Infinity Has Left the Heart of San Francisco Bay

MTJSR

That's why we booked the Pacific coastal on Princess!

And are wary of the dreanforce time period....esp on X.

We are booked on Infinity for late Oct 2016 to ABC Islands,,,....looking forward to it

But agree we are all lucky to be cruising!

Edited by hcat

Agree with "X" over Princess. My 2nd cruise w/ Princess was in July - British Isles - due to itinerary. I made the statement that I preferred "X." Someone at our table replied that she had never heard that before! We enjoyed our cruise, but "X" is much better!!!

Warmest greetings from Mr and Mrs Joseph S Schmoe who jointly attended Dreamforce while representing the Schmoes of Tallahassee.

FWIW, Celebrity had a booth in the exhibit area of Dreamforce this year. The booth seemed to be mostly geared towards corporate travel coordinators and had handouts displaying agent commissions. It was an education. Mr Schmoe briefly spoke with the CSR manning the booth. During the exchange of pleasantries, it became obvious that the efforts of the CSR were focused on recruiting new business.

The Schmoes attended Dreamforce 4-5 years ago when it was first opened up to the public. It was OK. By happenstance, we were in the Bay Area during Dreamforce during this years event. SF hotels rooms were simply unavailable at anything approaching a competitive rate. Rooms formerly available for $129 on a last minute purchase now cost $300-400+. We had to do AirBnB down the peninsula. 170,000 attendees all of whom seemed to remain in the area of the convention center. Once we got away from the convention center, Dreamforce was not an issue. 4-5 years ago there was minimal diversity...80/20 male/female. This year, Mr Schmoe would estimate the split at 60/40. Lots of $$ spent on the after-parties. During our initial visit, one of the exhibitors hired some very attractive models to distribute $2 bills to conference attendees (ie they would stuff money into your clothes when you walked by the booth). Mrs. Schmoe still carries the $2 bill that she scored. We did not see that this year but we did get to visit a keynote that featured Jessica Alba. So close yet so far away.

One of the junior Schmoes (female) enjoys employment as an engineer for a large tech company in San Jose. She enjoyed the experience and, believe it or not, we had an educational family experience.

Mr Schmoe also observed that the conference was mostly staffed by salesman selling to other salesmen. Many of the exhibitors offered software that had the capability parsing data in wonderous ways. When Mr. Schmoe tried to question the CSR's about the mechanics of their algorithm, no one had the knowledge to discuss it. We were faced with some very expensive software being peddled by employees who had no clue as to what they were peddling....interesting.

Next years show seems to be scheduled for the first week in October in SF. The conference is now large enough so that an eventual move to LV may be considered. Benioff says that it will not happen. We'll see.

At any rate, the Schmoes plan to be somewhere else.

Life's not easy when you are a Schmoe

Agree with "X" over Princess. My 2nd cruise w/ Princess was in July - British Isles - due to itinerary. I made the statement that I preferred "X." Someone at our table replied that she had never heard that before! We enjoyed our cruise, but "X" is much better!!!

I believe we bumped in to you at the "Gravity Bar" on top the Guiness store in Dublin.

You and others we met from the Royal that day wished you where on our ship!

Picture of your ship in Dublin port from the stern of the Silhouette:

DSC01869_1.jpg

We will never again book a Celebrity Pacific Coastal cruise in September. Our September 2015 cruise was cancelled because Celebrity chartered the ship (Infinity) for the DreamForce convention and it was used as a floating hotel??? Still quite unhappy about this but at least we hadn't already booked our flights!!!