Royal Replenish package

Jo and Rob

I have several questions! :o My knowledge of Royal Caribbean is very out of date so I am going on the assumption I need to find out information again so it is going to be a busy time! I haven't bought a drinks package on Royal before but am considering it on this cruise.

I'm not expecting all the answers at once but and if there is anything else I haven't thought of please chip in. :)

How much is this package in dollars? I'm trying to work out whether it would be cheaper to pre-book in £ or wait until we board.

Is it a sticker or do they swipe your card?

We are going on Anthem, does anyone know where the coffee shop is? Can you get coffees from the bars too?

Does the water included mean the small bottles or the large bottles?

What are the best mocktails on Royal Caribbean?

Anyone bought this package and regretted it?

Can you buy drinks in the theatre?

Are diet drinks like diet sprite included? (As it says fountain drinks)

many thanks Cruise critic friends.

Jo :)

I have several questions! :o My knowledge of Royal Caribbean is very out of date so I am going on the assumption I need to find out information again so it is going to be a busy time! I haven't bought a drinks package on Royal before but am considering it on this cruise.

I'm not expecting all the answers at once but and if there is anything else I haven't thought of please chip in. :)

How much is this package in dollars? I'm trying to work out whether it would be cheaper to pre-book in £ or wait until we board.

Is it a sticker or do they swipe your card?

We are going on Anthem, does anyone know where the coffee shop is? Can you get coffees from the bars too?

What are the best mocktails on Royal Caribbean?

Can you buy drinks in the theatre?

Are diet drinks like diet sprite included? (As it says fountain drinks)

many thanks Cruise critic friends.

Jo :)

From the title of your post, I am guessing you are asking about the Royal Replenish Package. It comes out to $22.00 pp pd including gratuity. I think (as of right now anyway) its less in USD than £.

If you purchase the drink package prior to boarding there is coke logo on it and a RR sticker. I don't know how it translates to the WOW bands. But the bartenders do run the seapass (guessing the bands too). If you buy it on board, they put a sticker on the SeaPass (again not sure how they do it with the WOW band but I am sure they have a way to load it on there).

The spring water, what I have seen are 16.9 ounces maybe the next size smaller. I am not sure the size of the sparkling water.

I am not sure on Anthem where to get the Latte/Cappuccinos etc. I am sure somewhere on deck 5, I believe you can also get it in Windjammer...

I would guess there is a bar in the theater, I know I was able to get virgin drinks in the theater on Adventure.

Yes, Diet drinks are included...

Think I answered most of it, I am sure others will chime in and add or correct me....

Sorry for guessing at a lot of it. I just haven't been on Anthem yet, maybe our 2018 cruise :)

Edited by LilBlackDress

This is just a list I have compiled from several posts. I am sure there are PLENTY more

Virgin drinks

Make sure to tell the bartender you want a virgin drink

Pina Coladas

Peach Pina Coladas

Mojitos (also ask for it frozen)

Strawberry Daquiries

Mango Daquiries

Papaya Passion

Mango Tango (1/2 Pina Colada, 1/2 mango daq)

Love Connection (1/3 Pina, 1/3 Mango daq, 1/3 straw daq)

Lava Flow

Miami Vice (1/2 pina colada-1/2 strawberry daq)

Pineapple Blast (pineapple soda with red bull)

Mudslide

Flavored Lemonades (also ask for it frozen)

Rosewater Lemonade

Arnold Palmer (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade)-may be avail frozen...

*also ask the bartender suggest or surprise you with something virgin...

Regarding the question about where to find Specialty Coffees/Teas on the Anthem... on Deck 4, Le Patisserie, which is the pastry shop on the ship is where you will be able to order lattes, cappuccinos, chai tea, etc... Also in the dining rooms when they are serving meals. The bars don't make or serve specialty coffees/teas and these are the only 2 venues that I was able to find specialty coffees on Quantum when we sailed in February.

The line at Le Patisserie gets very long, especially in the morning when everyone with a package is looking for their morning specialty coffee, latte, cappuccino, chai, etc... I typically went down and got my specialty coffee and had my husband meet me in the sitting area attached to it, then we went to the Windjammer for breakfast. I was able to get a cappuccino in dining room at breakfast also.

