Carnival Breeze 9/12-9/20

likeashrek

It has been a long time since I have made a posting review of my cruise experience, but my last and just about completed cruise on The Breeze has forced me to do so. This cruise was a retirement cruise for my wife who just left the teaching profession.

I want to make it clear that I used time share points to partly pay for our cruise. The best thing about this cruise was the service, beyond that it will be a very long time before we go on a Carnival cruise again.

I will make this posting as a simple as I can by using a rating of 1-5 stars, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest.

Service *****. Exceptional, our room steward, customer service(purser), and wait staff in the main dining room were great.

Cleanliness *** 1/2. The Breeze was clean, but the foul smell in the hall leading to our aft balcony, deck 8 port, was stomach churning. Our balcony was a mess, but our top notch room steward took care of everything.

Food ** it was a hit or miss in the dining room. Many a night the meal was cold or tepid at best. Buffet was average, but Guys Burgers was the best meal on the ship.

Entertainment * What entertainment? Main show room canned music. We saw the same shows, exactly the same, on the Glory 15 months ago. The only comics were good, but had none after the third night for an 8 night cruise. Carnival blames canceled flights and mechanical problems. I call it going cheap. They should of had them waiting for us in st. Kitts or San Juan, not Grand Turk. The passengers had to entertain themselves with karaoke. Sea day activities, nothing but trivia. Thank goodness we brought our scrabble game and books.

It is quite obvious that Carnival is cutting corners to deeply. I could go and on but do not want to bore you. Overall, we did have a good time, but no more Carnival for us, unless they make drastic changes. We will now shift back to Royal Caribbean and Princess.

Oh yea, the latest, starting 3 weeks ago no more delivering of any liquor you bought to your room. I must go and pick it up the morning you leave between six and eight thirty in the morning the day at the liquor store.

You get what you pay for on Carnival.

It has been a long time since I have made a posting review of my cruise experience, but my last and just about completed cruise on The Breeze has forced me to do so. This cruise was a retirement cruise for my wife who just left the teaching profession.

I want to make it clear that I used time share points to partly pay for our cruise. The best thing about this cruise was the service, beyond that it will be a very long time before we go on a Carnival cruise again.

I will make this posting as a simple as I can by using a rating of 1-5 stars, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest.

Service *****. Exceptional, our room steward, customer service(purser), and wait staff in the main dining room were great.

Cleanliness *** 1/2. The Breeze was clean, but the foul smell in the hall leading to our aft balcony, deck 8 port, was stomach churning. Our balcony was a mess, but our top notch room steward took care of everything.

Food ** it was a hit or miss in the dining room. Many a night the meal was cold or tepid at best. Buffet was average, but Guys Burgers was the best meal on the ship.

Entertainment * What entertainment? Main show room canned music. We saw the same shows, exactly the same, on the Glory 15 months ago. The only comics were good, but had none after the third night for an 8 night cruise. Carnival blames canceled flights and mechanical problems. I call it going cheap. They should of had them waiting for us in st. Kitts or San Juan, not Grand Turk. The passengers had to entertain themselves with karaoke. Sea day activities, nothing but trivia. Thank goodness we brought our scrabble game and books.

It is quite obvious that Carnival is cutting corners to deeply. I could go and on but do not want to bore you. Overall, we did have a good time, but no more Carnival for us, unless they make drastic changes. We will now shift back to Royal Caribbean and Princess.

Oh yea, the latest, starting 3 weeks ago no more delivering of any liquor you bought to your room. I must go and pick it up the morning you leave between six and eight thirty in the morning the day at the liquor store.

Thinks must of been pretty bad when the best meal was the Guy's burger which is a grease ball. Did you try the Italian restaurant of the steak house???

Food was a hit or miss in the dining room.

Guys Burgers was the best meal on the ship.

Entertainment What entertainment? Main show room canned music. We saw the same shows, exactly the same, on the Glory 15 months ago.

Did you see (all four) Playlist Productions shows?

-88 Keys

-Motor City

-Divas

-Latin Nights

Guys Burgers was your best meal on the Breeze????? What??? LOL!!!

Did you try the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant? Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse? The Deli? Mongolian Wok? Fat Jimmy's C-side Bbq? Bonsai Sushi restaurant? Red Frog Pub? Blue Iguana Cantina? Brunch or breakfast in the MDR? Seuss At Sea breakfast? The Indian Tandoor? The Chef's Table? The pizza place?? Room service?

