What are your personal favorite MDR dishes on NCL?

LMaxwell

i absolutely LOVE their smoked salmon tartare ... it's cucumber, avocado and of course salmon ... had it as an appetizer every time i went to the mdr for dinner.

i also liked basically every dish with prawns that i got ... especially the linguine with a creamy sauce + prawns + mushrooms (i don't like mushrooms, but they were really easy to get rid of and the dish was amazing)

the only thing i wouldn't recommend that i got would be the fish+chips ... they have it at the mdr for lunch sometimes ... and at blue lagoon/o'sheehan's all the time. never liked it whenever/wherever i got it.

I must agree with 23words - I LOVE the smoked salmon tartare. It is delicious and my absolute favorite thing in the MDR.

There aren't a lot of entrees that I absolutely loved, but one that I have enjoyed on more than one cruise is a gnocchi with short rib ragu.

Favorite nightly dessert is the chocolate volcano, but if you eat in the MDR on the chocoholics night, the nutella pot du creme is outstanding.

Ditto on the smoked salmon tartare - that is good. So is the ceviche, beef sliders and garden sslad. For entrees, its the veggie lasagna rolls, fried chicken, pot roast, steak dishes, and gnocchi were pretty big portion and tasty. Not a big dessert person but the creme brulee and sorbet was good when I had them.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

the only thing i wouldn't recommend that i got would be the fish+chips ... they have it at the mdr for lunch sometimes ... and at blue lagoon/o'sheehan's all the time. never liked it whenever/wherever i got it.

Oh so sad! We had the Fish n Chips on the Star and it was awesome both in the MDR and O'Sheehans (liked it so much I got it twice). I really enjoyed it.

My wife loved the shrimp burger.

And we both loved the lunch salads (Ceasar?) in the MDR.

-Sean

I also liked that shrimp burger but I was a bit concerned as to what kind of glue they used to stick that shrimp together. :confused:

All they do is arrange them tightly in a ring mold with seasoning on the grill. I make them at home now.The shrimp have to be dried off really well and spray the griddle with non stick spray. When they cook they will stick together.

All they do is arrange them tightly in a ring mold with seasoning on the grill. I make them at home now.The shrimp have to be dried off really well and spray the griddle with non stick spray. When they cook they will stick together.

Whew!!!! Thanks!

I don't think they served the shrimp burger any time during my 10-day Alaska cruise :( Will look for it on my next one though!

My favorite entree was the garlicky scallops that they served in an escargot dish. We wiped up all the butter with the bread :)