Freedom or Breeze

CasaDeM

Please help me decide... We are a family of 4; mom, dad, DD5 & DD8. Which would you pick. Sailing out of Galveston in May. This will be our first family cruise. DH and I have cruised before but not with our own children. Which option would be best for our girls?

Option 1:

Aboard: Carnival Freedom

Sails to: Montego Bay, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico

Option 2:

Aboard: Carnival Breeze

Sails to: Key West, FL; Freeport, The Bahamas; Nassau, The Bahamas

For $500 more option 3:

Aboard: Liberty of the Seas

Sails to: Roatan, Honduras; Puerto Costa Maya,Mexico; Cozumel, Mexico

The Breeze never actually goes to the Caribbean...none of those places are in the Caribbean.....

The other 2 choice are a toss-up...I'd take the best deal on either of the 1st or 3rd cruise. Bear in mind that Carnival's standard cabins will be larger than RCI's.

While I wouldn't go on carnival for a number of personal reasons - the bigger question is what do you want to do on your trip.

Do you want to go to the beach or go site seeing / do excursions or do you want to just hang out on the ship?

Also is this trip family time or the kids are being brought along and you want to have some parents time too...in that case you should compare the kids club activities (assuming your children like organized activities)

As CB said option 2 doesn't go the Caribbean and that is mostly a beach cruise IMO....

I'm from Florida and have stopped doing "beach cruises" since I can go to the beach any day of the week.

Both of those carnival cruises would be great. The girls will have an amazing time in the camp carnival program.

Both will have similar shore excursions. Whether you like beach days or shopping....the only big difference Cozumel would be more historical, but kids that age really aren't interested in seeing old structures.

The breeze is the newer boat, which is why I'd choose it over the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ladygal4.4
Hit send button too fast

While I wouldn't go on carnival for a number of personal reasons - the bigger question is what do you want to do on your trip.

Do you want to go to the beach or go site seeing / do excursions or do you want to just hang out on the ship?

Also is this trip family time or the kids are being brought along and you want to have some parents time too...in that case you should compare the kids club activities (assuming your children like organized activities)

As CB said option 2 doesn't go the Caribbean and that is mostly a beach cruise IMO....

I'm from Florida and have stopped doing "beach cruises" since I can go to the beach any day of the week.

Thanks for your reply. We have never taken a "beach vacation" I don't know how we would do just hanging out on a beach for several days, which is why i figured a cruise might be a good combination of beach and sight seeing.

Both of those carnival cruises would be great. The girls will have an amazing time in the camp carnival program.

Both will have similar shore excursions. Whether you like beach days or shopping....the only big difference Cozumel would be more historical, but kids that age really aren't interested in seeing old structures.

Thanks for your reply. I just watched a YouTube video of the Breeze and that looks awesome. I wonder what the height/age requirements are for the ropes course.

Thanks for your reply. I just watched a YouTube video of the Breeze and that looks awesome. I wonder what the height/age requirements are for the ropes course.