Passengers behaviour!

jomf

I think it just comes down to reasonableness and courtesy on both parts.

Yes, it's a cruise vacation, people are there to have fun and cut loose a bit. Or a lot. But people should also reasonably be able to sleep at 3am in their cabin. Some happy, boisterous noise for a short period of time is not a big deal, but if it goes on for a while, quite late at night, and/or multiple nights in a row, then it's moving into rudeness territory.

There are public spaces available for late night partying -- if that's how you want to spend your cruise, go for it. But do it in the appropriate areas of the ship. It's not that hard, and it's not that much of an imposition. The person trying to sleep during the middle of the night can't exactly go to the lounge to catch some zzz's.

And earplugs are a great suggestion -- if you can use them. I can't for some reason -- think my ear canals are really small or something, but earplugs just don't work/stay in for me. We have a large assortment since my husband is a singer, so I've tried several types at various music venues. Probably not a common problem, though. So worth bringing for a lot of people who might prefer to sleep at night.

I agree that earplugs are the best solution- I always wear them at concerts as I play the piano and have used them at rehersals as well. Besides the foam type which are very inexpensive there are also custom fit ones.

I tend to book rooms on the NCL ships on decks with little public spaces that invite less public traffic. I found on middle of decks 10 and 11 I had good fortune but of course this is all random.

Perhaps also look at what type of category you book as well- see if there is one that you think would cause more noise and avoid it

Keith

My friend used to have tea with him sometimes and had some very long conversations with him

Sometimes he even brought his best friend around!😄😎👏👍

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I figured it was him you were referring to as I heard he lives in Weston!

He should go on the Breakaway- he would own Fat Cats! His friend could come to and I could back them up on the piano!