger "errors". We can't iron stuff right either!:p

What is not included is the pressing of garments that aren't being laundered.

So if you need to send your suit, or other gala night clothes for pressing, that would be an additional charge beyond laundry. But shirts will come back cleaned and pressed, either on hangers, or folded; starched or unstarched, as the case may be.

Yes, of course but that was not the question the op asked.

I think the unlimited laundry with dry-cleaning is only available to Suites and not sure if 4* Mariners also get the dry-cleaning.

That's right.

Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests have included (not free ;) ) laundry, pressing and dry cleaning.

None of the Mariner levels include dry cleaning, just laundry and pressing. I am Five Star and get the dry cleaning only because of being in Suite, not the 5*.

Edited by sail7seas

I did purchase the unlimited laundry and I do have the emailed receipt. Of course, I will pay for our dressier (non-laundered) things to be pressed, if necessary. I agree that it is another case of 'depends who you get on the phone':roll eyes: As always, thanks for the replies, guys.

. AND yes I iron -- a calming and fulfilling chore that brings me secret pleasure and allows my grown daughters a reason to roll their eyes and shake their heads:p

OMG!!! Barbara please send me your address and I'll see to it that you are mailed weeks and weeks of "secret pleasure"! :p:D;)

Barb (formally of St. Marys Co, MD)

When I purchased a 26 day unlimited laundry package from Ship's Services for an October 14th cruise, I was told that it includes washing, drying, and pressing. I had the option of folded or on hangers. I purchased it in advance because it's $7 per day ahead of your cruise and $9 per day purchased onboard.

An extra fee for pressing... that's nuts. Passengers would start smuggling travel irons onboard, which can start fires, or blow circuit breakers. When you call back, ask to speak with a supervisor, and then do it again if you get the same answer. When you do finally get your unlimited laundry package purchased, ask for a receipt to be faxed or e-mailed to you. It really comes in handy when the front desk says "we don't know anything about your laundry package".

I don't see the option to prepurchase on the website.Is that something your TA arranged for you?We had the unlimited on the Zuiderdam transatlantic in March and will be with you on the 10/14 cruise.

We were on a 12 night Europe Nieuw Amsterdam cruise. We had the unlimited pre-purchased laundry package. We received the card in our stateroom. We sent out a bag the first night. Our laundry came back so wrinkled that they looked like they didn't go in a dryer. I had the confirmed laundry package email and went to the front desk. I asked the front desk if pressing was included in the package. After a few days when my account was flagged with the laundry package, the items came back pressed.

I don't see the option to prepurchase on the website.Is that something your TA arranged for you?We had the unlimited on the Zuiderdam transatlantic in March and will be with you on the 10/14 cruise.

Call Ship's Services to arrange the package in advance of boarding.

800-541-1576

I did purchase the unlimited laundry and I do have the emailed receipt. Of course, I will pay for our dressier (non-laundered) things to be pressed, if necessary. I agree that it is another case of 'depends who you get on the phone':roll eyes: As always, thanks for the replies, guys.

Watch what you send out of your dressier things.. I sent out a silk jacket to be pressed & they put a crease right down the middle of the arms of the jacket, just like a mans shirt would look.. I was really upset but our Steward was great & took it back to be re-pressed.. Fortunately, the crease came out of the arms..Now I press it myself, stuff the arms with tissue paper which seems to work & put it in my hanging bag..

We did the special behind the scenes tour ($$$) on the Oosterdam once and got to see the whole laundry and tailoring operation. Large, well-lighted rooms. Huge machines and roller presses for all the ship's linens.

And smiles from all the crew working down there far away from the passengers or the outdoor air. Not a grim place as one might imagine, but certainly a humbling one to see what goes on under the passenger decks that keep this entire operation working for both passengers and the rest of the staff, officers and crew.

Each item is gone over by hand in order to get those little individual tags pasted into them with a pressure tacking machine. How many do I still find months after a cruise is over? Plus the pressing area often uses those steam bags that infuse the entire garment to get them looking just great.

Agree, there was probably confusion over the pressing-only package to take out the packing wrinkles, and the full laundry service that has treated all our clothes we sent to them just beautifully.

Watch what you send out of your dressier things.. I sent out a silk jacket to be pressed & they put a crease right down the middle of the arms of the jacket, just like a mans shirt would look.. I was really upset but our Steward was great & took it back to be re-pressed.. Fortunately, the crease came out of the arms..Now I press it myself, stuff the arms with tissue paper which seems to work & put it in my hanging bag..

thanks for the tips. good idea about the tissue paper.

But that also happens with my home laundered things (dang that is hard to get the crease right!) and even a former (for that reason former!) dry cleaners. I have also had a button break etc but again that sometimes happens. On another line there was a grease mark on the shoulder of a shirt and it was washed again and delivered with an apology. Stuff happens.

A big warning on cruise ships is that the public iron in the laundry room often has sticky mess on it from passengers who used too hot an iron on too delicate a fabric and then took leave -- next passenger gets nasty gook on their item. Laundry room attendant says they have to replace iron every few days because of passenger "errors". We can't iron stuff right either!:p

I always take an old cotton handkerchief to use as a press cloth in case I need to use one of the laundry room irons. It makes the chore slower, but I don't get gunk on my clothes.

On Veendam last week, we had amazingly fast service on the "stuff a bag" laundry. We left it on our bed before going to dinner, and it was on the bed the next morning when we got back from breakfast. BTW, it was only $20 per bag. I thought I'd read about higher prices in some posts on CC, but it's still $20 on Veendam. I love how our "smalls" come back gift-wrapped in the basket.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Love the laundry service options and have had good luck with the outcomes.

However, I still do chuckle when several years ago we sent in a seersucker shirt and got it back with all but a few of the puckers pressed out. At first I thought they sent back the wrong shirt. By the way, it was very wearable and once home just washed/dried the puckers came back.

[quote name='retiredkid']the laundry is not showing up in my ressie..... i have the receipt printed off. Is that enough?
I found the same with the cabana.[/QUOTE]

yes, just bring the email confirmations and you will be fine.

None of that stuff shows up in your reservation but if you go to "my itinerary" and take a look, I think you will see them all there. But do bring your receipts. Better to be safe, always :)

[quote name='wander']Love the laundry service options and have had good luck with the outcomes.

However, I still do chuckle when several years ago we sent in a seersucker shirt and got it back with all but a few of the puckers pressed out. At first I thought they sent back the wrong shirt. By the way, it was very wearable and once home just washed/dried the puckers came back.[/QUOTE]

LOL pity the poor soul who ironed out the puckers. :D

At least it wasn't a seersucker suit!!:eek:

[quote name='johnmik1']I don't see the option to prepurchase on the website.Is that something your TA arranged for you?We had the unlimited on the Zuiderdam transatlantic in March and will be with you on the 10/14 cruise.[/QUOTE]
You can only purchase the unlimited laundry by calling Ship's services. It is NOT available online.
See you onboard in Athens. Hopefully the number of refugees coming from Syria and Libya will not impact our days in Athens prior to the 14th.

retired kid,
That's what I thought of as well. I could just picture some poor soul in the bowels of the ship pressing, pressing and pressing. Then I got carried away picturing a "mean" supervisor cracking a whip repeatedly saying - do it again, do it again, etc.

[quote name='TAD2005']You can only purchase the unlimited laundry by calling Ship's services. It is NOT available online.
See you onboard in Athens. Hopefully the number of refugees coming from Syria and Libya will not impact our days in Athens prior to the 14th.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for your info.I called today and paid my $182 for the entire cruise.

[quote name='johnmik1']I don't see the option to prepurchase on the website.Is that something your TA arranged for you?We had the unlimited on the Zuiderdam transatlantic in March and will be with you on the 10/14 cruise.[/QUOTE]

How much was it on a transatlantic? We will do one next year on the Zuiderdam....