Spinning Napkins and Crumbs Flying Everywhere!

Richjoxyz

Maybe it's just me, but all I can think about when everyone is spinning their napkins in the MDR is crumbs flying EVERYWHERE! Rather than spin my napkin, I duck and cover! INCOMING! MUST PROTECT CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!

Edited by Richjoxyz

Maybe it's just me, but all I can think about when everyone is spinning their napkins in the MDR is crumbs flying EVERYWHERE! Rather than spin my napkin, I duck and cover! INCOMING! MUST PROTECT CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE![/

you need to eat at the buffet on the lido!!:)

Maybe it's just me, but all I can think about when everyone is spinning their napkins in the MDR is crumbs flying EVERYWHERE! Rather than spin my napkin, I duck and cover! INCOMING! MUST PROTECT CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!

Sis does the same thing. She calls it The Dirty Napkin Dance. :D

I am the OP, and trust me, I love cruising, I love Carnival, and there are very few times I have missed diner in the MDF. But when I see those napkins come out, and start spinning, all I can think of is how many crumbs are landing on my head.

Usually my chocolate melting cake and two scoops of ice cream are still sitting on my waiters tray, waiting for the song to be over, collecting all the wayward crumbs as the ice cream slowly melts in front of my eyes. If I only didn't have that second lobster tail, the ice cream would be on my table by now...

I like the idea of crumb insurance, lol, I will look for that on my next travel policy!

I agree, Carnival owes me a free cruise due to willful neglect to protect my ice cream from crumbs.

Edited by Richjoxyz

I am the OP, and trust me, I love cruising, I love Carnival, and there are very few times I have missed diner in the MDF. But when I see those napkins come out, and start spinning, all I can think of is how many crumbs are landing on my head.

Usually my chocolate melting cake and two scoops of ice cream are still sitting on my waiters tray, waiting for the song to be over, collecting all the wayward crumbs as the ice cream slowly melts in front of my eyes. If I only didn't have that second lobster tail, the ice cream would be on my table by now...

I like the idea of crumb insurance, lol, I will look for that on my next travel policy!

I agree, Carnival owes me a free cruise due to willful neglect to protect my ice cream from crumbs.

You guys are cracking me up. HEHE. I needed a good laugh.

I thought I was the only one that hated the Dirty Napkin Dance. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was done at the beginning of dinner before food was served.

I actually had food fly onto my entree by the lady at the next table over twirling her napkin. Yuck!

I thought I was the only one that hated the Dirty Napkin Dance. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was done at the beginning of dinner before food was served.

I actually had food fly onto my entree by the lady at the next table over twirling her napkin. Yuck!

Oh no!! NapkinGate!:D

We once had a crazy person sling a napkin and lean on our table/plates overlooking the lower level MDR, while we were still eating!! After a couple of FLASHES from my camera directly in his eyes, he stumbled back to where ever he came from.....country not mentioned on purpose....:mad:

And I thought the terrible singing and dancing were enough to ruin my dinner/dessert!! :)

Thankfully, by the time that the excitement begins, we have now begun to duck out and either order room service or go the buffet for dessert.

Don't get me wrong, we used to enjoy the fun, but lately the same old songs/dances are really quite boring. 20 years ago, they used to dance with Flaming Baked Alaska on their heads, and I don't recall the same dance songs on each cruise, until around 2010 or so. ( true the flaming part was dangerous, hence it was stopped....even though it was fun and exciting.)

Today. well a Pineapple glued to a hat, or something is all we see and the same old songs and dances (Gangnam Style...ring a bell:rolleyes:), performed by staff who would rather not be there doing that.....:confused:

This my opinion, and yes sometimes we do enjoy the "show" if the MDR staff really step it a notch or two. :D

Do they do the dances in the your time dining room as well?

Yes, they do. The entire MDR is not YTD, but depending on what time you are there & for how long, you might miss it. OK if that's what you want.

We enjoy the entertainment. We're at a 2-top at 6:00 seating, and we finish our meal & dessert before the surrounding 10-tops. I ask our waiter if there will be entertainment that night. We stick around if there is and if there isn't, we're out of there so the waitstaff can clean our table & get it ready for the 8:15 guests.

Edited by Sparky2

The last two times we sailed on Carnival we didn't have the "Napkin Waving" thing. We did My Time. No problem. We didn't miss not doing it.

We've never seen Napkin waving, but have seen "the show" ("Time for the show! It's time for the show!") every night in the dining room.

Which song do people wave napkins to?