Infinity Has Left the Heart of San Francisco Bay

MTJSR

The Infinity has spent the last week with us performing a spectacular job as a Hotel for our DreamForce 2015 Convention. She just sailed out to sea under the Golden Gate bridge on a clear sunny day. Not often we get Celebrity here, it was nice while it lasted.

Camera_1.jpg

Would love to see X do more out of SFO.

Preach it, sister!

We "settle" for Princess when we want a local cruise getaway without airports, but having more =X= in town would be icing on the cake. But I'm not holding me breath as they're making higher per diems elsewhere.

But we can dream.......

We "settle" for Princess

Interesting.....my buddy the Celebrity-A-Holic, loves the aft balconies on X but otherwise says close your eyes and they are the same product. Reading the reviews I'd conclude the same thing.

Always a subjective evaluation, but the differences between X vs P couldn't be like a Silversea vs Carnival would be.

Edited by MTJSR

Interesting.....my buddy the Celebrity-A-Holic, loves the aft balconies on X but otherwise says close your eyes and they are the same product. Reading the reviews I'd conclude the same thing.

Always a subjective evaluation, but the differences between X vs P couldn't be like a Silversea vs Carnival would be.

I agree =X= vs Princess is apples to apples when it comes to the players within the league, it's just that we prefer =X= when it comes to favorites among

its peers!

I disagree. Celebrity is a step up from Princess. Two years ago we sailed the Constellation in May and the Sapphire in September. The Celebrity cruise was so much better from food to entertainment to service that I doubt we will ever sail Princess again. But to each his own.

I agree =X= vs Princess is apples to apples when it comes to the players within the league, it's just that we prefer =X= when it comes to favorites among

its peers!

Yep, and just like with an "apples to apples" comparison, some apples are better suited for different purposes than others. Apples taste different from each other, and some are better for eating, some better for pies, some better for apple juice, etc. They certainly aren't all the same. And just like with apples, I have my favorites - Celebrity over Princess any day. It's better than Princess for everything! :D

Edited by SantaFeFan

Interesting.....my buddy the Celebrity-A-Holic, loves the aft balconies on X but otherwise says close your eyes and they are the same product.

That is not saying much. If I close my eyes, I couldn't tell if I was in a hotel or on Pricess, on Celebrity, on Carnival, or in my own home. EVERYTHING looks the same with your eyes closed! ;)

Edited by sloopsailor

Definitely more sailings for Pacific Coastal.

Ours was cancelled for Sept 2016. A charter replaced it. Still really angry about that. Hoping it will appear again in 2017 and this time be a go.

Our Infinity cruise (ABC islands) was cancelled along with others, so ship could be used as a hotel for Dreamforce.......managed to re book a later date despite Celeb stringing us along...

Beware of the same time frame as it may again be used as a floating hotel.

We are loyal X cruisers so far but looking forward to California Coastal on Ruby Princess in 2017...

I disagree. Celebrity is a step up from Princess. Two years ago we sailed the Constellation in May and the Sapphire in September. The Celebrity cruise was so much better from food to entertainment to service that I doubt we will ever sail Princess again. But to each his own.

My experience also. I was a one and done on Princess. Had no desire to go with them again. Our first Celebrity cruise was the first time we ever booked another while on board. 5 years later and I'm still booking Celebrity cruises.

Definitely more sailings for Pacific Coastal.

Ours was cancelled for Sept 2016. A charter replaced it. Still really angry about that. Hoping it will appear again in 2017 and this time be a go.

We were supposed to be on Infinity right now on a 14 nighter....until Celebrity sold out to a convention...and then our B2B Alaska and West coast for 2016...same...redeployed. We won't look for another West Coast cruise with Celebrity. Still upset about both of those "dream cruises" being altered and eventually cancelled. But...I have to put it into perspective, at least we have lots of options, including the option to vacation.