Port Address

tim22361

Anyone know the street address for the Ft. Lauderdale port?

Sailing on the Koningsdam

Here is a map.http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/PEG545_MultiMapBrochure_Map_REVISED-Feb-17-2015.pdf and here is the port cruise guide. http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=227358 Edited by FLACRUISER99

Anyone know the street address for the Ft. Lauderdale port?

Sailing on the Koningsdam

The general address for the port is:

Port Everglades

1850 Eller Dr

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

That is not the address for the individual terminal(s) that HAL uses, if that is what you are asking for.

Tim, I don't think you realize how big Port Everglades is.. That's where you will board your ship..:)

IMO it's probably 5 to 10 square miles.. I would bet that POA 1 knows the exact size since he lives over there..

It has 32 berths for both Cargo & Passenger ships..The statistics say that all the berths are more than 25,000 linear feet but who knows when that was last updated.. They are constantly changing & upgrading the roads into the port..

The port has two huge multi floor parking garages & 3 more outside Parking lots which comprise over 5600 parking spaces for cars & trucks.. More than 11,000 people work in the Port..

There are 3 or 4 main entrances into the port..When you take a taxi into the port there is a huge board which directs the drivers into the terminals for your ship..The terminals are large too..There are booths which are manned by guards at all entrances... You may not know which berth the ship will be in until you get to the port.. Normally the port will tell the ships Capt. which berth they will be using a day or two in advance, but I've seen that change at the last minute especially when there are several ships disembarking & embarking on the same day..

If you are giving someone directions, you should first find out which entrance they plan on using & they should pull up directions on line..

Edited by serendipity1499

No, you're right! I don't! lol

Holy cow, that does sound huge! But I don't sail for quite some time, so maybe we can get more specific when I'm closer to sail day.

Just trying to get a general idea of where I'm going and how far it is.

Thanks for all the great info!!

Edited by tim22361

No, you're right! I don't! lol

Holy cow, that does sound huge! But I don't sail for quite some time, so maybe we can get more specific when I'm closer to sail day.

Just trying to get a general idea of where I'm going and how far it is.

Thanks for all the great info!!

There is a wonderful facilities guide & directory which you can down load here.. It says it's the 2015 guide..

http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=265901

We were with two other sailboats & got lost in that general area several years ago when we were trying to sail out of the East coast to the Bahamas.. The weather turned bad & we had to return to port in the dark..3 boats together...It scared the devil out of us ladies even though our Husbands were all extremely good sailors.. At one point we had a cargo ship coming right at us out of the port.. He radioed us to find out what our intentions were.. I was very happy when he passed us by..That's when I decided no more night sailing for me.. I was going to take a plane instead ..LOL:)

Found a 123 page cruise guide for Port Everglades if you are interested in downloading it.. This one def. say 2015..Has a lots of info on hotels cruise lines etc..

http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=227358

BTW in other brochure I mentioned above, they do post the weeks schedule of all the berths, & what ships assigned in those berths...

But for there are several cruise ships list which only says "TBD". Now I'm assuming that means "to be determined" later.. Yes I know what the word assume means...LOL

BTW part of the fun in cruising for me is the planning, but unfortunately I have to stop playing on this forum & make DH's dinner or he might decide to ship me out on the next cruise ship alone..LOL

Edited by serendipity1499

• 5 months later...

Eller Drive is the address for the company that does HAL's ground operations. That is where they have their offices for servicing Port Everglades for the work they do for the various ship/cruise lines they operate.

no matter which security check point you go through, there are big boards indicating which ships are docked at the various piers.

and the taxi drivers always stay on top of where the cruise ships dock.

so -- don't worry -- you will get to the correct pier.

tim22361

it's very hard to hide one of those huge cruise ships. Don't worry..... You'll see the funnel no matter where you are in port everglades at one point or another. :d

Edited by sail7seas