As a side note, fresh squeezed juice is included in this package, you can really only get this in the Windjammer or in the dining rooms at breakfast time. That was when I had my best luck with the fresh juice.

This is just a list I have compiled from several posts. I am sure there are PLENTY more

Virgin drinks

Make sure to tell the bartender you want a virgin drink

Pina Coladas

Peach Pina Coladas

Mojitos (also ask for it frozen)

Strawberry Daquiries

Mango Daquiries

Papaya Passion

Mango Tango (1/2 Pina Colada, 1/2 mango daq)

Love Connection (1/3 Pina, 1/3 Mango daq, 1/3 straw daq)

Lava Flow

Miami Vice (1/2 pina colada-1/2 strawberry daq)

Pineapple Blast (pineapple soda with red bull)

Mudslide

Flavored Lemonades (also ask for it frozen)

Rosewater Lemonade

Arnold Palmer (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade)-may be avail frozen...

*also ask the bartender suggest or surprise you with something virgin...

Virgin mudslide now you are talking! Are Iced coffees also included?

The Iced Coffees are going to be with the specialty coffee and teas, as SnappyNappi stated, they are on deck 4 and the dining rooms. Never being on Quantum Class I can only guess that they will have Fraps and Iced Latte etc...

The Iced Coffees are going to be with the specialty coffee and teas, as SnappyNappi stated, they are on deck 4 and the dining rooms. Never being on Quantum Class I can only guess that they will have Fraps and Iced Latte etc...

Right... iced coffee is considered specialty coffee... However, I have never ordered iced coffee in the dining room. I know that they serve it at the pastry shop, but not sure if they serve it in the dining rooms... I will defer to an iced coffee drinker to clarify :)

Also... if you have never had a Virgin Triple Berry Lava Flow or Mango Lava Flow, you have not lived... LOL! I love mango, so the Frozen Mango Tango ranks very high on my drink list as well!

Right... iced coffee is considered specialty coffee... However, I have never ordered iced coffee in the dining room. I know that they serve it at the pastry shop, but not sure if they serve it in the dining rooms... I will defer to an iced coffee drinker to clarify :)

Also... if you have never had a Virgin Triple Berry Lava Flow or Mango Lava Flow, you have not lived... LOL! I love mango, so the Frozen Mango Tango ranks very high on my drink list as well!

What is a lava flow?

Do both my DH and I have to order the replenish package at the same time or can only one of us? Spouse is not a big soda drinker.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought RCI would require both to purchase if it is an alcoholic package but not the replenish???. Please advise. Thanks

The Lava Flow drinks are a Frozen Pina Colada poured into a glass with a fruit puree swirled throughout the drink. It is really sweet and totally deeeee-lish! They come in lots of flavors - some bars will have a few flavors and other bars on the ship will have more or other flavors. You can ask a bartender what kind they make at the bar you are at, they will be happy to tell you what they are serving. My personal favorites are Triple-berry, mango and strawberry. If you have an alcohol package, they are made with rum - but I would specify Malibu or Coconut Rum.

Do both my DH and I have to order the replenish package at the same time or can only one of us? Spouse is not a big soda drinker.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought RCI would require both to purchase if it is an alcoholic package but not the replenish???. Please advise. Thanks

RCCL used to make you purchase the same alcohol package for any adults over 21 staying in the same room. They got A LOT of complaints and people were not buying the packages. They changed the rules - any cruisers can buy any or no package regardless of what someone else in your party is purchasing. You can buy what you want and you can purchase something totally different or nothing at all for your DH.

I get the Replenish Package because I don't drink (at least not enough to make an alcohol package worth it for me), but my DH gets the Premium package when we cruise. To each their own... :)

It used to be the case that everyone in a stateroom needed to be on the same drink package "level." This is no longer true.

You can get the fruity mocktails, he can get the beer, or you can get the full monte, and he can get nothing and just have the complimentary water. Its completely up to you.