I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that a mere simple burger from Guy's Burgers was your best meal on the Breeze. Wow, and sheesh!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Edited by ObstructedView2

LOL I love it when people post a review of THEIR trip and people blast them for it. True Cruise Critic.

OP sorry the cruise wasn't great. Glad you had a good time anyway. I too want to try Royal and love Princess. Please keep giving us reviews when you do.

-88 Keys

-Motor City

-Divas

-Latin Nights

Did you try the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant? Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse? The Deli? Mongolian Wok? Fat Jimmy's C-side Bbq? Bonsai Sushi restaurant? Red Frog Pub? Blue Iguana Cantina? Brunch or breakfast in the MDR? Seuss At Sea breakfast? The Indian Tandoor? The Chef's Table? The pizza place?? Room service?

I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that a mere simple burger from Guy's Burgers was your best meal on the Breeze. Wow, and sheesh!!

I agree, we need these questions answered. Reason being is some people never experience the ship and they shoot it down. I went on the Majesty of the Seas and all my friend did was complain... but she did not WANT nor did she experience the ship.

We leave in 4 weeks for this trip and this is the second negative out of maybe 30 or 40 reviews I've read about the Breeze

LOL I love it when people post a review of THEIR trip and people blast them for it. True Cruise Critic.

OP sorry the cruise wasn't great. Glad you had a good time anyway. I too want to try Royal and love Princess. Please keep giving us reviews when you do.

Well if you're going to write a review, you need to be like a reporter and explain what you did and why you didn't like it. There's a lot of missing information here.

I think the Breeze has a lot of entertainment options.

On a given night of our 8 day southern Caribbean cruise last February, starting aft, there was Comedy in the limelight, Ben in the piano bar, live guitars in the Red Frog, Deja Vu in Ocean Plaza, a Latin Duo in the Atrium and the production show in the main theater--- all at the same time.

Counted up that is 3 live music options, a comedy show, and the playlist show - not counting the Piano Bar.

None of these options may have been your cup of tea, and I get that, but to say there is no entertainment would not have been a valid complaint at least not on our cruise.

I am sorry there was an issue with the comedians on your trip - but that is not something that happens on a regular basis.

We enjoyed the Breeze so much we booked it again for 2016.

On this point, I wholeheartedly agree with you!! The cutbacks in entertainment specifically are what drove us to other lines. We just booked the Dream B2B journey cruises specifically because they still have the show band and full productions. Playlist is a really bad joke...I've sailed the Breeze twice and didn't even bother with the shows on the 2nd cruise.

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

It's interesting how different people can experience the same thing differently. We were on the same cruise. While I can't speak to the smell on deck 8 (we were on deck 9), or the theater shows (we don't usually watch those), we thought it was the best cruise we've been on.

As for entertainment, the rock band in Ocean Plaza and the guitar players in the Red Frog pub were fantastic. And there was always music and dancing going on in the atriums in the evening. There also seemed to be nonstop trivia and games going on during the sea days.

We loved the MDR food, especially the port of call options. We did anytime dining and it always came out hot and to order. My only really bad meal was the prime rib, but the cooks did the best they could with what was clearly a very cheap cut of meat.

The comedians were excellent, although I too was surprised for the gap in the middle of the cruise with none scheduled. I'm not going to blame Carnival for AA's messing up the flights for the new guys though.

Best meal on the ship for us was probably Bonsai Sushi, and I loved the Mongolian wok for lunch (just wish the line was shorter!) as well as the Indian buffet by the back pool. I agree that Guys was excellent.

Well let me throw my 2 cents into this. we just came back from the breeze sept 12 being the best ship in the carnival fleet it was 3 stars for me this time I sailed the breeze 3 times already and the cabin steward was fantastic we had port hole cabin with a small bed and a sofa so the steward joint both bed a sofa together to make a big bed and he padded the sofa to bring it up to level with the bed it was great the food was a mere 2 stars if you notice they have the same plate in the menu to days apart they just change the name. so the buffet was terrible food was cold and they don't refill the food trays until the last on is taken. guys burger was tasteless and the fries were very greasy. they had two comics one was a guys we was very funny but the girl comic was a bust not funny at all. now let me start on the show the diva show, Latin night show and Motown was the same old show we saw on our February cruise on the glory. "carnival have a little brain" if you have many ships on the fleet why do you have the same show running on all ships you should have different shows and just rotate them them from ship to ship the worst was they had a juggler show my god how cheap can they go the magic show was only 2 stars for me very cheap cards tricks. one thing matt the cruise director was the star of the show we was fantastic. well that it

-88 Keys

-Motor City

-Divas

-Latin Nights

I agree the dinning room did not always have the best food, but we still ate and if we did not get full we try something else to eat later on that evening....

