FOS Room 1864

Babablue

We just returned today from FOS, we had a new room on deck 12. We had room 1864. There have been some questions on cruise critic regarding the room. In my opinion, it was WONDERFUL! It was a big pie shaped room with lots of storage both drawer and closet wise. The area to hang clothes was an average size but it had three long shelves that were probably 3.5-4 feet in length. The closet was large enough to walk into. The drawers in the desk area were also large, maybe 3 feet wide with three drawers. Bathroom was tiny. The desk area had storage beside the mirror that I kept all my makeup, blow dryer, curling iron and flat iron in, it also held the safe. The room had 5 large floor to ceiling windows, I thought it was better than a balcony. I could lay in bed in the air conditioning and watch the seas go by. The a/c was really cold. The stateroom attendant, Vincent, was also very good. I probably shouldn't sound so excited, I may never be able to get the room again after boasting it, but I would book this room ANYTIME over a balcony!

We just returned today from FOS, we had a new room on deck 12. We had room 1864. There have been some questions on cruise critic regarding the room. In my opinion, it was WONDERFUL! It was a big pie shaped room with lots of storage both drawer and closet wise. The area to hang clothes was an average size but it had three long shelves that were probably 3.5-4 feet in length. The closet was large enough to walk into. The drawers in the desk area were also large, maybe 3 feet wide with three drawers. Bathroom was tiny. The desk area had storage beside the mirror that I kept all my makeup, blow dryer, curling iron and flat iron in, it also held the safe. The room had 5 large floor to ceiling windows, I thought it was better than a balcony. I could lay in bed in the air conditioning and watch the seas go by. The a/c was really cold. The stateroom attendant, Vincent, was also very good. I probably shouldn't sound so excited, I may never be able to get the room again after boasting it, but I would book this room ANYTIME over a balcony!

I wish we would be able to get one!!i wonder if any of the freedom class ships are getting these rooms???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be honest, the mattress wasn't as comfortable as other beds we have had in the past. I didn't sleep well, however, my husband's snoring may have contributed to that...:eek:!

Guilty as charged myself. :eek:

Laura just got off Freedom in a new infill cabin and said the bed was cot like. Very thin mattress. Thanks for the insight. We have a Deck 12 balcony next August

We met someone a couple weeks ago that had that room. They took us up there. I thought the room was beautiful. The entire wall is glass and you can sit and watch the waves go by. I would definitely book it if the price was right. The only thing I didn't like was the location. You only had a choice of one set of elevators, or the stairs. Very far off the beaten path.

Love to hear it!

Any pictures?

We have that room in March. So excited. We liked the panoramic room on Vision quite a lot, we liked our forward oceanview room on Radiance in 2003 (7100?), so this is like a combo of them. :)

Neither DH nor DS want to know what room we're booked in, they want the surprise. It's sooooo hard! :p

To be honest, the mattress wasn't as comfortable as other beds we have had in the past. I didn't sleep well, however, my husband's snoring may have contributed to that...:eek:!

We sailed on Serenade in the summer and I found the bed really hard compared to previous cruises. I remembered comments on CC about mattress toppers and asked our stateroom attendant. Within the day the bed was remade with a thick topper which made all the difference and followed up the following day from a visit from her superior to check we had found it an improvement.

Sorry, I never took my camera out this entire cruise.

As far as location, I thought it was perfect. I could walk down the hall and be on upper pool deck. Or I would walk across the upper pool deck and then go down to eleven for food. I found it very easy. The elevators were always quick to get to the 12 the floor.

We were fortunate enough to sail in one of the Family Oceanview deck 12 rooms last April and have 1864 booked for next April. I love the views from that area. Both DH & I agree that we would rather have those rooms than a balcony. I am glad to hear that the storage space was plentiful. We may have been a bit spoiled with the amount of storage space in the family room.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
We were fortunate enough to sail in one of the Family Oceanview deck 12 rooms last April and have 1864 booked for next April. I love the views from that area. Both DH & I agree that we would rather have those rooms than a balcony. I am glad to hear that the storage space was plentiful. We may have been a bit spoiled with the amount of storage space in the family room.

:-) my family and I have this room the first week in April as well!! Looking forward to it!