Will the cruise director that says "Bing Bong" be on Enchantment in March?

Gator0178

He is defn a great cruise director IMHO. Anyone that I have taken on a cruise with him as the CD never forgets him or the cruise.

I couldn't even tell you for my cruise in Jan on BOS who the cruise director was, or even if they were male or female. While it didn't ruin the cruise, it certainly makes it less memorable for me.

I know Marc is leaving RCI soon. I defn want to get one last cruise in with him before then.

• 1 month later...
I thought Chubby Bunny was Jamie Fentiman

Definitely Marc Walker. Just got off Enchantment this morning. Marc's Chubby Bunny video shown before the show on Saturday night was hilarious!

Anyone have a link to any of his Chubby Bunny videos? I'd love to show them to my husband.

Pretty sure it was Marc who started all these things originally. While others may now implement it or use, my understanding is he is the one who started things like the "chubby bunny" Bing bong" things that we associate with RCI.

Could be, but if he is such an innovator, what is he doing on a 3rd tier ship?

Many cruise directors prefer the smaller and more intimate ships because they can be more involved in all the activities, more interactive with the passengers, and they have more freedom to do their own thing. On the larger ships, the CD has less of an overall impact as the activities staff handles more and more of the events (the CD cannot be in 2-3 places at once). It's why Graham Seymour requested a transfer from Freedom to Rhapsody, why Amy soared in popularity and effectiveness when she moved from Oasis to Serenade, etc.

Marc will be moving to Majesty in May 2016 to bring that ship to Port Canaveral. He plans to retire shortly after that (after 20 years with the company) to spend more time with his family.

Edited by DonnaK

Marc and his family have settled in Central Florida. Not many cruise directors can visit the family twice a week on turn around day ;)

He is also retiring in the area as he just built a new home here!

From what I know, his family lives nearby, he has just built a brand new house there and he liked the fact that by doing the 3/4 night cruises out of P.C. he got to see his family more often. So the only choices for ships were Monarch and now Enchantment.

And I defn plan on doing one last cruise with him before he leaves, as he was my first CD ever and was part of the reason I fell in love with cruising. Majesty is going there once she is updated and he wil be the CD on her till he retires in 2016 from what I hear.

Edited by monctonguy

On the hotel side size does not matter when it comes to salary.

That seems hard to believe since staff is so much larger on a bigger ship. Oasis has almost 3 times the passengers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk