Where is Jack's Shack?

wrcjr98

I just got back from my cruise that included a stop in Grand Turk. The two things I wanted to do were see the Conch Shell Graveyard, and visit Jack's Shack. We found the Conch Shell Graveyard (which was not what I expected? Maybe too many people have taken Conch shells home), but we walked and walked and walked and never found Jack's Shack? Cruising again in February, and would like to find it this time!! Any directions from anyone? Thanks!

It's on the opposite end from the conch graveyard.

Turn left off the pier(versus right as to the graveyard) . Go past Margaritaville along the beach. You're heading toward what looks like a container pier and you can't go any further. Just be fore you get there is

Jack's. Last place along that strip of beach.

http://**************************uploads/banner_552.jpg

All those ****s are for "cruiseportconnection dot com/"

Edited by crewsweeper

It's on the opposite end from the conch graveyard.

Turn left off the pier(versus right as to the graveyard) . Go past Margaritaville along the beach. You're heading toward what looks like a container pier and you can't go any further. Just be fore you get there is

Jack's. Last place along that strip of beach.

http://**************************uploads/banner_552.jpg

All those ****s are for "cruiseportconnection dot com/"

Awe man! I went the wrong way! I thought the Conch Shell Graveyard and Jacks were both the same way!

Thank you, now next time I'll know!!

Awe man! I went the wrong way! I thought the Conch Shell Graveyard and Jacks were both the same way!

Thank you, now next time I'll know!!

Aah!! Sorry you missed Jack's, but in your walk to the south point(and I assume beyond) did you see the wild horses and the "Eye"-an ruins?:D That's something the rummies and as I understand the more recent "booze-in-the-blender concoctions" drinkers at Jack's did see!;)

• 2 weeks later...
I just got back from my cruise that included a stop in Grand Turk. The two things I wanted to do were see the Conch Shell Graveyard, and visit Jack's Shack. We found the Conch Shell Graveyard (which was not what I expected? Maybe too many people have taken Conch shells home), but we walked and walked and walked and never found Jack's Shack? Cruising again in February, and would like to find it this time!! Any directions from anyone? Thanks!

Do you feel like the Conch Shell Graveyard but was worth the walk?

Can you tell me how long it took you to walk there?

Hope you're able to find Jack's when you go back. We had a great time there - my husband dreams about the jerk chicken and it's been 4 years since we've been there :)

Make sure you check out their website before you go - you can print a coupon for a free rum shot!

Do you feel like the Conch Shell Graveyard but was worth the walk?

Can you tell me how long it took you to walk there?

Hope you're able to find Jack's when you go back. We had a great time there - my husband dreams about the jerk chicken and it's been 4 years since we've been there :)

Make sure you check out their website before you go - you can print a coupon for a free rum shot!

It didn't take that long to walk to the Conch Shell Graveyard - but - either I expected more, or a bunch of people have taken shells so it's really no big deal now? The hard part about the walk, is that it wasn't nice sandy beach to walk on - it was very rocky, and several times my husband had to help me keep my balance on the rocks. At least I can say that I have been there!!

Thanks for the "insider" info on Jacks! I was really looking forward to seeing the dog, and just having a "laid back" kind of beach day. Margaritaville was crazy crowded, and a little wild for us old (53) folks. I didn't care to watch the "twerking" contest myself. So, we headed back to the ship early!

Aah!! Sorry you missed Jack's, but in your walk to the south point(and I assume beyond) did you see the wild horses and the "Eye"-an ruins?:D That's something the rummies and as I understand the more recent "booze-in-the-blender concoctions" drinkers at Jack's did see!;)

I didn't see any wild horses or any "eye-an" ruins? We walked until the point I believe? Dang. I miss all the good stuff!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I will get flamed for saying this, but Jack Shack is exactly that, a shack!! We were very disappointed. After a long walk on the beach, we sat down to order, the smell of gasoline was so bad that we couldn't stay. 3 of us got nauseous and a headache. Thats how bad the smell was!

Edited by sweetsixteencruisers

• 2 weeks later...