How much weight do you usually gain on your cruise?

tbmrt

Usually 3-4 pounds, whether it's a 7 day or 28 day cruise. On longer cruises, we quickly get past the novelty of having food/drink in our faces at all hours of the day and night and eat less during the later part of the cruise. As others have mentioned, any extra food and drink is partly offset by extra walking. For some reason, cruise pounds seem to disappear very quickly upon returning home, so much of it is probably water retention from all the extra salt.

Usually 3-4 pounds, whether it's a 7 day or 28 day cruise. On longer cruises, we quickly get past the novelty of having food/drink in our faces at all hours of the day and night and eat less during the later part of the cruise. As others have mentioned, any extra food and drink is partly offset by extra walking. For some reason, cruise pounds seem to disappear very quickly upon returning home, so much of it is probably water retention from all the extra salt.

The salt is a factor, I usually gain 3-4 lbs on a 7 day cruise and it and sometimes more is gone within a week of getting back home to a low salt diet.

I usually gain 7-8 pounds on a 7 day cruise. It's mostly water weight though because I lose it within a week of being. My feet and ankles always swell on a cruise. All those delious salty foods! I use to only do the stairs until my knees went bad. Can't get as much exercise now but the weight still comes right off when I get home. I applaud those who have prunes and oatmeal for breakfast and skip the bread and dessert at dinner. I though for one or two weeks a year will have my french toast for breakfast and a sourdough roll and dessert at dinner. Of course also the occaisial Guys Burger and ice cream cone! Then back to healthy eating the other 50 weeks!

Our first cruise we called our "Sloth Cruise." we ate and then napped most days. and DH and I gained about 9 lbs. :eek: It was really bad. We could see the weight gain in the pictures through the week. Now, I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease, so many of the usual delicious goodness is off limits for me.

Since our first cruise, we are more active on and off the ship, and we eat very carefully at breakfast and lunch so we can eat whatever we want at dinner. On our last cruise, I gained 2 lbs. and I think I gained that, because I was drinking my calories. Oops! :D

Believe it or not, I eat healthier on a cruise and don't gain weight. The low calorie selections are great and we walk and take stairs. In the past, most of my calories came from beer and mixed drinks. This time, I'm making use of two allotted bottles of wine and I'm going to make white wine coolers with no calorie pink grapefruit sparkling water.

On the last cruise I lost 4 pounds. The reason, I think, is that at home I go for junk food, sandwiches, whatever is available unhealthy or quicker to cook. On the ship there was a choice of fruit and veggies already washed, peeled, cut and prepared, easier to stay on a diet.