my fight to FCO

Flight Date from to Departure Arrival Reservation

LH 411

operated by:

LUFTHANSA 1​8​ September

-

1​9​ September NEW YORK NY JOHN F KENNEDY INTL

TERMINAL: 1 MUNICH INTERNATIONAL

TERMINAL: 2 1​8​:0​0​ h 0​7​:5​5​ h BUSINESS (I)

confirmed

seat: 05A/05C

Flight Date from to Departure Arrival Reservation

LH 1842

operated by:

LUFTHANSA 1​9​ September MUNICH DE MUNICH INTERNATIONAL

TERMINAL: 2 ROME IT FIUMICINO

TERMINAL: 3 0​9​:0​5​ h 1​0​:3​5​ h BUSINESS (I)

confirmed

seat: 04A/04C

my flight back

FLIGHT AF 1505

DEPARTURE

Rome

Friday, October 2, 2015 at 12:50

(FCO), ITALY

Terminal 1

Fiumicino Airport

ARRIVAL

Paris

at 15:00

(CDG), FRANCE

Terminal 2F

Aéroport Charles de Gaulle

FLIGHT AF 0010

DEPARTURE

Paris

Friday, October 2, 2015 at 16:55

(CDG), FRANCE

Terminal 2E

Aéroport Charles de Gaulle

ARRIVAL

New York City

at 19:00

(JFK), UNITED STATES

Terminal 1

John F. Kennedy Intl Airport

Will we have a problem making connections they changed our return flight it was a nonstop also if it makes a difference we are flying business class

Edited by merky

we are flying in 2 days early so if there is a problem we have the time to deal with it , we are worried that 2 hours would not be enough time at CDG flying home having never been there before , we have a flight out of JFK the next morning Oct. 3 , just reading all the bad reviews of CDG has me concerned.

... we are worried that 2 hours would not be enough time at CDG flying home having never been there before , we have a flight out of JFK the next morning Oct. 3 , just reading all the bad reviews of CDG has me concerned.
I suspect that one of our resident CDG experts will have some help to offer on that.

we are flying in 2 days early so if there is a problem we have the time to deal with it , we are worried that 2 hours would not be enough time at CDG flying home having never been there before , we have a flight out of JFK the next morning Oct. 3 , just reading all the bad reviews of CDG has me concerned.

I don't know why you would have any problem. Here's a YouTube video showing going from 2F - 2E

Complete guide:

http://easycdg.com/passenger-information/connecting-flight-connections-paris-cdg-airport/transfer-terminal-2e/terminal-2e-to-terminal-2f/

Edited by 6rugrats

I don't know why you would have any problem. Here's a YouTube video showing going from 2F - 2E

Complete guide:

http://easycdg.com/passenger-information/connecting-flight-connections-paris-cdg-airport/transfer-terminal-2e/terminal-2e-to-terminal-2f/

Thanks so much for the links that will really help , guess I just stressed with all the people that said to avoid that airport :)

I venture that "most people" who say to avoid CDG either aren't flying SkyTeam airlines so they are out in the older terminals or used to fly out of there when all the construction was going on (and then had to go again when the new terminal collapsed) and you had to ride busses everywhere and most flights were on hardstands.

I rather enjoy connecting through CDG when I fly Delta/AF/Alitalia. Plus, the AF lounges around T3/T4 are some of the nicest I've been in anywhere.

I venture that "most people" who say to avoid CDG either aren't flying SkyTeam airlines so they are out in the older terminals

I've only transited CDG once (and yes it was on Sky Team) so it's hard to say whether my experience was the norm or not, but it was awful. We did have to take a bus and go through a construction area with poor signage, so you are saying that has changed? No more buses?

Inside the terminal wasn't much better though. We went through a passport check and at the point where you enter one line for Euro citizens and another line for US etc., it was unclear which line ended up at which counter. The French airport staff wouldn't answer as to which line was which so we guessed. As it turns out we guessed wrong so then they yelled at us. Much better experiences at AMS, although if the buses are no longer used at CDG that would be a huge improvement.

I've only transited CDG once (and yes it was on Sky Team) so it's hard to say whether my experience was the norm or not, but it was awful. We did have to take a bus and go through a construction area with poor signage, so you are saying that has changed? No more buses?

Inside the terminal wasn't much better though. We went through a passport check and at the point where you enter one line for Euro citizens and another line for US etc., it was unclear which line ended up at which counter. The French airport staff wouldn't answer as to which line was which so we guessed. As it turns out we guessed wrong so then they yelled at us. Much better experiences at AMS, although if the buses are no longer used at CDG that would be a huge improvement.

The construction zone with all the busses is no more. Hasn't been for awhile. As for the passport check issue - had the same issues at FCO. Some people even tried using the Diplomatic/Crew line because they couldn't figure out their appropriate line. If I must have a connection in Europe, CDG is still my favorite. Never used AMS because it has never suited my flight needs. Kind of weird, because I've transited just about everywhere else (LHR, FRA, MUC, ZRH,VIE) for connections. If I can wrangle a long connection time, CDG is fun - get off the plane, check into the Sheraton there in the T3 complex, take the escalator outside the Sheraton down a level to the RER station and hop a train into Paris for the evening, take the RER back to CDG, up to my room at the Sheraton, out the door next morning and grab a coffee and a croissant at the Paul stand outside the door, head over to my flight.. A civilized connection ;)

Connecting at JFK after a TATL flight, now THAT is a nightmare!!!

Edited by slidergirl

The construction zone with all the busses is no more. Hasn't been for awhile. As for the passport check issue - had the same issues at FCO.... If I must have a connection in Europe, CDG is still my favorite. Never used AMS because it has never suited my flight needs.

Thanks, good to know the buses are no more! It was a few years ago when we went through CDG; most recently we've had itineraries that connected at AMS, which I really enjoy. Great signage, friendly and helpful airport staff, etc., and now that they have centralized security rather than security at the individual gates it's much better than it was.

I'll add one more thing about CDG. I had a bad accident on vacation and I was stuck with a shattered leg and wheelchair-bound to get home. I had to have an over night at CDG because of the availability of last-minute flights that I had to change to with the accident. The SAPHIR team at CDG was great! Took me from my plane to the Sheraton, picked me up the next morning, took me through passport control and then gave me a nice bright place to wait until my flight. They came and got me and took me out to the plane via a catering truck to get up to the 777 doors. Very caring and always friendly. AND, the passport control and security people were very nice and considerate during my checks. Nothing like the nasty TSA people who "welcomed" me back at IAD with a patdown and grope worthy of my OB/GYN, all because I couldn't stand on my shattered leg.

Edited by slidergirl