Help picking Suite on Oasis

Trippy1

Hi all....new the community and I could not figure out how to post specifically in the Oasis forum, so my apologies if this isn't in the right place. :)

In need of some advice regarding suites on Oasis.

Hubs and I are quite lucky, my company is chartering Oasis for our incentive trip. This means that I can get a great suite at a relatively low price. At present I can choose either a CLS or Owner's Suite. The kicker is....the CLS are given at random, so I have no say in the location. Having researched on this board, most people say location of the CLS is important as some of them have zero privacy. Also in looking at the layout of both...the balconies of the OS is much larger than the CLS.

So therein lies the conundrum. Looking for some advice or recommendations.

Whats the difference between the two (besides CLS being 2 stories)? What would you do?

I've also noticed that if I go to the RCCL Website to make a booking, the OS is almost always more expensive. Wondering if there's a reason for this?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me! 😊

Our choice would be a L1 Crown Loft. To date, since 2012 we have sailed in 10 Crown Lofts and have 7 more booked through 4-2017.

With a L1 Crown Loft you have a water view and are on the 17th deck, which gives you easy access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

The Lofts also have 2 bathrooms and a large TV downstairs and also a large TV in the bedroom Loft. The upstairs shower is large with 3 shower heads.

The Owner Suites are also great rooms, with a much better balcony then the Crown Lofts. The have a jetted tub and a walk-in shower. Also they have 2 TVs which are in the same fixture. One faces the bedroom, the other faces the living area. A nice size table and chairs are inside for dining.

As for pricing, I have usually found the Owners Suites to cost more then the Crown Lofts. I believe there are only 10 Owner Suites compared to 20+ L1 and L2 Crown Lofts, this may be the reason why they cost more.

While we prefer the Lofts, I did book an Owners Suite on the Oasis sailing 1-08-2017. This was the only time I found an Owners Suite cheaper then a Crown Loft. It was $500 cheaper.

Our choice would be a L1 Crown Loft. To date, since 2012 we have sailed in 10 Crown Lofts and have 7 more booked through 4-2017.

With a L1 Crown Loft you have a water view and are on the 17th deck, which gives you easy access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

The Lofts also have 2 bathrooms and a large TV downstairs and also a large TV in the bedroom Loft. The upstairs shower is large with 3 shower heads.

The Owner Suites are also great rooms, with a much better balcony then the Crown Lofts. The have a jetted tub and a walk-in shower. Also they have 2 TVs which are in the same fixture. One faces the bedroom, the other faces the living area. A nice size table and chairs are inside for dining.

As for pricing, I have usually found the Owners Suites to cost more then the Crown Lofts. I believe there are only 10 Owner Suites compared to 20+ L1 and L2 Crown Lofts, this may be the reason why they cost more.

While we prefer the Lofts, I did book an Owners Suite on the Oasis sailing 1-08-2017. This was the only time I found an Owners Suite cheaper then a Crown Loft. It was $500 cheaper.

Thanks for this. I was under the impression that the OS had a separate bedroom. Is this not the case?

I'm worried about possibly getting an L2....I have no control over the one they will assign me. Are they that bad?

The OS is super nice. .

The CLS has a bigger wow factor.

I'd personally probably go with the OS... I think. Humm... Would hate to be out wowed by someone I know...

I hear ya...I won't be happy if the CL are awesome. But even MORE unhappy if I pass up the OS and get an L2 overlooking a busy area.....so there's my delimma

I hear ya...I won't be happy if the CL are awesome. But even MORE unhappy if I pass up the OS and get an L2 overlooking a busy area.....so there's my delimma

CLs are on deck 17, you would be looking down on deck 15 and below. Havent heard of people seeing in from down below.

OS is not a separate Living room/Bedroom, it has a half wall of sorts divider and a curtain if I am not mistaken....

Its best to look on YouTube... you will see all kinds of pros and cons to help you decide.

Trippy I have attached a cruise review that I did, to which we stayed in an OS on Oasis. It has room photos which should help you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659

Since then we stayed almost exclusively on deck 17, except for for two cruises back down to the regular decks to stay in the now not available Royal Suite and are most recent western Med cruise, in a better than I thought it would be, Junior Suite.

We prefer deck 17 for a multitude of different reasons to which others have stated. A few that have been missed are how it is key card access part of the ship. So long as your other deck mates remember to close the glass doors your hallway is inaccessible. There fore it is quieter durning the day and night. Now the CL and CK are on deck 17 there is even less reason for the general public to be up there. It is rare to hear hallway noisy, which includes doors slamming shut, running kids or adults, and the drunks stumbling home.;) You also have two cabin stewards on deck 17 where as the OS on has one. On deck 17 they also attend to less cabins, so they clean them much faster and I have found them to be very attentive and the best of the best. Another item is the loft has stairs, and if they are an issue for you then you might want to consider not choosing this deck.

