Passengers behaviour!

jomf

Perfect example, on my next Cruise I am booked in a spa suite with a hot tub that's party central. On are we dance official site they even have in the job description of the butler one of the things he can do is organize a party in your room if you have a lot of friends on the cruise. If the room was not meant for partying and why would that be one of the Butlers official job descriptions? Its either the or concierge I cannot remember for certain lol. But it was one of them

A spa suite on NCL is NOT party central. It is a relatively small suite - just one room. The spa tub is NOT a hot tub and it is barely large enough for 2 - really better for 1 - just slightly larger than a standard bathtub in a house or apartment and it is not a deep tub either and the people in the spa suites are on the ship to relax and enjoy the spa, not be annoyed by people partying all night. Even the way the spa suites are decorated - with either 2 chairs or 1 sofa, there just is not room for more than 2 additional people to visit beyond the 2 people staying in the suite as there is nowhere for them to sit, unless you intend to have 2 sit out on the balcony and 2 sit inside while you and your SO sit on the bed. Basically, the spa suites are meant for a couple on a romantic spa getaway. They are ideal for honeymooners or someone on an anniversary or a couple who want a romantic getaway.

The other thing you should know is that your regular butler gets off work around 9pm and then there is a night butler who has to deal with many more suites than usual. The Spa area of the ship is a fairly quiet area, as most spas are. In keeping with this, the spa suites are decorated in quiet and relaxing colors.

If you want a true hot tub, then you might think about booking the Deluxe Owner's Suite on the NCL Jade, or a Garden Villa which also has a hot tub out on the verandah.

A spa suite on NCL is NOT party central. It is a relatively small suite - just one room. The spa tub is NOT a hot tub and it is barely large enough for 2 - really better for 1 - just slightly larger than a standard bathtub in a house or apartment and it is not a deep tub either and the people in the spa suites are on the ship to relax and enjoy the spa, not be annoyed by people partying all night. Even the way the spa suites are decorated - with either 2 chairs or 1 sofa, there just is not room for more than 2 additional people to visit beyond the 2 people staying in the suite as there is nowhere for them to sit, unless you intend to have 2 sit out on the balcony and 2 sit inside while you and your SO sit on the bed. Basically, the spa suites are meant for a couple on a romantic spa getaway. They are ideal for honeymooners or someone on an anniversary or a couple who want a romantic getaway.

The other thing you should know is that your regular butler gets off work around 9pm and then there is a night butler who has to deal with many more suites than usual. The Spa area of the ship is a fairly quiet area, as most spas are. In keeping with this, the spa suites are decorated in quiet and relaxing colors.

If you want a true hot tub, then you might think about booking the Deluxe Owner's Suite on the NCL Jade, or a Garden Villa which also has a hot tub out on the verandah.

Read my last post

These ships are so big that there is plenty of room for people who want to party to do that, and those that want some quiet to get that as well.

It seems fairly logical that the best place for the quiet would be the areas where the beds are, especially at night.

This allows for the majority of people to do what they want without being a problem to others. Contrary to what some others here think, many people want to be able to have fun during the pay/evening and also be able to get some sleep. I think going through a cruise on a couple of hours sleep each night puts you in a very small minority.

Luckily, I usually sleep too soundly on vacation to be disturbed by noisy neighbors for long. Things fellow passengers do that upset me onboard are the same things that upset me any other time: walking while staring at cell phones, wasting food, and line-cutting. I do wish people would realize they are sharing space with others.

Luckily, I usually sleep too soundly on vacation to be disturbed by noisy neighbors for long. Things fellow passengers do that upset me onboard are the same things that upset me any other time: walking while staring at cell phones, wasting food, and line-cutting. I do wish people would realize they are sharing space with others.

Me too, matter of fact, my room on the Breakaway was a mini-suite above the Blues Club and next to front elevator banks - slept to the music like it was a lullaby. If someone wants to disturb my sleep with the likes of Iron Maiden, Sonic Youth, Busta Ryhmes, Depeche Mode, Alabama Shakes, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Offspring, etc - Go right ahead, I sleep to that every night at home, anyway, makes no difference to me.

