Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

Friends of ours said you do disembark very early on RCI.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I left the Anthem of the Seas last Sunday at 8am. Not exactly early (but still too early for me!)

On celebrity solstice class the cabin corridors have the doors from the lift/stairs area closed until all the cabins are ready. So you cannot drop off your carry ons until they announce that cabins are ready. Not a problem for us, we always ensure we have the very minimum carry on items and these fit easily in one small bag, so we don't require the cabins to be ready when we board.

Same on most Royal Caribbean ships

I worked out that if you have Aurora, take out the suites and caribbeans, you end up with about 500 people per hour , to board in the 3 hours between 1pm and 4pm.

Now if you add into that people turning up early cos the cat said they could, you can see why the terminal gets full up.

Rather than go with the kick people off at the crack of dawn as some lines seem to do, they are going with the slightly later kick off times.

However its played the crew need time to clean the ship...properly...

Another idea let people board from 12.00 mid day, but all fire doors closed, so all you can do is go to the 1-2 bars open or the buffet. Or would people like to comment on what is wrong with that.

I worked out that if you have Aurora, take out the suites and caribbeans, you end up with about 500 people per hour , to board in the 3 hours between 1pm and 4pm.

Now if you add into that people turning up early cos the cat said they could, you can see why the terminal gets full up.

Rather than go with the kick people off at the crack of dawn as some lines seem to do, they are going with the slightly later kick off times.

However its played the crew need time to clean the ship...properly...

Another idea let people board from 12.00 mid day, but all fire doors closed, so all you can do is go to the 1-2 bars open or the buffet. Or would people like to comment on what is wrong with that.

Good idea. I am sure most passengers wouldn't mind the doors being closed. When we sailed on Arcadia last year we noticed that the doors were closed but we normally don't go to our cabins until about 3.30 pm anyway.

Think the fire doors is a good idea for passengers but wouldn't work with crew dashing round to get everything ready IMO.

Update from FB from someone hoping to board this afternoon. Especially important for those travelling by coach and who've been told they will go straight to check-in when they arrive.

Check in chaos , check in suspended due to hold-up in security, arrived by coach at 12.45 will have to wait till at least 3 to check in. Not good

Edited by tartanexile81

Think the fire doors is a good idea for passengers but wouldn't work with crew dashing round to get everything ready IMO.

Update from FB from someone hoping to board this afternoon. Especially important for those travelling by coach and who've been told they will go straight to check-in when they arrive.

Check in chaos , check in suspended due to hold-up in security, arrived by coach at 12.45 will have to wait till at least 3 to check in. Not good

:(:(

Why not?

The new security arrangements are part of the new embarkation process. if you read Chris Eddington's statement he explains that.

The way I read it, and I might be wrong, is that there were too many people going through security and someone did say they had never seen the Ocean terminal as full as it was today, so yes it is P and O's fault. However it is seen, this didn't happen until the new change in check in.:confused::confused:

The mother of a friend of mine works part time in the Terminals and she is definitely employed by the Port Authority, not the cruise lines. She has told stories of how rude some passengers can be!

Yes, they are employed by the port authority but P&O pay them for their services. P&O are their customer so should expect a certain level of service.

That was posted at 13.30 yesterday but the OP never came back on to let people know what happened in the end. Was he moaning for the sake of it? And we don't know what his official boarding time was anyway. It might have been 3pm for all we know!

He arrived by coach...but he doesn't say if it was an "official" P &O organised coach. If it wasn't he won't be covered by the new arrangements.

The mother of a friend of mine works part time in the Terminals and she is definitely employed by the Port Authority, not the cruise lines. She has told stories of how rude some passengers can be!

Well i accept that some people are rude and that is unacceptable, but some staff are incompetent as well and need better training.

What's the departure times off P&O ships at Southampton ? We have only been on Caribbean cruises with P&O.

The couple of times we have got off the Ventura in Southampton ,from what I can recall the times were from 8am or thereabouts for passengers with there own cases with them .Disembark for Priority also went around this time.

The ship from then on went on a colour code that you were given , we were BLUE and had to put a label on our cases with that colour ,

which we had put out for collection the night before.

Each colour was announced about 15 minutes apart , our time was 10am both times .

The first time we did not get away until around 10.30am but on our last visit to the Ventura an officer walked by us as we sat in the Red Bar

and told us " ....

You can make your way off now as we are ahead of time with disembarkation"

So on that occasion we were on our way home for 9.15am

What would be the latest time they would call a colour to disembark using that system I do not know but sure others on these boards

could tell you that.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by kalos

We are on the Arcadia next month, just had our tickets and it's a 1pm boarding time..we come by Eavesway coaches so won't be there till 2.30pm...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They would not know how you are arriving, as they do not have Eavesway as their coach company now.

Theorectically you should board as soon as the coach gets there.

Well i accept that some people are rude and that is unacceptable, but some staff are incompetent as well and need better training.

I always wondered if P&O got their check in staff from the WI or similar, but that's probably a slur on the WI.;):rolleyes:

Certainly the Celebrity check in staff at City Terminal are much younger and far more efficient.

They would not know how you are arriving, as they do not have Eavesway as their coach company now.

Theorectically you should board as soon as the coach gets there.

My thoughts as well, at least we won't be early...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot believe this as one reads so many posts from sensitive and eloquent people on this forum and surely they are the passengers?

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I always wondered if P&O got their check in staff from the WI or similar, but that's probably a slur on the WI.;):rolleyes:

Certainly the Celebrity check in staff at City Terminal are much younger and far more efficient.

I have never had any issues with P&O's lovely check in babes, the way they greet you with the sexy smiles and chat. I always seem to get through to boarding very efficiently.

Regards John

How is it suddenly the fault of the ladies at check in? It's not their choice as to how the check in process is set up. They just get the flack and have to keep smiling.:confused: