Just back from the Gem 9/5 to 9/12 Amazing

Twinmommy37

We just did our first NCL cruise with our 3 year old twins. It was amazing!! The staff, food and Splash academy was wonderful. I have zero complaints about this boat. I was crying the morning we left. My kids loved the camp and so did mommy and daddy lol. We want to possibly try NCL breakaway come May 2016. I want to see if we can do while schools are still in session.

Anyway it was a great trip!

That's great to hear! We've only done the big NCL ships and since NYC is our home port, I'd love to try the Gem but have been a little nervous about "downsizing". The Breakaway and Bermuda are great! I do agree about going when school is out but I'd suggest September instead of May (especially if your kids want to swim!). We've gone to Bermuda in May and most recently, the second week in June. Even in June, the water was too cold for swimming and it was so windy on the beaches....and we even had a day in port where it rained for a while.

We really loved the Gem. I know it is hard , because everyone has different things they like. They were just so wonderful with our kids and made it an enjoyable experience. Plus my son got hurt and ended up in the medical center. When I tell you how great the Drs were. The guest services called twice to check on him and even sent strawberries.

I think September sounds like the best time to go. I definitely agree:)))

Thanks so much everyone

We just did our first NCL cruise with our 3 year old twins. It was amazing!! The staff, food and Splash academy was wonderful. I have zero complaints about this boat. I was crying the morning we left. My kids loved the camp and so did mommy and daddy lol. We want to possibly try NCL breakaway come May 2016. I want to see if we can do while schools are still in session.

Anyway it was a great trip!

So happy to hear you had a good time! We went on the Gem 2 years ago & also loved it. I thought the staff was wonderful. Am going on the Breakaway in November & can't wait.

I think going in September next year would be perfect for you.