Pizza--what is your opinion?

crusinpsychRN

I like it ok, but my granddaughter and daughter-in-law had it at least once a day.

I think it's better than what they used to have. I do have to admit that I didn't like the mushroom one even though I always order mushrooms on my pizza at home.

As a New Yorker of Italian heritage, I'll just say that there isn't anything like pizza made in an old fashioned joint in the Bronx or Brooklyn.

Just like our bagels, pizza made anywhere else is a poor imitation of the real thing.

Better than before but it is like a cracker with sauce and cheese. As a former NYer not even close to the real stuff.

Better than before but it is like a cracker with sauce and cheese. As a former NYer not even close to the real stuff.

I don't think I've even had a piece. Maybe, once for the pepperoni. And that's in 153 sea days on Carnival. I frequent the aft pool and really don't even like the smell coming from the "pizza" stand.

If it ain't New York pizza, it just ain't.

Edited by evandbob

nope. I was so sad. I was looking forward to the pizza, I didn't know it changed! it didn't seem I could order it anyway I wanted to? they only had set ones. I used to get a pineapple & ham one.

It was way too thin, way too little sauce, way too little cheese.

It was better than on RCL, which says a lot about how bad RCL's was, but not worth getting.

I love the newer pizza. We brought some friends on a cruise and they really liked it too. We went on a second cruise on The Fantasy, which still had the old stuff, and we could not eat it. Everywhere we saw plate after plate of pizza where people took one or two bites and left it. You rarely see that on the newer ships that have the good pizza.

I really like the new pizza as I prefer a thinner crust. If you're really nice to them, you can special order a pizza the way you like it. On a previous cruise, as we were walking past, the guy manning the pizzeria, who had made our special order the day before, asked if we wanted another. He remembered what we ordered and was very nice. It's all in how they are treated.

As a New Yorker of Italian heritage, I'll just say that there isn't anything like pizza made in an old fashioned joint in the Bronx or Brooklyn.

Just like our bagels, pizza made anywhere else is a poor imitation of the real thing.

Like!