And I agreed regarding the sharing the public space - People need consideration for others especially, when they are nowhere near a person(s) talking loudly, like other side of the sundeck, but can still make out what they're saying through headphones without trying. Now that's rude!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

If I was in the mood I think I could make 2 fit in the hot tub or maybe 3.

Me too, matter of fact, my room on the Breakaway was a mini-suite above the Blues Club and next to front elevator banks - slept to the music like it was a lullaby. If someone wants to disturb my sleep with the likes of Iron Maiden, Sonic Youth, Busta Ryhmes, Depeche Mode, Alabama Shakes, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Offspring, etc - Go right ahead, I sleep to that every night at home, anyway, makes no difference to me.

And I agreed regarding the sharing the public space - People need consideration for others especially, when they are nowhere near a person(s) talking loudly, like other side of the sundeck, but can still make out what they're saying through headphones without trying. Now that's rude!

Well said.

...I think it's unfair personally to ask somebody to be quiet when they're trying to have fun. If I wanted a quiet Cruise I would Cruise the more expensive lines.

So you believe that anyone who felt it might be "fair" to be allowed to sleep at 3:00 AM should have to cruise the more expensive lines?

WOW, just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N.B.: No name calling, simply expression of amazement.

While this remark may be construed as snarky by some, it is an absolutely effective solution. We use them on our flights (when not listening with ear buds) and on board when we want to sleep in or take a mid day nap. Try the wax plugs - they are very comfortable.

Yep. Earplugs are one of the most important things I pack. They can save a vacation.

Well his view of a cruise is that everyone goes to drink/get drunk. That's their main goal.

Personally i booked the spa for a week so i can chill out. My intention is relax, enjoy the shows, eat, and see Bermuda on my cruise. I will probably drink a few cocktails, but probably not even everyday. Going on my own.

So i guess I'm old. But when I was partying and drinking and seeing bands at CBGB's i wouldn't have been doing it while on a cruise! I was doing it on the Lower East Side of Manhattan!

Well his view of a cruise is that everyone goes to drink/get drunk. That's their main goal.

Personally i booked the spa for a week so i can chill out. My intention is relax, enjoy the shows, eat, and see Bermuda on my cruise. I will probably drink a few cocktails, but probably not even everyday. Going on my own.

So i guess I'm old. But when I was partying and drinking and seeing bands at CBGB's i wouldn't have been doing it while on a cruise! I was doing it on the Lower East Side of Manhattan!

Considering NCL does music charter cruises of Kid Rock, Motorhead and Seether - Might want to rethink that statement of not wanting to do it on a cruise......

Edit - Check out the Music Themed Cruises link on the Official NCL website for the list of concerts.

Edited by maywell

Considering NCL does music charter cruises of Kid Rock, Motorhead and Seether - Might want to rethink that statement of not wanting to do it on a cruise......

Edit - Check out the Music Themed Cruises link on the Official NCL website for the list of concerts.

Ha. If Motorhead is on a cruise, i'll go on that one. But Lemmy ain't gonna live that long. And that wouldn't be a cruise i'd expect relaxation on!

Ha. If Motorhead is on a cruise, i'll go on that one. But Lemmy ain't gonna live that long. And that wouldn't be a cruise i'd expect relaxation on!

There's alot rockers that should be dead from way back but still performing - guess, to each their own. *Shrug*

I simply don't understand. There are Cruise for the elderly, from what I've heard some of the more expensive lines tend to only attract an older crowd. If you are sensitive about noise why not Cruise those lines? Yes you have the right to Cruise whichever one you want but Norwegian is now purposely attracting that younger crowd so there's going to be a lot more noise and partying on those ships.
Seriously? You think its okay to party in your cabin 'going a little crazy' as you say in another post you like to do when cruising, in your Cabin at 3am! It is not okay. There are plenty of public areas for you to do this in. As another poster said, there will be families with young children and young adults with early bookings for activities and tours. This is not all about elderly people trying to poop your party. Do you think nothing of just being considerate of others? Oh yes, and most people can't afford to cruise more than once a year!

