Towels on the Freedom

iriemon

We had Gold (colored) cards on the Freedom a couple weeks ago and they still made us check out the towels. There wasn't a single day we made it to the pool and got a chair. The hogs were in full force. We talked to someone who came out so early to get their spot that there were stragglers from the night before that hadn't gone to bed. I guess this was around 5:30 am he said. The elevated sections by the pool bar weren't roped off for Suites and Pinnacles like there were a long time ago. Someone came and placed their towels. The chairs all sat for hours and the pool staff never did anything.

I don't recall Freedom ever having that section reserved for gold card holders. I do recall that section on Mariner though

Used to be in the terraced section between decks 11 and 12. I believe they moved it to the top of the Sky Bar.

God, I really hate this part. One of the worst parts of a cruise. I like having 2 or 3 towels not to save chairs but just to cover my own chair and dry off. Annoying to only be able to get one

You can get as many as you want. I always got more than one at a time.

Used to be in the terraced section between decks 11 and 12. I believe they moved it to the top of the Sky Bar.

Maybe I just never noticed it on Freedom, definitely knew it was there on Mariner. Gold area is above Sky Bar now. Not much usage.

1442931174208.jpg.fffdd08d0273dca3445908a1eac85a4d.jpg

Maybe I just never noticed it on Freedom, definitely knew it was there on Mariner. Gold area is above Sky Bar now. Not much usage.

I agree, we liked the terraced section better. Still that way on Adventure and Explorer.

I couldn't agree more. I guess instilling the fear of paying for a towel is necessary to make people act with some common sense and courtesy.

Agreed, the first cruise I had with the no sea pass required for towels I was walking toward an un manned towel station on Jewel. There was a stack of about 10 towels on the counter. I was walking at the same distance from another man. Out of courtesy I let him go first. He took every single towel. Apparently I have perfected my "look of death" as he offered me two of his 10.

Just off Serenade TA, there is a section for Gold cards in the front of the ship. I noticed it when I was walking on the track.

No check out of towels on cruise. Could take as many as you wanted but people do just leave them laying around.

Sherri:)

Good to hear, I'll check out Brilliance in December.:)

OMG, I was right for a change. I only knew because we were in a GS five years ago. I guess we just miss you by a couple of weeks. We are on over Thanksgiving

Edited by John&LaLa

Good to hear, I'll check out Brilliance in December.:)

It is very easy to miss,:D you have to take a few steps down from the jogging track to a small area. The sign above the entry said "reserved for gold card".

Sherri:)

Thank you for the clarification. It seems that others are experiencing the same on different ships.

Makes me wonder what kind of passenger Royal Caribbean is attracting, if they have to put such strict regulations on cheap torn pool towels.

M

I applaud Royal Caribbean's efforts regarding checking out pool towels. It helps cut down if not prevent chair hogs.

My most memorable chair hog prevention was one morning when I was enjoying an early coffee on the pool deck. I saw a family of four obviously dressed for a shore excursion stop by and checkout four towels. They then placed them on some loungers near the pool and plopped down a couple of old magazines and paperbacks to "secure" their reserved loungers. As they walked away I could see the husband and wife in a discussion and she was gesturing in an animated fashion. Soon he went back, retrieved their towels, and checked them back in.

It was pretty obvious to me that she was afraid they would be on the hook for the towels if they disappeared while they were on shore.

And, by they way, I probably would've helped them disappear.

Also, by the way, I never checkout a pool towel. I just look around and find one with a complimentary paperback and use that one.:D