Princess ex Australia cruise .... and cereal

to_dee

I will preface this by saying this is not important but there have been so many Qs in our house in reference to our forthcoming SYD/SYD Diamond Princess NZ cruise so here goes an odd one that keeps coming up..... what cereals do Princess typically offer in the buffet?

I believe the under 10 set is hoping for " holiday" grade cereals eg coco pops that sort of thing :p. I think the expectations have been raised as we did a Disney cruise and there were doughnuts offered at breakfast which was pretty mega exciting as you can imagine...this was my child's face :eek: whoooaaaaa doughnuts. To be fair it was probably my face too LOL whoo gotta love holiday fare yummy :o

How about chocolate croissants? Very nice they were too.

Can't answer your question about cereals though, I rarely eat cereal and when I do it's something low sugar - the opposite of what I suspect your under 10 set wants. ;)

Hey this is important stuff to a 10 year old.

Now I preface this by saying I haven't been on Diamond (Yet, just 36 more days though if I was counting).

But last time they had most cereals that you would find in Australia, in "Variety Packs" and they definitely had Coco-pops and Fruit Loops among them at least some days.

I'm not a big cereal eater so didn't pay a lot of attention but know I saw both of those.

Following this thread. I love cereal! But I've never cruised on Princess so I can't help the OP.

On my Royal Caribbean cruise, we had about 6-8 different cereals in the buffet. A fairly wide selection including muesli, sugary type for kids, and things like weetbix. They were all American brands that we don't have here, so it was fun to try a different one each morning. They also had dried fruit and nuts that made for great toppings.

Thanks for all the super quick replies ...... sounds promising and i shall update my gang over weet bix tomorrow morning with yr info ;) ..dang now i am getting hungry just thinking about all the treats that will be on offer on the cruise :o

Edited by to_dee

Thanks for all the super quick replies ...... sounds promising and i shall update my gang over weet bix tomorrow morning with yr info ;) ..dang now i am getting hungry just thinking about all the treats that will be on offer on the cruise :o

Now if it's weet bix, I think you'll find them in a two pack.;):p:cool:

I will preface this by saying this is not important but there have been so many Qs in our house in reference to our forthcoming SYD/SYD Diamond Princess NZ cruise so here goes an odd one that keeps coming up..... what cereals do Princess typically offer in the buffet?

I believe the under 10 set is hoping for " holiday" grade cereals eg coco pops that sort of thing :p. I think the expectations have been raised as we did a Disney cruise and there were doughnuts offered at breakfast which was pretty mega exciting as you can imagine...this was my child's face :eek: whoooaaaaa doughnuts. To be fair it was probably my face too LOL whoo gotta love holiday fare yummy :o

There are at least 8-10 varieties in the individual serve packs and oatmeal if you like. Not sure if Coco pops were there ?

Enjoy your cruise.

How about chocolate croissants? Very nice they were too.

Can't answer your question about cereals though, I rarely eat cereal and when I do it's something low sugar - the opposite of what I suspect your under 10 set wants. ;)

Sign ME up! :D choc croissant yummo

And yes you are so right ...we dont have the high sugar ones in the house but on holidays I say go for it

I think they also have grits available, or is that Holland America .?

I havent tried grits before...heard of it...if I see it I'll give it a go.

Oh now that I am in a breakfast frame of mind ...eggs benny would be my idea of holiday heaven breakfast - I hope they have that too :D

Sign ME up! :D choc croissant yummo

And yes you are so right ...we dont have the high sugar ones in the house but on holidays I say go for it

I havent tried grits before...heard of it...if I see it I'll give it a go.

Oh now that I am in a breakfast frame of mind ...eggs benny would be my idea of holiday heaven breakfast - I hope they have that too :D

Yep there'll be Eggs Benny:D, unless I get there first in which case they may well run out:eek:.

pancakes

waffles - with all the expected toppings

not to mention

muffins

yoghurts

toast

bacon snags

eggs anyway you wish

Please don't be afraid to ask nicely and servers will assist where possible.

I don't think the kiddy-lids will be hard to please in finding what they enjoy!

My grandie just munched on pancakes for brekkie and she was very happy.

come on back after the cruise and let us know how things went

enjoy your cruise :D

I think they also have grits available, or is that Holland America .?

We went on our first and last RCI cruise last Xmas. They had grits at breakfast. Try it once and you'll wonder why people eat it when there is better food available.

To Dee,

On Princess they have quite a lot to choose for breakfast, cereals in packets, lots of fruit, pastries, you can get eggs benedict which is really yum, they will even make your eggs just how you like them when asked. My favourite is waffles and cream with either fruit or jam.

If the Diamond Princess has an International Cafe they would also serve breakfast there but not sure what though, we are just updating from Dawn Princess to Golden Princess in a few weeks, this is her first time in Oz, there are more places to eat on her, the Diamond Princess is in the same class as the Golden Princess.

'Have a great cruise to NZ, you can even do a tour from Tauranga to Hobbitville where the films were made'

Regards,:):)

We went on our first and last RCI cruise last Xmas. They had grits at breakfast. Try it once and you'll wonder why people eat it when there is better food available.

It's a real education isn't it. The last time I was in the states I almost had to get physical with the waitress at a diner to stop her pouring Maple Syrup on my Ham and Eggs.

pancakes

waffles - with all the expected toppings

not to mention...

eggs anyway you wish

:D

You have to learn the lingo as to what to ask for with your eggs.They have so many descriptions and options..

Sunny Side Up

Over Easy ,Over Medium , Over well etc.

You have to learn the lingo as to what to ask for with your eggs.They have so many descriptions and options..

Sunny Side Up

Over Easy ,Over Medium , Over well etc.

Eggs sound so sensible now that I am hearing pancakes...waffles yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LMAO @ bfast wrestle oh my the maple syrup on eggs. We saw a lot of that served up on a a Disneyland visit. Mega sugar hit indeed!

Eggs sound so sensible now that I am hearing pancakes...waffles yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LMAO @ bfast wrestle oh my the maple syrup on eggs. We saw a lot of that served up on a a Disneyland visit. Mega sugar hit indeed!

Unfortunately the syrup served onboard Princess ships is not real maple syrup. It just corn syrup and isn't very nice. :(

Unfortunately the syrup served onboard Princess ships is not real maple syrup. It just corn syrup and isn't very nice. :(

Real or not it is too sugary for this diabetic bloke. Keep eating that sort of garbage and you may well be the same way soon.