25%off offer and others deals.

welshfamily

Advice needed please.

My TA has rung me re a offer which is giving 25% of Suites and Balcony cabins.

We are looking at high season next year.

As we have only sailed once this August I am therefore not used to Azamara's offers.

The summer cruises were not included in the buy an inside get a balcony offer.

Does Azamara usually give 25% off selected cruises each year? Or is this a one off due to the refit.

We have two suites this year8053/8055, although we loved them we were not in them a great deal. Would we find Balcony cabins small ?

I know booking cruises with all the deals about is a mine field but I don't really know what a 'good' per day rate is?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you all.

To date Azamara has regularly offered UK guests offers - all differ as you can see eg 25% off, inside for outside, they even had a BOGOF offer last year. It all depends how well things are selling I think how many offers you can see.

Just be aware, the offers are not as good as they may look, we have some bookings on sailings covered by the 25% off that we booked previously - we are still better off on all of them, so I still am of the view, until proved wrong, that booking early is better in the UK (IT IS OFTEN DIFFERENT IN OTHER COUNTRIES!)

Advice needed please.

My TA has rung me re a offer which is giving 25% of Suites and Balcony cabins.

We are looking at high season next year.

As we have only sailed once this August I am therefore not used to Azamara's offers.

The summer cruises were not included in the buy an inside get a balcony offer.

Does Azamara usually give 25% off selected cruises each year? Or is this a one off due to the refit.

We have two suites this year8053/8055, although we loved them we were not in them a great deal. Would we find Balcony cabins small ?

I know booking cruises with all the deals about is a mine field but I don't really know what a 'good' per day rate is?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you all.

Hi welshfamily, as uktog suggests there isnt any real pattern here, and depends on sales and also incentives for agents.

We're sailing towards the end of this month in a v2 without incentive, but have rome to athens booked in june 2016 with inside to balcony upgrade, and the same upgrade again in march 2017 from sydney to singapore, but also with $1600 OBC.

We use a canadian TA.

David

Hello Welshfamily,

As said above, it is always best to buy early, or whenever you see a special offered in your market that fits your needs.

Specials are never 'across the board' to all sailings / categories, and they are are always short-lived. So if you're watching for something and it comes along, best to act.

Quote "We have two suites this year8053/8055, although we loved them we were not in them a great deal. Would we find Balcony cabins small ?"

Sorry, missed this part of your question.

For us, no issue and the extra space in the suite whilst appreciated, isn't worth the extra money. All subjective of course, but we spend very little time in the cabin and the extra space for us isn't required. A drink, or a breakfast or dinner on ANY balcony is special, and the 'junior' balcony cabins are adequate for this.

David

David - a $1600 OBC? Really?

I want to book the same cruise in June 2016, but the best OBC for inside is $300 that I could find in the US. Is that good or should I look for different TA?

Hi I can't comment on what kinds of deals your TA can produce, and whether thats a good deal or not, sorry.

The OBC quoted in my earlier post was for the 18 night cruise from Sydney in 2017. Its made up by $500 pp from AZ and $600 from my agent.

I don't have any OBC for the cruise in June and wasn't offered any, but did manage to get the double upgrade offer.

David

Edited by 150edmiston

Hi I can't comment on what kinds of deals your TA can produce, and whether thats a good deal or not, sorry.

The OBC quoted in my earlier post was for the 18 night cruise from Sydney in 2017. Its made up by $500 pp from AZ and $600 from my agent.

I don't have any OBC for the cruise in June and wasn't offered any, but did manage to get the double upgrade offer.

David

Well, yes a 18 night would make sense for a higher OBC, and I know we can only say so much about TA on here. The wife and I are more the independent travelers do it on your own, and only a handful of cruises on different lines, but this June 2016 cruise ticks off our travel bucket list. Looks like a very nice cruise, and maybe see you on board

Thanks

Well, yes a 18 night would make sense for a higher OBC, and I know we can only say so much about TA on here. The wife and I are more the independent travelers do it on your own, and only a handful of cruises on different lines, but this June 2016 cruise ticks off our travel bucket list. Looks like a very nice cruise, and maybe see you on board

Thanks

There is a roll call for this cruise. Not much action on it thus far tho.

We have gone ahead and booked for next summer.

First time we have booked a cruise this far out.

We have also decided to go for a balcony.

Well...... To be honest we have driven our TA crazy with our indecision and are still contemplating moving back to a suite.

The cruise is very port intensive with all late nights, two over nights and only one sea day which influenced our decision as we honestly didn't spend a lot of time in the suite on the last more relaxed cruise.

Anyone fancy the summer holiday cruise next August!

We have gone ahead and booked for next summer.

First time we have booked a cruise this far out.

We have also decided to go for a balcony.

Well...... To be honest we have driven our TA crazy with our indecision and are still contemplating moving back to a suite.

The cruise is very port intensive with all late nights, two over nights and only one sea day which influenced our decision as we honestly didn't spend a lot of time in the suite on the last more relaxed cruise.

Anyone fancy the summer holiday cruise next August!

We are also doing one next August and like you, we are not having a suite as its so port intensive. I do not subscribe to the view that a suite is the only acceptable room onboard and like to balance the budget once in a while.

My husband once said, it's iceanview or no cruise if you want this extra cruise. You know what it was a med cruise and we never missed the balcony!

It's the bathroom space we are worried about missing. Son is 6 foot 5 or in Azamara terms 5 feet 17 inches.

We are doing the Rome to Rome cruise. Very port intensive but even though we have been to most ports before we all agreed this cruise was too good to miss.

Re oceanview.

What a good idea. Thank you.

I wonder if saving money of this cruise would mean my husband would agree to another.

It's the bathroom space we are worried about missing. Son is 6 foot 5 or in Azamara terms 5 feet 17 inches.

So am I, and we book verandas when the itinerary or the promotion terms make a veranda better value. The bathroom size is no issue. The "only a suite is good enough for me" attitude makes me roll my eyes.