Anthem Questions

Glamourgal

Hi, I am booked on a 5-Night Bermuda cruise in May 2016. I'm a little confused with the Dining and Entertainment on the Anthem.

1. From what I am reading here I will be able to book my dining about 8 months out, is that correct?

2. For each of the complimentary restaurants...which are the ones that are most like the traditional dining on other ships?

3. Do the menus change every night in the restaurants and if that is the case how do you pre-determine which restaurant you want to dine in?

4. I've noticed that in the Grande, they have lobster...I'm assuming that you can't have lobster every night...can you eat there more than one night on a cruise?

5. I will also want to pre-book the shows. What shows are available to pre-book and what times are they? I will need to know that in order to make my dining reservations.

6. Regarding activities such as North Star, I-Fly and bumper cars...Can you pre-book the times for those as well?

Sorry for all of the questions...Thanks in advance for any help!!

I can answer a few questions:

The menus do not change every night. I believe they change once per cruise.

You can eat at Grande every night if you wish.

To my knowledge, dining reservations open before show reservations, so I do not believe that you will know the show schedule before you are able to make dining reservations.

Hi, I am booked on a 5-Night Bermuda cruise in May 2016. I'm a little confused with the Dining and Entertainment on the Anthem.

1. From what I am reading here I will be able to book my dining about 8 months out, is that correct?

This can vary. I am sailing on Anthem in two months time and I believe it was more like 6 months out when dining became available.

2. For each of the complimentary restaurants...which are the ones that are most like the traditional dining on other ships?

If you mean formal dress, go with the Grande. If you want smart casual, pick any of the other options.

3. Do the menus change every night in the restaurants and if that is the case how do you pre-determine which restaurant you want to dine in?

Menus do not change every night. You can view sample menus on Royal Caribbean's website.

4. I've noticed that in the Grande, they have lobster...I'm assuming that you can't have lobster every night...can you eat there more than one night on a cruise?

You can eat at the Grande every night if you wish and have lobster every night if you wish. Just remember that this is a formal dining option and jackets/ties will be required for each night.

5. I will also want to pre-book the shows. What shows are available to pre-book and what times are they? I will need to know that in order to make my dining reservations.

For my Anthem cruise in October we can currently book "The Gift", "Spectra's Cabaret" and "We Will Rock You". There are options for evening or matinee shows. I'm told we will be able to book others online eventually.

6. Regarding activities such as North Star, I-Fly and bumper cars...Can you pre-book the times for those as well?

Yes. I have North Star and I Fly booked. Still waiting for bumper cars to be available.

If you haven't checked out your cruise planner on the RC website, have a look. It has lots of great info.

Thanks so much Cayman...this is a big help. Can you please tell me, for your cruise, what times the show are scheduled for? I just want to have an idea so when I can book my dining that I don't miss the shows. I'm going with a friend and we generally like to go to dinner around 6 or 6:30.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help. I have gone on to my cruise planner and did find a lot of info but I was just a little confused by the dining. I'd much rather have everything planned before my cruise so I don't have to worry about it once on the cruise.

yes I sailed in May and booked dining mid-Sept

The Grande is formal dining, Silk is Asian style food, Chic and American Icon are like MDR menus mixture of dishes

If you are eating around 6/6.30 you will have no problem we went to see Spectras Cabaret at 9pm and there was an earlier show too, WWRY was later 10pm I think we went to see it

Bumper cars are open usually a few hours a day it will show you in cruise compass and in seaplex, no pre-booking required just queue up as if you were at fun fair. We didn't have north star booking available just queued. Note whilst in port north star will only go up and down not out to sides

We sailed 3 nights in May, can't answer all your questions as so much info to take in when we were there, hope this helps

Michelle

Guest maddycat

We're sailing on the Anthem in April. I was able to book all of our dining reservations last March. I was also able to reserve our arrival time at the port. That was important since we like to arrive and check in around 11 am. When I tried to book shows I was told that it wasn't available until much closer to the cruise.

Is there a charge for the bumper cars,,I fly,, or north star?

No charge for bumper cars and north star. I believe you get one minute free on the iFly, and can purchase more time if you like. Not sure if that free iFly time is one minute per day or per cruise.

Edited by clarea

We were on the Q and the IFly is amazing. One minute seems much longer than you might think. If you should find that all of the times are booked...go to IFly...they have a standby line because there is no cost for the reservation or time many people do not show up. You cannot take a camera into the IFly with you...the ship photographer is there taking pics and if you know someone that is not doing the IFly, they can also take pics from outside of the "see through" cylinder.

NorthStar, IMHO, was highly overrated. The line for the bumper cars moved relatively quick. Make sure you check the hot dog stand. On the Q they had chicken/apple hot dogs that were spectacular!

Thanks so much Cayman...this is a big help. Can you please tell me, for your cruise, what times the show are scheduled for? I just want to have an idea so when I can book my dining that I don't miss the shows. I'm going with a friend and we generally like to go to dinner around 6 or 6:30.

We Will Rock You is available on Day 2 at 2:30 PM or 9:00 PM or Day 3 at 9:00 PM.

Spectra's Cabaret is available on Days 2 (9:15pm), 4 (7:30 pm or 9:30pm), 5 (7:45 pm or 10:30 pm) , 6 (8:00 pm), 7 (8:00 pm), and 9 (10:30 pm).

The Gift is available Day 10 (7 pm or 9 pm) and Day 11 (9:00 pm).

There may have been other times available that are booked.