Credit where credit is due, thank you Royal Caribbean UK

kernow

I know many of us in the UK (myself included) have been quick to moan about customer service in the UK office since it has moved to Guatemala but today I am singing their praises:)

My parents who are in their late 70s were due to travel on Explorer next week. Everything has been fully paid for a couple of months.

Last week my dad went to see his doctor and was told that he needs an operation urgently and was advised not to go on the cruise. His insurance did not cover him to cancel as his problem stems from a pre exisisting condition (believe me, I'll be checking their insurance in future!). They thought they would just lose their money.

In the past I remembered reading similar cases on here where RCL had let people switch to another cruise but I know that's hit and miss and also usually in the US where booking conditions are not as strict as ours.

I told my parents to give the UK office a call and ask if there was any possibility that they could do anything.

It's all been finalized this morning, they have been allowed to move the booking to a cruise on Navigator next summer. They had to send in a letter from the doctor and had to pay £75 pp admin fee but all the money they had already paid has been moved to the new cruise.

There are so many negative threads on here and I just wanted to say a big thank you to RCL and the UK office especially, I don't think there are many companies that would do this and its much appreciated.

Julie