As for your concern over views I will point out a view points. If you can't choose your cabin there is only 1/3 chance you will end up aft facing as 1/3 or just under the loft cabins face the sports desk. The RLS and SLS 1720 also face aft and consume a fair amount of aft facing space. We prefer the aft facing balcony as we love to people watch. We live in the country where our nearest neighbour is 3/4 of a mile away and we don't find it noisy out on the balcony. You also get the ship's prop wash and the horizon as part of your sights. There are also thin and heavy drapes that block out the lights at night or excessive sun's glare in the daytime. The lofts also allow a great all out of light into your cabin because the glass windows extend two floors up.

If you get an water view it is what you would like so in the case your golden. I a would only suggest that you request that you are not given the accessible water view CLS. I really doubt that you would get it, as they hold it for those that need it, but you never know. Having toured it before on a cabin crawl it s a nice cabin but it is set for for wheel chair accessibility and therefore there are smaller changes made in design. I work in healthcare and these features don't phase me but others mght be surprises to see floor wide drians to stop water flow in the shower, grab bars, wider doors, and this loft even has an elevator and stairs. I did hear from my fellow roll caller that the elevator did stop with them in it 2 times requiring maintence to free them.

So the choice is yours but I'd highly suggest you pick deck 17. I am away from home right now but I could post CLS pics when I return home next week if you wish. Let me know. I am happy to hear your employer is taking you and your co-workers on a cruise. My type of Boss. :) I'd want to hold our corporate meetings on the Oasis class ;) but my partners (mom and brother) are not cruisers.

I hope this helps in your decision making.

EDIT, the only thing the CL is missing over the OS is a nice balcony table to dine on.

Trippy I have attached a cruise review that I did, to which we stayed in an OS on Oasis. It has room photos which should help you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659

Since then we stayed almost exclusively on deck 17, except for for two cruises back down to the regular decks to stay in the now not available Royal Suite and are most recent western Med cruise, in a better than I thought it would be, Junior Suite.

We prefer deck 17 for a multitude of different reasons to which others have stated. A few that have been missed are how it is key card access part of the ship. So long as your other deck mates remember to close the glass doors your hallway is inaccessible. There fore it is quieter durning the day and night. Now the CL and CK are on deck 17 there is even less reason for the general public to be up there. It is rare to hear hallway noisy, which includes doors slamming shut, running kids or adults, and the drunks stumbling home.;) You also have two cabin stewards on deck 17 where as the OS on has one. On deck 17 they also attend to less cabins, so they clean them much faster and I have found them to be very attentive and the best of the best. Another item is the loft has stairs, and if they are an issue for you then you might want to consider not choosing this deck.

As for your concern over views I will point out a view points. If you can't choose your cabin there is only 1/3 chance you will end up aft facing as 1/3 or just under the loft cabins face the sports desk. The RLS and SLS 1720 also face aft and consume a fair amount of aft facing space. We prefer the aft facing balcony as we love to people watch. We live in the country where our nearest neighbour is 3/4 of a mile away and we don't find it noisy out on the balcony. You also get the ship's prop wash and the horizon as part of your sights. There are also thin and heavy drapes that block out the lights at night or excessive sun's glare in the daytime. The lofts also allow a great all out of light into your cabin because the glass windows extend two floors up.

If you get an water view it is what you would like so in the case your golden. I a would only suggest that you request that you are not given the accessible water view CLS. I really doubt that you would get it, as they hold it for those that need it, but you never know. Having toured it before on a cabin crawl it s a nice cabin but it is set for for wheel chair accessibility and therefore there are smaller changes made in design. I work in healthcare and these features don't phase me but others mght be surprises to see floor wide drians to stop water flow in the shower, grab bars, wider doors, and this loft even has an elevator and stairs. I did hear from my fellow roll caller that the elevator did stop with them in it 2 times requiring maintence to free them.

So the choice is yours but I'd highly suggest you pick deck 17. I am away from home right now but I could post CLS pics when I return home next week if you wish. Let me know. I am happy to hear your employer is taking you and your co-workers on a cruise. My type of Boss. :) I'd want to hold our corporate meetings on the Oasis class ;) but my partners (mom and brother) are not cruisers.

I hope this helps in your decision making.

EDIT, the only thing the CL is missing over the OS is a nice balcony table to dine on.

Hi AL....thanks for the pics and such a thorough review. Great points you make about Deck 17. The OS balcony you posted is huge! I like the furniture too.

Lots of room to entertain.

Deck 17 may indeed win out for the reasons you stated. I just had read some other reviews of ppl that got an L2 but we're extremely unhappy. Perhaps this was before the SLOW and CLK were on 17....

OS all day long.

Any particular reason?

I have yet to see an answer from CaribSailor when I asked a similar question a few months ago.