We also smelled the foul smell not sure what it was either. We definitely are still Carnival cruisers...

-88 Keys

-Motor City

-Divas

-Latin Nights

Where ever Matt was, was enough entertainment for ME...

I think the Breeze has a lot of entertainment options.

On a given night of our 8 day southern Caribbean cruise last February, starting aft, there was Comedy in the limelight, Ben in the piano bar, live guitars in the Red Frog, Deja Vu in Ocean Plaza, a Latin Duo in the Atrium and the production show in the main theater--- all at the same time.

Counted up that is 3 live music options, a comedy show, and the playlist show - not counting the Piano Bar.

None of these options may have been your cup of tea, and I get that, but to say there is no entertainment would not have been a valid complaint at least not on our cruise.

I am sorry there was an issue with the comedians on your trip - but that is not something that happens on a regular basis.

We enjoyed the Breeze so much we booked it again for 2016.

I agree with Keith... I would still book the Breeze the ship alone is beautiful...

Well let me throw my 2 cents into this. we just came back from the breeze sept 12 being the best ship in the carnival fleet it was 3 stars for me this time I sailed the breeze 3 times already and the cabin steward was fantastic we had port hole cabin with a small bed and a sofa so the steward joint both bed a sofa together to make a big bed and he padded the sofa to bring it up to level with the bed it was great the food was a mere 2 stars if you notice they have the same plate in the menu to days apart they just change the name. so the buffet was terrible food was cold and they don't refill the food trays until the last on is taken. guys burger was tasteless and the fries were very greasy. they had two comics one was a guys we was very funny but the girl comic was a bust not funny at all. now let me start on the show the diva show, Latin night show and Motown was the same old show we saw on our February cruise on the glory. "carnival have a little brain" if you have many ships on the fleet why do you have the same show running on all ships you should have different shows and just rotate them them from ship to ship the worst was they had a juggler show my god how cheap can they go the magic show was only 2 stars for me very cheap cards tricks. one thing matt the cruise director was the star of the show we was fantastic. well that it

If that was the same juggler they had on the Magic a couple years ago, that guy was freaking hilarious....and PG-13 at that.

I was also on this cruise. Food is subjective, so I won't even give my opinion except to say we were more than satisfied.

Unfortunately, the comedians did debark mid cruise and new ones were supposed to get on in Grand Turk. You can't really control when a crew members contract is up, and the new ones cloud have very well not arrived due to airline issues. Coming back home, we had a layover in DC and our connecting flight was cancelled due to crew not showing up. I don't know or care if that's the true reason, either way we had to spend the night in DC because there were no more flights to our hometown that evening and fly out the next morning. Inconvenient, yes. Just an example that airline issues do happen and people can get held up.

Breeze was our best family cruise yet. Kids loved the ship, ropes course, water park and Italian pasta bar for lunch.

Loved Tandoor Indian...so did half the officers it seemed. ;)

We enjoyed the American Table meals generally. Nothing was cold, some dishes were not as hot as I might have liked but everything was edible and beyond.

Liked the night with Beef Wellington and Bitter & Blanc...MAGIC!

Honestly Guy's was OK and I suppose considering where you are, on a ship in the middle of the sea, was better than many shipboard burgers, but I feel it is overhyped. Still I hope the Magic gets one before it comes to FL. I would rather have it then not.

Blue Iguana Cantina, while not fabulous, was a good quick bite.

We found plenty of good food on the Breeze. Red Frog Pub wings were a nice fall back.

yes we saw all 4 playlist shows but that my point they don't change them that the same show I saw on my February cruise they should have different show in different ships and rotate them and we ate at the sushi it was the best

Wow. A little punctuation goes a long way.

We didn't see all the shows in the Ovation Theater, but we did go watch the "Run for Cover" band in the Ocean Plaza each night, we thought they were great!! Best band I've heard on a cruise ship myself!

"Run for Cover" was one of the best bands we've listened to on a cruise. I'm not a Playlist Productions fan (that's putting it mildly), but we found plenty of entertainment on Breeze. K

The comedians were excellent, although I too was surprised for the gap in the middle of the cruise with none scheduled. I'm not going to blame Carnival for AA's messing up the flights for the new guys though.

Hi. I'll be on the Breeze end of January with my mom-69 and 22 year old dd.

I was trying to decide what nights are best for Italian and Steakhouse. After reading your

post, I'm thinking at least one of those restaurants should be on night 3 or so. Do you agree?

Thank you very much!