There's alot rockers that should be dead from way back but still performing - guess, to each their own. *Shrug*

Yep...one of the more well known rockers who parties hard is still around....

I saw him drive right in front if me way back in 1995 ( he was my friends neighbor in Connecticut ) ....

I was frightened !!!! Lol

I believe he was picking his daughters up from the school bus. 🙀

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep...one of the more well known rockers who parties hard is still around....

I saw him drive right in front if me way back in 1995 ( he was my friends neighbor in Connecticut ) ....

I was frightened !!!! Lol

I believe he was picking his daughters up from the school bus. 🙀

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was that Rob Zombie or Gene Simmons? I can see that being one of them.....

Was that Rob Zombie or Gene Simmons? I can see that being one of them.....

Keith

My friend used to have tea with him sometimes and had some very long conversations with him

Sometimes he even brought his best friend around!😄😎👏👍

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

You know, I wanna say a decent amount of us on here are pretty pro-NCL (we are on NCL's sub-forum after all) but the difference between us and him is that we acknowledge some short comings of NCL and that we do address what we disliked while on a particular ship. For example, I had a blast on the Breakaway to Bermuda a month back and wrote about it in my review on here. However, I also talked about the ehhh experiences onboard as those also contributed (but not ruin) to my overall experience.

Him on the other hand, whenever someone even dares to critique a shortcoming of NCL or talked about some unpleasant experience on a particular ship, he will immediately call those people whiners and then say how they are privileged enough to be on vacation so who cares. Yes they were on vacation but it doesn't mean they won't note down the events that were mehhh. I feel that to tell people to stop whining is to try to shut them up and to stop them from expressing an opinion...all while not addressing whichever negative opinion the person might have had. Because of this, it's a bit ironic when he asserts the right to have an opinion but yet he doesn't even respect others' opinions and try to shut them up instead.

I respect everyone's opinions, I guess I just don't understand the complaining. Tbh I think it is because growing up I did not take any family vacations, never travelled anywhere. So now that I'm an adult I figure if you have anything to complain about on vacation why not just find a ship or place that you can have nothing to complain about. I respect the people that have complains I guess I simply just don't understand it. You can respect everyone's right to complain and not understand it. I think that's the misconception, when i call someone a whiner it's not that I'm saying they don't have a right to complain and that I don't respect it. I'm simply saying I don't understand it, if I went on a ship and had anything that I did not like I personally would simply find a different ship or line. My childhood was very depressing lol.

if I went on a ship and had anything that I did not like I personally would simply find a different ship or line.

Voicing ones opinion is how you help ensure the things you didn't like get eliminated and the things you do like are done more often. Nothing in life is perfect. But the companies that take money to provide an experience want to know what works and what doesn't. Quietly going away is no guarantee of a better experience, it just guarantees that the first company didn't have the opportunity to win you back.

Still, that's side track. A cruise ship is no ones personal domicile. Thousands of people all want to experience different things on their vacations. In a communal setting it is always best to try to be aware of others around you and to conduct yourself in a way that has a minimal negative impact on others. People have a reasonable expectation for a peaceful and relaxing setting within their cabin.

It's easy to remember the insulting self-serving lunacy of your posts. Although some get their feathers in a ruffle (which I'm sure just delights you to no end) the rest of us are just laughing at how you could possibly function in person-to-person society.

It's easy to be bold in your imbecilic CC and youtube posts but try making similar statements to someone in person and you'd be bounced to next week (literally).

Is it really necessary to be so nasty in your responses? You are being a cyber bully! I love cruising and that is why I come on this site...not to hear you insult someone thinking your being clever....it does not come across as clever...only mean.

If he likes to make noise that's his right you don't have to agree with him but no need to be nasty in your response.

Nobody has any "right" worth anything unless others have an obligation to respect it. Just as a person's "right" to peace and quiet is valueless if neighbors disregard it, a person's "right" to make noise depends upon his neighbors' willingness to tolerate it.

It is not being nasty to point that out to the gentleman.