We were debating between an OS and the AquaTheater suite. We eliminated the Loft due to my bad leg... Just the idea of walking up & down the stairs several times wasn't sitting well with me. And I really didn't like the bathrooms in the accessible loft (with an elevator) IF just ONE of the bathrooms in the loft wasn't set up as a disabled bathroom, we would have booked a loft in a heartbeat!!

It really comes down to what you like to do.... Do you enjoy eating full meals on your balcony or just a snack and a drink? Do you like to people watch or just want to escape it all and only see the ocean on your balcony? Do you want to be steps away from the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen or near an elevator in the middle of the ship?

Too many opinions can make it difficult to decide. Think about what YOU like to do and go from there!!

Edited by LilBlackDress

I have yet to see an answer from CaribSailor when I asked a similar question a few months ago.

We were debating between an OS and the AquaTheater suite. We eliminated the Loft due to my bad leg... Just the idea of walking up & down the stairs several times wasn't sitting well with me. And I really didn't like the bathrooms in the accessible loft (with an elevator) IF just ONE of the bathrooms in the loft wasn't set up as a disabled bathroom, we would have booked a loft in a heartbeat!!

It really comes down to what you like to do.... Do you enjoy eating full meals on your balcony or just a snack and a drink? Do you like to people watch or just want to escape it all and only see the ocean on your balcony? Do you want to be steps away from the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen or near an elevator in the middle of the ship?

Too many opinions can make it difficult to decide. Think about what YOU like to do and go from there!!

Nicer room in my opinion. More room, much nicer balcony. Just watch a few videos of both and you will see. The only good thing about the CL is if you want to stay away from the herd as you are on deck 17 and can frequent the SL/CK.

I have not stayed in an OS but my vote is for a CL.. I stayed in both L1 and L2. I don't think you can go wrong with either. However, I prefer the L2 to people watch. You are also able to see the Boardwalk and Aqua Theatre.

The pitch of the steps isn't bad. My other half has bad knees and there were no complaints about the steps.

The SL also makes the CL more desirable to me. Easy and quick access to the lounge for a beverage or food and back to the room. No waiting on an elevator.

Thanks for this! This is what makes it so difficult. Since I do not have control over where the cabin is located. But ultimately I decided to go with CL. Crossed fingers we get a good location.

Thanks to everyone. :)

I have not stayed in an OS but my vote is for a CL.. I stayed in both L1 and L2. I don't think you can go wrong with either. However, I prefer the L2 to people watch. You are also able to see the Boardwalk and Aqua Theatre.

The pitch of the steps isn't bad. My other half has bad knees and there were no complaints about the steps.

The SL also makes the CL more desirable to me. Easy and quick access to the lounge for a beverage or food and back to the room. No waiting on an elevator.

Thank you. My original fear is getting one of those that overlook the Boardwalk, and other pedestrian areas. However....this is a company cruise, and filled with Co-Workers, so the SL will probably be a good thing to have, to get away from people I talk to every single day. :)

I could have worse problems, right? Heck, not even paying for it! lol ;)

Owner suite has better balcony, much larger bathroom with tub. Crown loft has two smaller bathrooms (no tub). Crown loft is closer to coastal kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner which is a plus. I prefer OS! My husband prefers being closer to suite lounge (coastal kitchen).

Funny note: I just asked him his preference and very excited he thought I was booking something. Now he is sad :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed in March and had OS and my brother had a CLS. They both have good/bad points. We loved the OS due to the huge balcony and more square footage on one level. The bedroom is technically not a separate room, but if it's just the two of you then it's plenty private. You have probably seen the photographs.

If you are going to entertain then the OS is the best for that. We did a sail away cocktail party for 14 in our OS. We had a bar set up with buffet food with two bartenders and a hostess. We had plenty of room and plenty of food and drink. It would have been difficult if not impossible to do that in a CLS.

The biggest positive to the CLS is the proximity to suite lounge and Costal Kitchen. They are just steps away. We were on deck ten so had a little bit of a walk to the suite lounge.

I doubt you could get a bad location for an OS. Personally, I wouldn't want a CLS facing the sports deck. If it's the luck of the draw on CLS location then I would have to go with the OS for the guaranteed privacy.

Oh, another advantage to CLS is the two bathrooms and the huge shower upstairs. I found the shower in the OS to be a little small. CLS doesn't have a tub where the OS has a huge whirlpool tub with separate "small" shower.

Thank you. My original fear is getting one of those that overlook the Boardwalk, and other pedestrian areas. However....this is a company cruise, and filled with Co-Workers, so the SL will probably be a good thing to have, to get away from people I talk to every single day. :)

I could have worse problems, right? Heck, not even paying for it! lol ;)

We had 1730 which is dead center aft and overlooks the entire sports court and Boardwalk and the Aqua Theatre and we LOVED it :) It was an amazing room, the views were great and we never felt like we did not have privacy. When you close the door to the balcony, it is nice and quiet.

I tried to add pictures but for whatever reason, it will not let me :(

Edited by Charger2008