The Lava Flow drinks are a Frozen Pina Colada poured into a glass with a fruit puree swirled throughout the drink. It is really sweet and totally deeeee-lish! They come in lots of flavors - some bars will have a few flavors and other bars on the ship will have more or other flavors. You can ask a bartender what kind they make at the bar you are at, they will be happy to tell you what they are serving. My personal favorites are Triple-berry, mango and strawberry. If you have an alcohol package, they are made with rum - but I would specify Malibu or Coconut Rum.

I admit, I put out a list I know VERY little about!! :eek::D:eek:

When DH and I went in Feb, I said I was going to try most everything on the list, not a fan of red bull. I made it ALL the way down to Peach Colada, 2nd on the list, and I was hooked!! Since our last cruise, I have added on more drinks to the list... Come Jan I am going to make it through the list and adding in the Specialty Coffees!! Skipping, of course, the Pineapple Blast. :D

I admit, I put out a list I know VERY little about!! :eek::D:eek:

When DH and I went in Feb, I said I was going to try most everything on the list, not a fan of red bull. I made it ALL the way down to Peach Colada, 2nd on the list, and I was hooked!! Since our last cruise, I have added on more drinks to the list... Come Jan I am going to make it through the list and adding in the Specialty Coffees!! Skipping, of course, the Pineapple Blast. :D

I tried Rosewater Lemonade in Two70 when I was looking for something with no alcohol, and it was good... VERY sweet, like almost too sweet (if there is such a thing). If you do get that far down your list, I suggest when you order it, that you ask for a glass of water as well so you can water it down as needed.

I will also say that I love my daiquiris and pina coloda frozem drinks - I like Miami Vice as well as the Mango Tango. I had a Love Connection, but I am not sure that is what it was called when I ordered it a few cruises back. I would never get a Pineapple Blast because Red Bull is totally NOT my thing. The one thing that I have never had on the list that is popping out at me, is your favorite... I have never had a Peach Pina Colada. I think that will have to be my first drink when we sail in December! :rolleyes:

Just off the FR and my husband and I each had the RR package.

We enjoyed our Starbucks every day...bottled water..fresh oj..some soda and mocktails..I had the fruity frozen ones like. Virgin Labadoozies and he had Virgin Bloody Mary's.

Granted we probably could had shared one package but we didn't, since technically you are not supposed to.

RCCL used to make you purchase the same alcohol package for any adults over 21 staying in the same room. They got A LOT of complaints and people were not buying the packages. They changed the rules - any cruisers can buy any or no package regardless of what someone else in your party is purchasing. You can buy what you want and you can purchase something totally different or nothing at all for your DH.

I get the Replenish Package because I don't drink (at least not enough to make an alcohol package worth it for me), but my DH gets the Premium package when we cruise. To each their own... :)

Thanks for the information. I will probably get the Replenish Package when we go on our European cruise on the Allure in October! Can't wait. :o:rolleyes:

Just to add some extra info that some people might want to know. If not, don't read on. Seriously stop reading this, you can't now, just to see what I will type next.

Ok, Two great venues for all your starbuck needs. La Patisserie, Deck 4 Portside, in between Boleros and the shops. TWO70 Only during the day. They serve the same drinks. TWO70 is great for a quiet breakfast sandwich or amazing sandwiches for lunch (The Kummelweck is a must). When you visit La Patisserie, there are 4 price boards, the first 2 reading left to right are included, the other two boards are the chocolates and cupcakes they sell, NOT Pastry as mentioned earlier (probably not been onboard Anthem).

The drinks that are on these boards are all starbucks and are coffee's (Latte, espresso, etc) Hot chocolate specials (yum yummy) and frappuccinos which are iced coffee and cream are really good on hot days. Ask for a "Minty Humbug Frappuccino" it's not on the menu but the staff will know what you are after and it is yum.

There is no bar in the theatre but there is bar staff that fetch you any drink. Little tip, order any drink in a wine glass. The glasses fit in the cup holders on the arm rests and won't be spilt. Other glasses sit on top of the glass holder and wobble and get spilt when standing to let people pass.

Just ordered this package again when I sail ANthem in October 2015. No Regrets as getting bottle water to go ashore (even from the guy at the gangway it's free) is not normal included.

You can order different packages for each of you. But if you order more than one drink at a time without showing the same amount of seapasses, you will be charged for the whole round.

