Fabulous deals on offer!

Jo and Rob

Celebrity are offering 2nd passenger goes half price and free drinks package. Superb deal and by going on the Celebrity website the deal works out even cheaper than with TAs because of the choice of flights on offer. We managed to prepay our tips and still get a cheaper deal than our regular TA.

Absolutely delighted and with tips and drinks sorted the lack of OBC doesn't matter at all. :):):):)

My Wife and I got the same deal for our upcoming Eclipse Cruise in July to the Baltic, as well as free parking at Southampton for 14 nights. The price we are paying for a Category 1A Verandah is considerably less than a 12 night Baltic Cruise with Cruise and Maritime same date in an Outside Cabin. Makes the upgrade to Premium Package at approx £8 per day an absolute no-brainier.

Can't find the so called fabulous deals - we have 2 Eclipse Caribbean cruises booked at substantially less than current offerings both with drinks pkg. and sizeable obc ( Nov 15 & Feb 16)

Looking at Eclipse for Nov.16 - prices are over $1000 more for the identical cruise we paid for this year. Prices variation between US, UK and EU are negligible, the UK is about $150 cheaper (total for 2people/2B cabin). Intend to check again in January, if they drop to less than $4500 will book otherwise will go to Tenerife for the sun.

Edited by mickey89

Can't find the so called fabulous deals - we have 2 Eclipse Caribbean cruises booked at substantially less than current offerings both with drinks pkg. and sizeable obc ( Nov 15 & Feb 16)

Looking at Eclipse for Nov.16 - prices are over $1000 more for the identical cruise we paid for this year. Prices variation between US, UK and EU are negligible, the UK is about $150 cheaper (total for 2people/2B cabin). Intend to check again in January, if they drop to less than $4500 will book otherwise will go to Tenerife for the sun.

According to Celebrity's uk website, the BOGO sale is only for cruises in Europe.

Here is a link to the website where you can choose your own flights. It is Europe and Worldwide.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/free-drinks

It was cheaper than TAs believe me, mine even phoned Celebrity who initially couldn't find such a low price either!!

We have a 2B balcony for four people including flights from Heathrow to Rome, transfers, Classic drinks package and tips for £5456 for 10 nights on Celebrity Reflection sailing Italy, Greece and Turkey on 29th July 2016.

Whoop whoop!! :):):)

Edited by Jo and Rob

That particular deal BOGO half price + free classic drinks package just applies to cruises in Europe. Even if the prices have been inflated a little bit (I don't know if that's the case), its still excellent value. Just nabbed a cheeky 14 night Baltic cruise in June, which we hadn't planned on doing just yet, but the price was an offer I couldn't refuse 😀

That particular deal BOGO half price + free classic drinks package just applies to cruises in Europe. Even if the prices have been inflated a little bit (I don't know if that's the case), its still excellent value. Just nabbed a cheeky 14 night Baltic cruise in June, which we hadn't planned on doing just yet, but the price was an offer I couldn't refuse [emoji3]

I agree. Not technically BOGO half price but definately cheaper. Weve booked for Baltics in May and Canaries in Sep. Its also combinable with the loyalty club one cabin upgrade which is unusual.

I know for sure the Iceland and Ireland cruise on Eclipse next May was over £2200 pp for a balcony two weeks ago but is below £1500 pp now. A definate saving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the new offer the July 17th cruise to the Baltics is £900 cheaper for us in a 1c balcony stateroom including gratuities. So pleased we weren't in a position to book before now. I looked at the new offer on the first day it became available (2nd September) and it is exactly the same price today so they are not over inflating the 1st passenger price. So taking into account losing $300 OBC we're still £700 better off.

Last week I cancelled a 2016 Adriatic booking for OV, losing £50pp deposit.

Then re-booked a Verandah cabin for the same cost, give or take a few pounds. Classic package on both.

Prices have gone up, but not enough to cancel out the 50% for the 2nd passenger.

Stuart

Yep, we are in a 2c balcony on the hump on the sailing 16th November and paid £2770 and received the classic drinks package and $100 onboard credit and it's now £3100 for the closest balcony without taking a guarantee which includes nothing. Think that's a difference of around £1200, and I thought Caribbean sailing always had last minute bargains.

............and I thought Caribbean sailing always had last minute bargains.

It is very difficult to work out Celebrity's pricing policy, seams bizarre ! We are on the same cruise 16th Nov. (don't see you on our rollcall ?) and booked the cruise last February paying $4370 which is $1020 less than the current price for C3 cabin, both prices included the drinks pkg. but we also had free grats and $650 obc. Can't believe how the prices have increased now and for 2016/17, trust reality will return again in the new year as the leisure economy is still relatively flat.

Yep, we are in a 2c balcony on the hump on the sailing 16th November and paid £2770 and received the classic drinks package and $100 onboard credit and it's now £3100 for the closest balcony without taking a guarantee which includes nothing. Think that's a difference of around £1200, and I thought Caribbean sailing always had last minute bargains.

