In suite breakfast?

Lonedaddy

I noticed the quote from the X website "•Personal butler service 24/7 for assistance with unpacking, in-suite lunch and dinner, afternoon tea, evening hors d'oeuvres, espresso and cappuccino"

Can you get breakfast served in room or is that an extra charge in a royal suite or does that mean that the butler will only serve lunch and dinner and room service will deliver the breakfast?

We had breakfast delivered by the butler several mornings. We really enjoyed this service on days when we had plans to leave the ship fairly early. We ordered the breakfast the evening before with a menu that allowed us to specify a time range.

Breakfast delivered to our room is one of the things we absolutely love about cruising, particularly on port mornings.

It doesn't matter your cabin. We typically sail in sky suites, but we've been in Aqua and even concierge class cabins. If in a suite it will likely be your butler who delivers the meal. It could be your cabin steward or a kitchen person in another cabin. We always tip a few dollars but supposedly it's an included part of the deal.

On port mornings we like to get ready to go, pack up our bag or whatever we need, and not have to go back and forth and back and forth to get breakfast and go back to brush teeth, etc. It's so nice to go out onto the balcony and see the port and leisurely eat while we're getting ready.

We don't always have it out ON the balcony, but sometimes we do.

In 13 cruises we've never had dinner in the room, but perhaps we should one time. I got sick one cruise and ended up having breakfast and lunch delivered one day and just skipped dinner altogether. My cabin attendant and my butler were so sweet to me. The butler brought me some chicken soup which was some of the best soup I've ever had. I think they made it special for me.

I thought I remembered reading, when the new suite enhancements were being promoted by X, that some items from the new Luminae menu would be extended to room service breakfast menu for all suites.

Was I imagining this or does anyone else remember reading this?

Is there anything different about suite breakfast menu since Luminae was introduced?

Edited by takemewithyou
Spelling!

We had breakfast delivered by the butler several mornings. We really enjoyed this service on days when we had plans to leave the ship fairly early. We ordered the breakfast the evening before with a menu that allowed us to specify a time range.

jjmock: Your butler will deliver your breakfast (or any meal)' date=' set your table, and will probably do more for you than you ever expected! Their service is great! [/quote']

YES, YES!! Agree from our experience both that the Butler does breakfast in your suite and that this is a super enjoyable experience. Especially, when you are getting ready early in the am for a busy day of port, etc., activities.

Don't be shy in ordering exactly and as much as what you want and need, including, as example, a couple of different juices, both bacon and sausage, etc. Fun, fun, fun!!

Agree above with jjmock that our service was excellent and that our Butler liked doing this service and connecting with us as passengers. Breakfast on the balcony can be wonderful, but as shown below in Sydney, we had "visitors" to join us after we had completed our breakfast.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 120,303 views for this posting.

From our balcony on the port side in Sydney's scenic harbor, we had great and up-close views of their spectacular Bridge and historic Rocks area. Plus, after our first breakfast there, here are views of an Aussie feathered bird friend paying a nice visit to our dining table and working hard to help "clean up"!! Fun!!:

SydneyDepartSolstice22_zps7cb66258.jpg

SydneyDepartSolstice18_zpse98e33ec.jpg

I'm sure there are differing opinions on this but when in a Suite the Butler will always be the one bringing room service as he will make sure a proper table is set for you. I consider this another service the butler is providing for me and don't tip on the spot for this. We like to have breakfast served in the suite every day. To me this is above and beyond the norm for butler service and it's reflected in the overall extra tip provided.

When a pantry delivery person brings the breakfast when in another room type we do tip on the spot. Even though it's sometimes the same person every day you can't count on that.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I couldn't seem to find an answer doing a search.:rolleyes:

So, if staying in a suite (RS), can my Mr. Muush get his waffles? He is looking forward to them!

I did read that you can get MDR items, so I'm thinking yes.:)

(which would mean Eggs Benedict for me):D