Every bar has it's own range of drinks and bar menu. Any cocktail can be made into a mocktail. I used to own a bar in London, so it is easy to do.

Great mocktail to try is a "Mexican Limeade" in TWO70.

Price is around $19 a day or current price online is £14.30 (Exchange rate $1.54 - £1 which means $19 = £12.30 but that rate changes daily and won't be the exchange rate onboard or by your bank) Either way it works out to be around 4 drinks a day to break even. A large (Venti) latte is $7, espresso is $2.75, a mocktail is $5, bottle water is $1, so very easy to drink your allowance. Also trying new drinks, you don't have to drink them if they aren't to your taste.

Every bar has it's own range of drinks and bar menu. Any cocktail can be made into a mocktail. I used to own a bar in London, so it is easy to do.

Great mocktail to try is a "Mexican Limeade" in TWO70.

Also trying new drinks, you don't have to drink them if they aren't to your taste.

Adding "Mexican Limeade" in TWO70 to my master list :D

"order more than one drink at a time without showing the same amount of seapasses, you will be charged for the whole round."

I am unclear on this. If I sit with my husband he has a drink package and I do not, and we order two drinks- we'll get charged for both?!? Not following...

"order more than one drink at a time without showing the same amount of seapasses, you will be charged for the whole round."

I am unclear on this. If I sit with my husband he has a drink package and I do not, and we order two drinks- we'll get charged for both?!? Not following...

Yep, that's right. If you are on a package (any) and order two drinks that are included in that package without showing another seapass card or wow band, then RCCL will add both drinks at full price to your account.

If Husband wants to order for you and him, then he needs to show both seapasses when ordering.

This sounds daft but it happened to me. I wanted a hot drink and cold drink. Both included on my package. I got charged for both. You can only order one drink per seapass at a time. So if I took my wife's card and my card and ordered two drinks, this was fine.

If I was with a group and we were all on different packages or not, and I ordered a round, I would need to present a seapass for every drink ordered.

Smaller.

Not the 1 liter bottles that are with the specific *water* package.

I didn't regret it, but likely won't buy it again. I just don't have the stomach capacity for liquids that I would need to get all my waters in, a latte in the morning (for caffeine), a latte in the evening (decaf), with the occasional fake-drink included... I tried, but I didn't even hit the $20/day (at the time) mark.

If you purchase the drink package prior to boarding there is coke logo on it and a RR sticker.

Jan 2014 we had that combo, and the guy at the drink package-purchasing station next to the kid wristband station FREAKED. (we had stopped there to ask a question) He said we must have bought two packages, that RR isn't supposed to have the embossed coke logo on it, and I *had to* go to Guest Services to make sure I hadn't bought two packages. (since I don't drink soda I knew I hadn't)

When we went to GS they didn't freak, but they saw it as a problem, and so they reprinted DH and my cards on stock without the coke logo.

Octo 2014 on Vision we bought RR onboard (why did I buy it again?) and it didn't have the coke logo so I don't know if that was because that's how it's supposed to be always, or if it was because I bought it onboard.

As a side note, fresh squeezed juice is included in this package, you can really only get this in the Windjammer or in the dining rooms at breakfast time. That was when I had my best luck with the fresh juice.

Yeah, breakfast is when they have the machine up and running!

Since November 2013 they have not required the same package purchase. It's lovely.

Yep, that's right. If you are on a package (any) and order two drinks that are included in that package without showing another seapass card or wow band, then RCCL will add both drinks at full price to your account.

If Husband wants to order for you and him, then he needs to show both seapasses when ordering.

This sounds daft but it happened to me. I wanted a hot drink and cold drink. Both included on my package. I got charged for both. You can only order one drink per seapass at a time. So if I took my wife's card and my card and ordered two drinks, this was fine.

I would have pushed back on that. If I have an alcohol package and I want what is in my package, and DH suddenly wants a drink but he only has Replenish and I'm the one going to the bar, I expect to be able to get MY drink that's included in my package AND to pay for his drink which is NOT included.

If they can't do that, I'm not paying for both. They can figure out how to do it.

Obviously it's not that they don't have a way to charge for the items if you have it on a package, since they charged you for both.

If I'm willing to pay for one, they get to charge me for ONE.