Question about dining on NCL

Moomduck1

Hi,

We have only ever cruised with HAL before. 2 cruises coming up with NCL. I'm confused on how to dress for dining room. (not buffets) HAL had formal nights. Does NCL? Suit and tie required for main dining room or would dress pants and a polo work for men? One is a Baltic cruise and the other is a Caribbean. Thanks!

You can dress up as much as you wish and not feel out of place. However, only one MDR and one Specialty restaurant have a mild dress code for the evening meal. That does require for the guy, long pants and a collared shirt. Otherwise, in all others shorts are ok. There is one night when formal photos are being offered and you will see some families dressed very nice that night.

Hi,

We have only ever cruised with HAL before. 2 cruises coming up with NCL. I'm confused on how to dress for dining room. (not buffets) HAL had formal nights. Does NCL? Suit and tie required for main dining room or would dress pants and a polo work for men? One is a Baltic cruise and the other is a Caribbean. Thanks!

No suit and tie requirement for MDR, and the pants don't even have to be dress pants. Dockers type or nice jeans are allowed. Long pants required for more formal aft MDR and Le Bistro along with a collared shirt, polo type OK. Closed toe shoes also for both those venues. In all other venues, even shorts are allowed. No tank top and caps and no flip flops.

One Dress Up or Not Nght, currently called Norwegian's Night Out, but you can dress up as much or as little as you want every night.

This would be the first sticky you see when you enter. So many of these threads on here are all right on NCL home page. I don't understand why people don't read.

Well, I don't mind helping people at all but I like to give them helpful links to find other info also.

Hi,

There is no required dress code, formal or not. There are a couple of formal optional nights with few actually dressing in suits, unless you want pictures taken. In almost all cases polo shirt for men or a nice sport shirt is fine. For the gals a sun dress or nice slacks are fine. On casual nights there there is one MDR allowing shorts even and the only specialty dining room with any dress code is Le Bistro.

• 5 months later...
This would be the first sticky you see when you enter. So many of these threads on here are all right on NCL home page. I don't understand why people don't read.

it's not that I don't read, it's that I'm overwhelmed and confused. I didn't even see the sticky up there, but I will read through it later this evening.

it's not that I don't read, it's that I'm overwhelmed and confused. I didn't even see the sticky up there, but I will read through it later this evening.

Don't mind people like him Moomduck1. We are glad to help fellow cruisers out.

NCL is very laidback, hence the Freestyle cruising. That appeals to my wife and I who would feel out of place in a really formal environment. Don't stress out about your vacation. Enjoy it, and hopefully you have the UBP!

People like that make you afraid to ask a question. Unnecessary Rudeness.

This will be my first time cruising after a few years break and I have a ton of questions. Most people are nicer I think.

People don't read the stickies. It is just something to skip over before you get to the questions.

People like that make you afraid to ask a question. Unnecessary Rudeness.

This will be my first time cruising after a few years break and I have a ton of questions. Most people are nicer I think.

I hope so.