I don't think we have ever had a bargain in the Caribbean although we have generally been happy with what we paid. You have to book flights so far in advance to fit around the cruise that unless you go for around 4 weeks, you can't leave booking the cruise later to chance.

Our first cruise with Celebrity was an AQ which was much cheaper (around 40%) than Princess so we moved lines. Didn't have drinks built in then. The current pricing still works out at around the same as 4 years ago if you add in the cost of the drink package.

It is very difficult to work out Celebrity's pricing policy, seams bizarre ! We are on the same cruise 16th Nov. (don't see you on our rollcall ?) and booked the cruise last February paying $4370 which is $1020 less than the current price for C3 cabin, both prices included the drinks pkg. but we also had free grats and $650 obc. Can't believe how the prices have increased now and for 2016/17, trust reality will return again in the new year as the leisure economy is still relatively flat.

Hi, I introduced ourselves on post 79, not sure if that counts as signed up to the roll call or not ?

I don't think we have ever had a bargain in the Caribbean although we have generally been happy with what we paid. You have to book flights so far in advance to fit around the cruise that unless you go for around 4 weeks, you can't leave booking the cruise later to chance.

Our first cruise with Celebrity was an AQ which was much cheaper (around 40%) than Princess so we moved lines. Didn't have drinks built in then. The current pricing still works out at around the same as 4 years ago if you add in the cost of the drink package.

This is certainly our first cruise with Celebrity so I don't know the history regarding late bookings. But speaking with others while in the Caribbean in the past they got fantastic late deals. That was on the likes of the P&O Ventura though so maybe not a great comparison.

But yes the flight are an issue, we booked ours with BA around last November and got a decent deal deal given it involved a transfer down to Heathrow. We're on one of the new BA super jumbo's which I think they are just having delivered around now.

This is certainly our first cruise with Celebrity so I don't know the history regarding late bookings. But speaking with others while in the Caribbean in the past they got fantastic late deals. That was on the likes of the P&O Ventura though so maybe not a great comparison.

But yes the flight are an issue, we booked ours with BA around last November and got a decent deal deal given it involved a transfer down to Heathrow. We're on one of the new BA super jumbo's which I think they are just having delivered around now.

It is true that with P&O and Princess the prices start high and plummet near sailing time going up again about a month before sailing. We booked a couple of bonus cruises this year as the offers were too good to be true (Emily's child place was only £149 on British Isles cruise on Royal Princess)

However on Celebrity I think booking early is the key. We normally book a year in advance and have been astonished just how much money we have saved compared with our fellow passengers.

..........we're on one of the new BA super jumbo's which I think they are just having delivered around now.

We also are on BA flight A380-800 out of LHR into MIA on the 15th Nov'15. Originally booked with Delta who made unacceptable flight changes then changed to Virgin who re-scheduled their flight to the morning then changed to BA. Although all the changes were frustrating the eventual flight resulted in a significant cost reduction.

Last year Miami International was hell on earth when we arrived as US Customs had a work to rule which caused major chaos and it took over 3 hours from plane landing to get to the taxi rank. Hope things will be different this year ....................!

Edited by mickey89
typo

We also are on BA flight A380-800 out of LHR into MIA on the 15th Nov'15. Originally booked with Delta who made unacceptable flight changes then changed to Virgin who re-scheduled their flight to the morning then changed to BA. Although all the changes were frustrating the eventual flight resulted in a significant cost reduction.

Last year Miami International was hell on earth when we arrived as US Customs had a work to rule which caused major chaos and it took over 3 hours from plane landing to get to the taxi rank. Hope things will be different this year ....................!

Yes I've heard it's pretty bad, never usd Miami before. We are flying out on Saturday the 14th and staying in a hotel on south beach for a couple nights then another night after the cruise.

With P&O, flights to the Caribbean are chartered wholly for that cruise so they dont want a double whammy of an unsold cabin and an unsold seat on the plane so they have a tendancy to heavily discount nearer the date. The last few years you could get a balcony on a 14 night Caribbean cruise in Nov or early Dec for £999 including the flight.

Really like the idea of flying direct to Barbados for the cruise, it avoid the hassle of MIA and less days at sea. I only wish Celebrity would base a ship out of Barbados then it would be heaven. Never liked P&O after a poor cruise on Oriana, I doubt that Britannia will be a patch on Celebrity Solstice ships, even discounted I would give P&O a miss.

Really like the idea of flying direct to Barbados for the cruise, it avoid the hassle of MIA and less days at sea. I only wish Celebrity would base a ship out of Barbados then it would be heaven. Never liked P&O after a poor cruise on Oriana, I doubt that Britannia will be a patch on Celebrity Solstice ships, even discounted I would give P&O a miss.

I have to agree, P&O incl Britannia are not a patch on Solstace Class ships.